Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Seems I got luckier than some here back in mid-July. CDG - ATH 16th July seemed a normal Y service, sandwich and biscuits, and a bottle of wine for a 2:45 flight. The long haul the night before from MEX, full service, lovely crew and very happy to give me extra alcohol when I went back and asked, in fact when I asked for a wine she immediately asked if I wanted two bottles. The only difference was the champagne was served with the meal rather than before (but red wine bottle still served as well), and no choice of main, but what I got was perfectly nice. Breakfast was served in the bag rather than a tray but I actually thought it was rather good, and I enjoyed the hot scrambled egg pasty they gave separately to the bag probably more than the usual tray. Overall I was very impressed in the circumstances.
maalloc likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: FB Plat
CDG-VIE yesterday morning. Dunno if it corona-related but the sandwich did not feel very premium. Also tea service was very limited (only a green tea from le Palais des Thés and a no-name earl gray). On the positive side, crew looked very happy to be back in the air… and to be honest, so did I!

Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Porcepic
CDG-VIE yesterday morning. Dunno if it corona-related but the sandwich did not feel very premium. Also tea service was very limited (only a green tea from le Palais des Thés and a no-name earl gray). On the positive side, crew looked very happy to be back in the air… and to be honest, so did I!

this sandwich type is certainly not acceptable for J It looks like a SNCF sandwich in the 80’s.
GeminisTwin and Porcepic like this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
JFK-CAI-JFK

Took a last minute trip to Egypt (one of the few countries allowing American Passports) July 22nd returning back July 29th. Was able to fly in the J cabins on all sectors. Didn't take pictures but the catering was best CDG-CAI and CDG-JFK, followed by JFK-CDG. CAI-CDG I did not eat as the flight left CAI at 01h50. Everything except the main courses are wrapped or covered in plastic. The onboard service was superlative and no request wasn't met without a gracious smile. Enjoyed the A350 between CDG-CAI and vv, so much quieter than the 77W currently flying between Paris and JFK. And the entertainment monitor on the A350 is super hi-resolution quality. All aircraft interiors appeared super clean and overall the flight experience exceeded my expectations. Had my Covid and Antibody test on July 30th at T4 JFK and should be getting results tonight or tomorrow.
Goldorak and HalconBCN like this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
ZRH-CDG-IST

ZRH-CDG: HOP! E190 Business

- drinks and some small snacks
- wipes handed out at boarding
- very friendly and warm crew
- Bubbly available; the couple sitting ahead of me pretty much finished the entire bottle during the 50 minute flight; they had their masks down/off almost the entire flight and were talking and laughing loudly
- We parked at Terminal 2G and had to wait 25 minutes for a bus to take us to our arrival terminal 2F. The captain apologized and made sure to point out it was an ADP and not an AF issue!

CDG-IST: AF A320 Business

- disorganized boarding process (gate agent said would board Zone 1 Sky Priority first but then just invited everyone on when she started boarding). And
no attempt at social distancing whatsoever during boarding.
- 99% full flight; I think the one empty seat was the one next to me! Wipes available at boarding door.
- nice normal meal with an appetizer, small dessert and a choice of hot main dishes (beef or chicken); all served on china and using real silverware 👍; bubbly available in addition to other soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- usual melee of pax pushed up against one another (with many people having their masks below their noses and chins) when disembarking despite repeated announcements by crew to socially distance

ZRH-CDG: some snacks and drinks; bubbly available but I didn’t have any

CDG-IST: tray came with all containers covered in plastic or foil. Also bread served separately in plastic; bubbly available

CDG-IST: cold pasta salad appetizer; main of pulled chicken wrapped in pasta with spinach, mushrooms and snap peas; small cupcake dessert. All on china and with real silverware
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:54 am

sure does
this was supposed to attach to the SNCF comment.
Can someone fill me in on what's happening with any of the LAX lounges?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: FB Plat
And here goes the VIE-CDG yesterday. Only main course and cheese, served with Champagne. IIRC, there used to be one more element on the tray before (appetizer or dessert)... Tea selection was once again reduced with only two teas available: is it really too difficult to have a full tea box onboard?

I did not have enough time in VIE to try a lounge, but as all operations are gathered in T3 the usual lounge used by AF (JET lounge) is still closed. I suspect AF does not offer any alternative, at least there was not any obvious communication about it.

In CDG, we had to park at 2G (because there was no parking available at 2F!) and it looked like we parked in the middle of a desert where we were not expected. We had to wait during about 35 minutes before they eventually managed to find available stairs to make us disembark. Then bus to 2F1 while the exit is at 2F2... took almost an hour to leave the airport without any luggage to wait for. What a joke!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / ACCOR Platinum
Well this is what our friends over at KLM are doing at present, if you want to compare.

Amsterdam - Geneva last flight of the day. 03/08

Reasonable meal, menu, drinks. ( did not ask for spirits ).

Great service with a smile, nothing to complain about for once.

Jonny
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
A good friend (AF-plat) flew GVA-CDG yesterday and got this serving. Champagne available but only in paper cups. No other food served apart from this box with nuts.
He made a comment about all of this and the F/A replied “all airlines have reduced service now”.

AF needs to get their act together quickly in European flights, because LH/LX are miles ahead at the moment ...

GVA-CDG Business Class 03AUG20
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
A good friend (AF-plat) flew GVA-CDG yesterday and got this serving. Champagne available but only in paper cups. No other food served apart from this box with nuts.
He made a comment about all of this and the F/A replied “all airlines have reduced service now”.

AF needs to get their act together quickly in European flights, because LH/LX are miles ahead at the moment ...

GVA-CDG Business Class 03AUG20
You should report this . Service in business in back in theory but unions negotiated that crew can refuse to go back to full service if they judge security measures are not met ....
SkyTeam777 and skycruiserNL like this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
KLM Schengen lounge has any sandwich made on request and indeed no self service in food items. However all drinks and beverages are available, even for self-service. Including hard liquor and the cava.

Schengen Lounge (25) KLM 02JUL2020
Really happy to see this. I was almost sure that AF and KL would cut self-serve wine/beer/spirits in the lounges in the name of coronavirus. It really is a nice benefit to have and makes attaining elite status or purchasing premium cabins a bit more worth it. Is KL back to self service in all AMS lounges for the bar? What about self-serve bar for AF in Paris lounges?
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What about self-serve bar for AF in Paris lounges?
All info have been posted in the lounge thread of the AF sub-forum : buffet is still there but no longer self-service. A lounge attendant is serving you.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Really happy to see this. I was almost sure that AF and KL would cut self-serve wine/beer/spirits in the lounges in the name of coronavirus. It really is a nice benefit to have and makes attaining elite status or purchasing premium cabins a bit more worth it. Is KL back to self service in all AMS lounges for the bar? What about self-serve bar for AF in Paris lounges?
although it would be nice if lounge 25 were actually open after 12 noon!
Old Aug 10, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Here is what I got on CDG-VIE on 7th of August:

and on the VIE-CDG of the 8th of August:

Service on both flight was really good! friendly crew and very professionnal.

The only thing still missing is the dessert.

Cheers,

Alex
JOUY31 and Porcepic like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I recently flew LYS-CDG-JFK in J. Here are some pictures...

LYS-CDG service

Entree

Duck Lasagne

I didn't take a picture of the second meal, but I think it was a Salmon Quiche. In short, it was great.

And the food and drink at the CDG T2K lounge was good too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.