Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Redmax
So could anyone from the AF/KL fanatics tell me, if AF First is still being sold?
You know you could just go to airfrance.com and try to book a ticket in First class and see for yourself that they still sell it.
Old May 16, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
You know you could just go to airfrance.com and try to book a ticket in First class and see for yourself that they still sell it.
My question is more on the fact that if s.o. here in this thread has recently known, if you still get the full F service as you have paid for. And yes, I will book them as soon as the pandemic is over. AF needs paying high yield pax not only redemptioners!!
Old May 17, 2020, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Redmax
So could anyone from the AF/KL fanatics tell me, if AF First is still being sold? Are the lounge and premium services onboard closed or reduced to eco standards???
A dummy booking in june to JFK shows that P is sold. Very few P destinations are still served for may/june (JFK, HND, GRU, one or 2 destinations in Africa ?). P lounge in CDG is closed. JFK lounge is still open and has a P area.
For catering on-board, I don't know but I certainly don't think it's been reduced to Y standards.
Old May 17, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
A dummy booking in june to JFK shows that P is sold. Very few P destinations are still served for may/june (JFK, HND, GRU, one or 2 destinations in Africa ?). P lounge in CDG is closed. JFK lounge is still open and has a P area.
For catering on-board, I don't know but I certainly don't think it's been reduced to Y standards.
Thank you, for your help! P lounge in CDG closed, that is terrible!. I do hope at least on board you have the usual service. I believe I have to accept defeat that I could not booked AF in P this year with the normal service. I could kill this virus literally!
Old May 20, 2020, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Here is a short video with an example of the service on KLM.

Old May 20, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Here is a short video with an example of the service on KLM.

https://twitter.com/KLM/status/1263114648406163456
I wonder why the video doesn’t mention that there is no hot food on flights shorter than 9 hours (!) and that there is no catering whatsoever in the Crown lounge.
Carfield, Goldorak, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Two recent long-haul J experiences on KLM and Delta metal separately:

1) BKK-AMS in early May - 12 hour flight - operated by a 789
- purser made announcements prior to boarding at the gate and aboard that there is a modified service, don't do this, don't do that, etc, and that the cabin crew all volunteered to work this flight - basically, we should feel lucky that this flight is operating.
- No pre-departure beverage
- Big plastic bag of snacks and drinks at seat - small Coke can, three small water bottles, apple, banana, and a whole bunch of snacks - chips, crackers, cookies, candy; on the side in the storage compartment, there was also a small square ham and cheese sandwich together with the regular water bottle.
- Purser said the cabin crew 'had agreed to serve us a hot meal' after takeoff. Same meal in J and Y with no choices - and only one soft drink; no alcoholic beverages available. Meal consisted of a hot main dish of chicken and noodles, a piece of cake, and a pasta salad appetizer. All served with plastic containers and utensils.
- No other drink or food service for the rest of the flight.
- No collection of trash at the end of the flight

2) AMS-DTW late May in Delta One - 763ER - about 8 hours
- pre-departure beverage of water bottle only
- drink choice after takeoff (no nuts service) - served in plastic glass - both soft drinks and limited alcohol selection available (for wines, only one red and one white)
- hot meal with three main choices (beef, chicken, tortellini pasta), cake dessert, salad, hot soup, and warm breads - all served on one tray but with regular china and silverware
- crew came through mid-flight asking drink choices and offering snack basket items (chips, crackers, banana)
- pre-arrival second meal - no changes - same as before with two choices - all served on regular china and silverware; drinks in plastic glass
af fp, Goldorak and HalconBCN like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

- purser made announcements prior to boarding at the gate and aboard that there is a modified service, don't do this, don't do that, etc, and that the cabin crew all volunteered to work this flight - basically, we should feel lucky that this flight is operating.
- Big plastic bag of snacks and drinks at seat - small Coke can, three small water bottles, apple, banana, and a whole bunch of snacks - chips, crackers, cookies, candy; on the side in the storage compartment, there was also a small square ham and cheese sandwich together with the regular water bottle.
- Purser said the cabin crew 'had agreed to serve us a hot meal' after takeoff. Same meal in J and Y with no choices - and only one soft drink; no alcoholic beverages available. Meal consisted of a hot main dish of chicken and noodles, a piece of cake, and a pasta salad appetizer. All served with plastic containers and utensils.

- drink choice after takeoff (no nuts service) - served in plastic glass - both soft drinks and limited alcohol selection available (for wines, only one red and one white)
- hot meal with three main choices (beef, chicken, tortellini pasta), cake dessert, salad, hot soup, and warm breads - all served on one tray but with regular china and silverware
- crew came through mid-flight asking drink choices and offering snack basket items (chips, crackers, banana)
- pre-arrival second meal - no changes - same as before with two choices - all served on regular china and silverware; drinks in plastic glass
What a difference. Who in their right mind would choose KLM or AF when you can get "normal" service on other airlines?
af fp, asnovici and the810 like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'd really love to hear a report on AF's service in biz for a long-haul flight (9 or 10 hrs). Anyone?
Old May 23, 2020, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Hard to believe that AFKL have not adapted yet and serve near to nothing, while other airlines such as QR or CX have near-normal offerings.
BA is probably the worst of all.
af fp, SkyteamEP and Bullspread like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Hard to believe that AFKL have not adapted yet and serve near to nothing, while other airlines such as QR or CX have near-normal offerings.
BA is probably the worst of all.
even LH offers regular J food on 1h30 EU flights .
nice way of cost cutting for AFKL
af fp likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To be confirmed by real experience, but I believe AF still have a close-to-normal F&B service in long-haul J
af fp and GeminisTwin like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

Total shame on KL on this. For DL, I don’t understand the plastic glass thing. That doesn’t make any sense.
Question for the DL hot meal : the way you describe it (beef, chicken, tortellini pasta), it looks like a Y meal. Was that a Y style meal or a proper J one ?
Old May 24, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & More, AAdvantage, Accor Le Club Silver
Flew KL from LHR to SXM in economy on March 22nd and it was probably the most bizarre experience I have had ever flying.

From LHR to AMS we arrived at our seats which contained a box meal - a gouda and mustard sandwich, cookie, and water. There was no other service on that flight.

AMS was completely dead and most food outlets were closed. The only shops open were retail stores. So I just sat at the gate plane watching as it is was the furthest gate among the 'F' gates.

From AMS - SXM
We arrived to have the same meal box on our seat with a bottle of water. I was literally about to cry thinking there would be no other food service on an 8.5 hour flight, but there were actually two drink services and a hot meal service (which is awful - never have experienced such bad food on KL). They did have snacks and sandwiches in the back which was nice and the crew was handing out water and juices constantly. It is sad to think those who paid for business would end up with similar service and I would actually ask to be downgraded and refunded. There was also no alcohol on the flight which I don't understand why as KLM hands out individual wine bottles in Y anyway.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

a clear strategy to disguise cost-cutting measures and requests from unions into so-called safety measures.
af fp, asnovici, Braniff and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.