Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Here is what was served in Y on CDG-JTR (3h20 block time) : a muffin . OK, a very good one, but just a muffin. Am I wrong saying that on such long routes, even Y had a full tray with a warm item ?
Oh, but silly me, it’s for my safety

and now for the return flight (3h45 block time) : a very small cheese sandwich and a cake. Fortunately, we were very well treated by the crew as Ultimate with additional sweets from J, and Champagne, but the regular thing is a misery and shame

Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
and now for the return flight (3h45 block time) : a very small cheese sandwich and a cake. Fortunately, we were very well treated by the crew as Ultimate with additional sweets from J, and Champagne, but the regular thing is a misery and shame

I remember this from my recent OTP flight. Indeed, it's disappointing!
Old Aug 27, 2020, 11:12 pm

It’s for your safety guys 😂
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very good tray on CDG-CTA in J. There was a choice between beef and fish for the hot meal. I took the fish (and then I thought about the movie Airplane ).

Old Aug 28, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: FB Gold
^Looks better than what I got in J for Delta from ATL to AMS this past week.
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:44 am

Very good tray on CDG-CTA in J. There was a choice between beef and fish for the hot meal. I took the fish (and then I thought about the movie Airplane ).

it seems that your last disappointing experience in Y for the inbound flight force you to do the return in J 😉👍
Old Aug 30, 2020, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

Sorry but that dish is terribly presented and unacceptable for J even on short flights
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Excellent service and meal on CTA-CDG, which has largely compensated a catastrophic ground experience in CTA. Choice of hot meal was between beef and chicken lasagna. Took the beef. One can now regret that the cheese has disappeared from the trays.

Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:40 pm

Those look like real glasses. If so is AF one of if not the only to finally return to glassware?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by TEBraniff
Those look like real glasses. If so is AF one of if not the only to finally return to glassware?
yes, real glass. But I don’t think AF is the only airline in that case.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
yes, real glass. But I don’t think AF is the only airline in that case.
Indeed. From personal experience QR.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:58 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed. From personal experience QR.
LH and LX never went to paper cups (in J). And why would they? Are they less "dangerous"?

Last edited by San Gottardo; Sep 3, 2020 at 5:32 am
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Sorry but that dish is terribly presented and unacceptable for J even on short flights
Tastes do differ.
I am in favor of light dishes and I like the way the sauce is separate from the fick/meat. I hate when the fisk is reheated swimming in an ocean of sauce.
The whole meal on both CTA legs looks really fine to me.

@San Gottardo, the argument made to me on BA was that the use of paper/plastic means that the FA just throw away what is on the tray without physical contact with any item. Using real glasses mean that the FA has to store all of them in a tray for cleaning at airport. But when you get that even in F class with disgusting wine miniatures in soft plastic, that is getting ridiculous. BA lost me as a frequent F user (often upgrading a J ticket with a few avios)..There are no more nonstop flights to HKG on AF or CX, but I am using one-stop QR J instead of cheaper BA J . Will very seriously consider AF again when they reintroduce the nonstop.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
AF457 GRU-CDG this week.
Service was good, with alcohol and so on, but still a bit limited.
Menu was not available, only the main course was asked for.

Starter : tomate mozzarella and some smoked roast-beef (never saw the menu so cannot really confirm)

Main course : Cheesy tagliatelle with mushroom and asparagus. Does not present very well but it was good. Other alternatives were tournedos with potatoes and chicken with potatoes.

Breakfast : Some ignoble omelette stuffed into a crepe !!!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Special Meals

Are special meals being offered on AF flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.