Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Royal Orchid Gold - Accor A-Club Platinum
Very disappointed with a recent CDG-LHR.
Boarding is a mess with no rules (no seat boarding, no SP, etc.), hence an immediate long queue forming.

On board business limited to a drink and nuts.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:01 am

Champagne is back in J on domestic and European routes
Goldorak and skycruiserNL like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Flew CDG-TXL yesterday in Y

Service included a small sweet snack (Madeleine) and Coffee, Tea, Water and orange juice (apple juice had been deemed too dangerous I guess).

Boarding with SP functioned properly (Zone 1&2) with enforcement.

One quick note to ADP: Accčs Numero 1 was opened with the regular main security check at 2F, but dedicated entry (all the way to the left of the terminal) was not opened. It was really packed at 6am. Maybe worth opening it again, at least during what is currently rush hour.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
The criteria for what is dangerous are pretty simple:
  • Anything that costs more than 5 cents per litre: dangerous
  • Anything that looks too frivolous at a time where FAs are risking their lifes while doing their job (and nobody even applauds at 8pm): dangerous
  • Anything consumed by the crew, including hot meals and full choice of drinks for their daily 4 hours away from home: not dangerous
  • Anything that was left over from past years, deemed to cheap to be served during normal times, but that can now be recycled under the pretext "for your health and safety", such as tasteless crackers or nuts: not dangerous
Please also bear in mind that plastic cups are far less dangerous than china mugs.

If anyone wants to play the game and replace the word "dangerous" in the above sentences with "not cheap enough", please go ahead. Funny how the sentences still make sense.
orbitmic, Nico40, Carel1 and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Bullspread
Champagne is back in J on domestic and European routes
good
Any info about food in J ?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The criteria for what is dangerous are pretty simple:
  • Anything that costs more than 5 cents per litre: dangerous
  • Anything that looks too frivolous at a time where FAs are risking their lifes while doing their job (and nobody even applauds at 8pm): dangerous
  • Anything consumed by the crew, including hot meals and full choice of drinks for their daily 4 hours away from home: not dangerous
  • Anything that was left over from past years, deemed to cheap to be served during normal times, but that can now be recycled under the pretext "for your health and safety", such as tasteless crackers or nuts: not dangerous
Please also bear in mind that plastic cups are far less dangerous than china mugs.

If anyone wants to play the game and replace the word "dangerous" in the above sentences with "not cheap enough", please go ahead. Funny how the sentences still make sense.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
good
Any info about food in J ?
just the usual peanuts and sweet cookies.
i guess only flights>2h30 are benefiting about meal
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
As expected I ended up on my ‘seat plus’, welcomes by the 2nd purser but AF really surprised me as a little while later the leading purser came to my seat and mentioned that on the captains discretion I was welcome to follow her and got reseated in Classe Affaires 🥰 I was informed that the crew was very happy to have loyal customers flying again and with them onboard in these current weird/difficult times.
Merci AF! Very unexpected and very welcome, I felt recognized and the crew was so happy to be there as well (they told me) 👌🏼

So I can confirm now on longhaul J (this was a 12-hour flight) service is back to (almost) normal from what I see.

Photos: 11JUL20

Longhaul Business (1st service) Champagne aperitif | Starter, cheese and salad on a tray Main dish (several options) | dessert & coffee

Enroute drinks & cheesy crackers 2nd service is a tray with several options to choose
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:29 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
so, bubbles are fully back
warm food and a nice upgrade to a A332 (fully booked) on the 2-hour flight CDG-TUN:
food was very good.

wow, felt that good to go lie-flat after dinner with a second glass of Champagne
orbitmic, Goldorak, Carel1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
As expected I ended up on my ‘seat plus’, welcomes by the 2nd purser but AF really surprised me as a little while later the leading purser came to my seat and mentioned that on the captains discretion I was welcome to follow her and got reseated in Classe Affaires 🥰 I was informed that the crew was very happy to have loyal customers flying again and with them onboard in these current weird/difficult times.
Merci AF! Very unexpected and very welcome, I felt recognized and the crew was so happy to be there as well (they told me) 👌🏼

So I can confirm now on longhaul J (this was a 12-hour flight) service is back to (almost) normal from what I see.

Photos: 11JUL20

Longhaul Business (1st service) Champagne aperitif | Starter, cheese and salad on a tray Main dish (several options) | dessert & coffee

Enroute drinks & cheesy crackers 2nd service is a tray with several options to choose
Great to see this.

As a point of comparison, see my post on a recent BA F service:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32527722-post1.html

No more BA for me, even is they are the cheapest.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by brunos
Great to see this.

As a point of comparison, see my post on a recent BA F service:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32527722-post1.html

No more BA for me, even is they are the cheapest.
WOW. Just read your BA F report . Totally scandalous.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gkl
KLM passengers received bubbles in Y yesterday, however only the Coke-bubbles. So it must have something to do with AF-passengers which need to be protected from these dangerous bubbles.
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Dear all,
As promised, here are the changes effective since 10th July.

Most notably for Medium-Haul:
  • Full beverages choice for C class regardless of flight duration
  • True (cold) Business class tray for flight under 2:30 (except France & short EU flights: AMS, DUS, GVA,LHR...)
  • Salty and sweet snacks for Y class (except France & short EU flights: AMS, DUS, GVA,LHR...)
For Long-Haul:
  • Reintroduction of a breakfast bag for overnight flights under 8:30 in both Y & W class
  • True second meal in J class (cold under 10:30, hot above 10:30) yet no choice
Full article: https://blog.flight-report.com/infog...ce-post-covid/

Infographic:

Goldorak and lynxy like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:28 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Warm breakfast (TUN-CDG): there was a choice of two, they did not ask what I wanted but just prepared both for me (sorry no photo of the second choice which I did not touch because I was not that hungry, but I have a sweet tooth and could not resist the pancakes).
the only downside is that they don't have warm bread buns, but have them plastic-wrapped.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

It's unbelievable how hard it is to obtain correct information from AF about service on-board for medium-haul < 2h30:
- info I got early july from a FA was that full normal service would be back on July 10. On the date of this discussion, only beverage service was provided in both Y and J.
- on July 10, I flew to BCN in Y and service was back to normal and I couldn't tell for J. The same day, I asked the Ulti TA and they replied that there was still no food served in J (apart a bag of crackers or peanuts...)
- on the 12th, we got the info here from Bullspread that Champagne was back but no food. Still on July 12, a flight report CDG-TXL (link below), was showing that food was back to normal in J
https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...cdg-berlin-txl
- on the 13th, I ask again the TA : same response : "we confirmed with our colleagues in charge : still no food for flights <2h30". I replied asking them if they were really sure and pointing them to the flight report to TXL. I was interested for my flight back from BCN in J. They called me and said "we checked with our colleagues in BCN and indeed food is back in J". Come on : how on earth the CDG staff is unable to answer clearly such a simple question
- today, flew from BCN in J and indeed a tray is served (see picture). Foie gras and lentil salad. Noticeable differences : bread in in plastic, the cheese is a pre-packaged Camembert Président you usually have in Y on long-haul. OK I can live with this. Champagne was Laurent Perrier. The FA told me that service was back to normal. But now, reading Leadership above : the shortest medium-haul flights are still on exception ???
And when I asked the Ultimate TA if they were trying to disguise cost-cutting measures behind so-called sanitary measures, they promised that it was not the case. But, so how can they still justify those exceptions ?? This goes beyond any logic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.