Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by stimpy
I haven't been ground-side at AMS since pre-COVID, but if the grocery store is still open that's the place to go. They have a deli section with decent hot and cold items.
Yes, that's Albert Heijn, which has a pretty good coffee machine at low cost too.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, that's Albert Heijn, which has a pretty good coffee machine at low cost too.
No, I was referring to the larger grocery store in the middle, between the KLM store and Burger King. They have more hot items such as chicken and Rijsttafel

But yes the AH is ok too.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

I have enjoyed very good service last week on JFK to CDG, and a normal menu in J, the food came covered which is good. I have to say the food quality felt average, similar to food on AA J a few weeks before, I had seen better meals before. Still it was OK. Let’s see if it gets better on the way back.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

I have enjoyed exceptional service last week on JFK to CDG, and a normal menu in J, the food came covered which is good. I have to say the food quality felt average, similar to food on AA J a few weeks before, I had seen better meals before. Still it was fine. Let’s see if it gets better on the way back.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by af fp
I have enjoyed exceptional service last week on JFK to CDG, and a normal menu in J, the food came covered which is good. I have to say the food quality felt average, similar to food on AA J a few weeks before, I had seen better meals before. Still it was fine. Let’s see if it gets better on the way back.
In my experience at least the catering out of the US is generally not as good as it is ex-CDG.. but that is a question of ingredient quality (in my opinion) with the food in the US.
Goldorak, SkyteamEP and 747jetter like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:34 am
Original Poster

On the way back, CDG-JFK, same excellent service (they are bored, the load was about 20% in J, food a little better (I loved the chicken), service slightly simplified (no amuse-bouche). Overall, no complaint and quite happy.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Since yesterday, no more service (again) on short flights (AMS, GVA, LHR, etc) for our safety of course.
maalloc likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Since yesterday, no more service (again) on short flights (AMS, GVA, LHR, etc) for our safety of course.
Just flew from MUC to CDG and it was the same...
Just water and not even sparkling water (probably more dangerous... ) ! Unbelievable 😌
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Even in business class? Not looking forward to my flights on Monday.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Concerto
Even in business class? Not looking forward to my flights on Monday.
Yes even in business class
Old Nov 6, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by matmatlr
Yes even in business class
indeed. The so called « Compo PEQ » have been modified for short distance flights.
Concretely AF has opted for a reduction of flight attendants as follow :

A318/319 : 3 flight attendants
A320 : 4 flight attendants
A321: 5 flight attendants

As a consequence unions and AF mgmt agreed on a sharp reduction of onboard service even in J. Even hot drinks are not served any more .
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: FB Gold
My experiences today were quite varied.

Francfort - Paris : water only . At least some juice would be nice......
Paris - Faro : surprisingly nice service ! I was sitting in front of Y and was nonetheless greeted by name, offered champagne in glassware; and both sucré + salé (and offered more but I declined) - and I'm not even platinum ! Also ordered café later. The single J passenger got the standard J meal on a plate and whatever drinks (he had wines).

Couple side notes :
  • Y load very light on my flight to Faro, i was seated in first row of Y; the next passenger was 6 rows behind over the wing, so some seat blocking for weight and balance going on.
  • The A319 had the dreaded NEO interior but with USB sockets and Wifi retrofitted. The attendant asked if I knew there was wifi, i said yes but couldn't get it to work. She went and got the instruction card (i forget you have to go to the connect.airfrance portal) and soon I was connected
  • CDG 2F is a ghost town, with practically everything except Relay, Paul and Starbucks closed. Bad place to spend too much time unless you have access to the salon.

Last edited by mlin32; Nov 7, 2020 at 1:51 pm
Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I didn’t even know that AF was serving FAO !
Old Nov 8, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I didn’t even know that AF was serving FAO !
Even our forum greatest mind may have some occasional failing
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / SkyTeam Elite Plus
Can confirm, flight attendant on AMS-CDG yesterday told me it began on November 5th. She also went to every single J customer and apologized, and encouraged everyone to write a complaint.

Meanwhile, this is what J service looked like on KLM LHR-AMS yesterday: cinnamon roll and a bottle of water with the usual drink choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.