Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can accept that this is a strange period we are in now. But by August when many of us will go on vacation, I hope that AF has their house in order. They have two more weeks to get organized.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
I found that ( sorry it is in french ) : https://www.sngaf.com/wp-content/upl...sign%C3%A9.pdf

It seems union wants to fight back the return to normal or pseudo normal of the service on board to go back to the situation in june with almost no service; They claim there is a big risk under some french labor law; (I am not expert in it so no clew what consequences this declaration may have);
They highlight the fact that when passagers eat and drink they have no mask so the risk of transmission is increased here;
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by pascalgr
I found that ( sorry it is in french ) : https://www.sngaf.com/wp-content/upl...sign%C3%A9.pdf

It seems union wants to fight back the return to normal or pseudo normal of the service on board to go back to the situation in june with almost no service; They claim there is a big risk under some french labor law; (I am not expert in it so no clew what consequences this declaration may have);
They highlight the fact that when passagers eat and drink they have no mask so the risk of transmission is increased here;
I am certain that if these toxic unions would own a restaurant/shop that they would support this idea of no interaction with clients ...
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pascalgr

ah !!!! Without those unions of crazy and lazy persons, we would have no fun.
The last paragraph is the best
Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Anyone knows if wine service in longhaul J is now similar to before?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Hi,

Originally Posted by brunos
Anyone knows if wine service in longhaul J is now similar to before?
Yes and AFAIK, it has always been the case for longhaul.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But now, reading Leadership above : the shortest medium-haul flights are still on exception ???
I understand, this is confusing, the information I shared with you are the one that AF told me, they clearly make a difference between the shortest EU flights (AMS, DUS...) and others EU flights that are under 2:30.
Also TUN is an exception (as shown above) with choice of hot meals despite being sold as 2:20/2:25 flight time
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
I wanted to report about the service on Sofia-CDG last night on AF; It is a evening flight leaving 8.20 pm Sofia ( 3 hours flight) ; Service was reduced in Y to a sandwich and non alcoholic drinks; However on request by Platinum member you can get some from the back of the office. So the expected improvement of flight over 2:30 hours didn't arrive yet... or disappeared already;

sandwich served of SOF-CDG 15 july 2020 in Y
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:05 pm

AF communicates on its actual catering offer, back to (almost) normal :
https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...catering-offer
Old Jul 17, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Bullspread
This communication is a bit odd.
They say that the new service started from June 26th.

In the Economy cabin, on all flights lasting less than 2hr30*, a beverage service comprising water, coffee, tea, fruit juice and alcohol is offered
Definitely not what I got on July 10th.

They also state that long haul J welcome drink is back, and I don’t recall reading any traveler witnessing that in their flight reports so far...
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:06 am

Cost price (sandwich SOF-CDG) : less than 1€ for sure......
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Bullspread
have they also cut back on translation costs? The news release is hopelessly written, talking about the past period which is no longer relevant. Customers want to know what the service is like now.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
have they also cut back on translation costs? The news release is hopelessly written, talking about the past period which is no longer relevant. Customers want to know what the service is like now.
That's been the case for a long time. You still GAIN miles (earn is the English translation of gagner in this context).

and a few others that sound strange from time to time.

Generally they do a pretty good job though I use the French version mostly.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
So what is served on CDG-JFK or BOS? They fall under the 8h30 range so if I am understanding correctly a welcome drink, hot meal and no arrival meal?

Are the FAs hiding in the galley or can I still ask for refills of my Château Lafite?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
So what is served on CDG-JFK or BOS? They fall under the 8h30 range so if I am understanding correctly a welcome drink, hot meal and no arrival meal?
You have the answer in post #148 . Yes, there is a 2nd meal.
bostontraveler and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
I am still not clear about what AF means with “short” EU flights: probably less than 75min?
Anyway, flew CDG-GVA in Y this morning: Coffee, tea, chocolate, orange juice available. No sweet snack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.