Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Goldorak
. I hope you'll enjoy your experience. Do you have a long connection to enjoy the lounge ?
Roughly 9 hours in the lounge in both directions. I'm in P for all 4 segments, so plenty of food to try!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by alee0729
Roughly 9 hours in the lounge in both directions. I'm in P for all 4 segments, so plenty of food to try!
Excellent ^ . As you arrive from JFK (so in the morning) and connect to SIN (the flight is around 7 or 8 pm), what I recommend you :
- skip breakfast in flight from JFK, and maximize sleep time
- have breakfast in the lounge when you arrive there.
- have a massage and a shower after (call before to book your massage slot)
- have a lunch (more or less late depending on when you had the breakfast) in the lounge
- have dinner in-flight to SIN

does that sound a good plan ?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:49 pm

Excellent ^ . As you arrive from JFK (so in the morning) and connect to SIN (the flight is around 7 or 8 pm), what I recommend you :
- have a lunch (more or less late depending on when you had the breakfast) in the lounge

Pro-tips from a pro... you folks are my guide. This sounds like a plan!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Goldorak made similar plans for my P lounge visit. He is a pro. He should quit his day job and become a first class travel planner.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

This sounds like the best plan indeed.

But personally I would not look forward to spend 9 hours in the P lounge.
From the time you reach JFK (say two hours before AF9 departure) to the moment you leave SIN, you will spend over 30 hours in airports/planes.
A lounge is a lounge and 8 hours there will be extremely boring after an overnight flight. I would rather get some fresh air and maybe get a stroll in Paris.

Last edited by brunos; Dec 4, 2016 at 3:32 am
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Goldorak made similar plans for my P lounge visit. He is a pro. He should quit his day job and become a first class travel planner.
he he he thank you guys
@alee0729 : I forgot to say in your day planning that, of course, you can have a nap, well deserved after all this stress . There is a rest area with loungers and you can ask blanket/pillows to the staff.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
But personally I would not look forward to spend 9 hours in the P lounge.
From the time you reach JFK (say two hours before AF9 departure) to the moment you leave SIN, you will spend over 30 hours in airports/planes.
A lounge is a lounge and 8 hours there will be extremely boring after an overnight flight. I would rather get some fresh air and maybe get a stroll in Paris.
Actually that does bring up a question... if I wanted to head into Paris for a few hrs, will the lounge hold my bags?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Actually that does bring up a question... if I wanted to head into Paris for a few hrs, will the lounge hold my bags?
I don't know but I would say no for security and liability reasons. But you can ask.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
An outsider point of view!

Some weeks ago I bought my first AF F flights.
Still waiting to fly them, there is allready few things "qui ne vont pas":

- Received same confirmation email as, say, if I fly an MiNi ATR flight from Brive to CDG. What about a small red stripe? I don't even think of personalization!

- invited to do checkin on-line or with the machines!!!

- no mention of La Première phone number and no mention of the lounge's services (perhaps am I too impatient?).

- Of course no possibility to choose seat on the Province CDG "J" flight!

- rebooked du to feeder flight schedule change automaticaly, change is rather important nearly two hours: what about make a proposition: you can book earlier or later (I have a long layover in CDG).

- and when exposing this to the "service client" a very ininteressant answer (not realy surprising!).

So for the moment not a very good first impression (unfortunately I will say that I am quite used to with AF).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I received this last week...

Dear Mr rosensfole,
Thank you for choosing Air France La Première for your trip. We are very pleased to welcome you soon on our aircraft.
In this e-mail, you will find information to help you plan your trip.

For any questions, please call the dedicated La Première line at +33 (0)1 56 93 10 05.
Pretty standard Email and not much content of note.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
No, I don't think so. My wife and I had a seven hour layover last Dec., and we had to take our bags with us. Not a problem, actually, since we were renting a car. And since it was a Sunday, parking and traffic were not a problem.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:58 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by rosensfole

Like the above posters, this thread is definitely making me super-excited for my first AF P experience this February: MUC - CDG - DXB (with an overnight at the CDG Marriott on the way).

I also didn't receive any personalized emails like what you describe...only the standard AF email after booking online.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rosensfole

How long after booking / how far in advance of your flight?

I booked 4 months ago (and am not flying for another few months), and nada. Except a notification of a time change on a DL segment.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
AF La Premiere Day Room available for connections >6 hours

Recently, I was flying JFK-CDG-JNB (all La Premiere) with a 12 hour connection in CDG.

In case you need a real hotel (with privacy) so that you can lie down or use a hotel's fitness center (to work off all that food you had on your previous flight), when you arrive in CDG from your inbound flight, ask the La Premiere personal assistant for a day room (usually available from 8AM onwards) if your connection time is more than 6 hours.

If you choose to get a day room, they'll put you up at the Sheraton CDG. The AF La Premiere personal assistant will drive you to arrivals and take you through immigration/customs and upstairs to the La Premiere check-in area. You will then wait there while they prepare a voucher and arrange for transportation from 2E to the hotel. The personal assistant will then accompany you to the hotel and assist you with check-in formalities. Also, you can arrange for a time (before meal time) you want to return to the airport and a AF La Premiere personal assistant will wait for you in the hotel lobby for the drive back to 2E and take you through security and to the lounge.

Caution: Do not use the breakfast/lunch/dinner vouchers given to you by the Sheraton CDG (even if it is complimentary). You'll be wasting your time on poor quality food. Wait until you get back to the La Premiere lounge to eat from the Alain Ducasse menu insteasd.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by autobahnal
I also didn't receive any personalized emails like what you describe...only the standard AF email after booking online.
I booked through an agent, and have received no communications from AF. Granted it's on 006 stock, but still...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.