Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Here is what was served in Y on CDG-JTR (3h20 block time) : a muffin . OK, a very good one, but just a muffin. Am I wrong saying that on such long routes, even Y had a full tray with a warm item ?
Oh, but silly me, it’s for my safety

Haha, the muffin does look more premium than the OTP version. Pre-covid the likes of ATH and KBP enjoyed a hot meal service in Y but
safely must come first now 😉
On my OTP flight I found the crew sitting in the galley maskless - they certainly seem to be much more relaxed than they were at the begining of the pandemic. Less contact with pax makes their life easier. Having said that, on both OTP flights the purser came over to check if things were okay and supplied a bottle of water.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Jonny Endley
Yep silly you.

Even more sillier though. This Morning on an Iberia Geneva - Madrid, no B0B but a Glorious glass of water !

Yep, that makes AF seem amazing !

J
Iberia are giving water away for FREE now? ! 😄
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I know it's easy to bash AF, but for short-haul domestic flights in Y, Delta is offering less than AF. Just a plastic bag with a small bottle of water and two unsavoury snacks.

It may be personal preference, but I'd rather have a near-full selection of juices and beverages like with AF on a short flight than (rather salty) peanuts and no offer for drink choices or refills.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:50 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
What to expect on CDG-AMS in J in the morning? Any sort of halfway decent breakfast?
This is AMS-CDG for a 9:40 departure:

Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by gkl

pathetic ...
do you know of KL applies the same cost cutting measures on the same route ?
FlyingYan likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:30 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I flew KL last week in the other direction CDG-AMS and received the small black KL bag with a cinnamon roll and a water bottle (afternoon flight)
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by gkl

Had the same from AMS. CDG-SFO was the following. Everything was on one tray except for the main. All items had either a plastic or metal lid on them that I had to remove.

Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by NumbThumb
Had the same from AMS. CDG-SFO was the following.
Same exact menu I had on CDG-JFK. I guess that is the menu for all long haul flights? Or all to America?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To everyone here who is complaining about drastic reduction of catering : I strongly encourage you to send your remarks to AF, otherwise nothing will change.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
La Première Service

Good news for first class flyers, the on board service seems to be almost back to normal. Pictures taken by my father two days ago, onboard AF703 (ABJ-CDG).
As in J, the bread is packed. Apart from that, I don’t see any difference from before (sorry no pic of the main course).

SkyteamEP and Bullspread like this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: FB Plat
Deutz over Krug! Bichot is a nice addition though.

I forgot to mention, the quality of the bread on my last flight was complete garbage...shockingly so. A bit offensive if one were French.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This plastic-wrapped bread is another nonsense IMHO. I’d like to know why it is safer Covid-wise than normal unwrapped bread?
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:16 pm

Very nice Customized experience for ULTI on a J domestic flight this week :-)
very attentive crew

Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Bullspread
Very nice Customized experience for ULTI on a J domestic flight this week :-)
very attentive crew

Indeed and fortunately, a plastic glass was used for your safety
Carel1 and Bullspread like this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This plastic-wrapped bread is another nonsense IMHO. I’d like to know why it is safer Covid-wise than normal unwrapped bread?
Especially if the rest of the food is not wrapped.

Wrapping everything is a big nonsense in airlines, hotels, restaurants. If the plastic wrapping has been touched by the employee it is actually worse than a higienically plated meal.
FlyingYan, Goldorak and SkyteamEP like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.