Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by alee0729
I had full use of the JetQuay facilities this past Dec... so if it ended, it ended very recently. JetQuay isn't very impressive beyond the private immigrations line. It's too bad... that's a long enough flight where the full La Premičre experience adds significant premium value.
I arrived twice in P in SIN those last years : may 2013 and nov 2015. Full arrival JetQuay lounge service in 2013, and not in nov 2015. We are talking here about arrival service, not departure (just in case...).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
So does SIN departure have the private immigration and lounge now? Asking for mid-May.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
So does SIN departure have the private immigration and lounge now? Asking for mid-May.
Apparently. My letter says so... though that's for now so who knows as conditions can change.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I arrived twice in P in SIN those last years : may 2013 and nov 2015. Full arrival JetQuay lounge service in 2013, and not in nov 2015. We are talking here about arrival service, not departure (just in case...).
Yep... full arrival service for me, Dec 15, 2016
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, no problem.

Yep... full arrival service for me, Dec 15, 2016
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOCGhWpAwtk
Very strange that they stop and do it again.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:42 am

As promised, a report about my JetQuay experience with a biz ticket.

Stupidly, or luckily as it turned out, I arrived by MRT thinking access was available through the terminal. I used the early bag service and explained my predicament and showed the letter to the lady. She was suspicious but called the duty manager over. She rang JetQuay and they said they would send an agent over.

The agent became my PA and explained that there were no F customers tonight so no food had been prepared but I was welcome anyway. Alternatively I could use the 1st class service of the Qantas lounge. I jumped at that!

I'm getting personal service in my private space ... and it's wonderful.

Now all they need to do is upgrade me
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rosensfole
As promised, a report about my JetQuay experience with a biz ticket.

Stupidly, or luckily as it turned out, I arrived by MRT thinking access was available through the terminal. I used the early bag service and explained my predicament and showed the letter to the lady. She was suspicious but called the duty manager over. She rang JetQuay and they said they would send an agent over.

The agent became my PA and explained that there were no F customers tonight so no food had been prepared but I was welcome anyway. Alternatively I could use the 1st class service of the Qantas lounge. I jumped at that!

I'm getting personal service in my private space ... and it's wonderful.

Now all they need to do is upgrade me
Excellent
I cross my fingers for you !
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:55 am

Excellent
I cross my fingers for you !
Thanks!

Biz isn't full so I can't see it happening. I'm still getting a buggy ride so that will do for now

The Qantas lounge is not bad at all I have to say. Even had a guy mix cocktails from a trolley and very good mine was too.

​​​​​​
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thanks!

Biz isn't full so I can't see it happening. I'm still getting a buggy ride so that will do for now

The Qantas lounge is not bad at all I have to say. Even had a guy mix cocktails from a trolley and very good mine was too.

​​​​​​
indeed, no chance IMO. But the buggy ride is nice knowing how far your gate can be sometimes. Have a good flight
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
You can actually get to the JetQuay CIP terminal from Terminal 1, but it's a long hike.

There definitely isn't much to the JetQuay experience beyond private immigrations and ultra VIP baggage service, so you didn't miss much. It's unfortunate -- they really could do SO MUCH more with it.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Alternatively I could use the 1st class service of the Qantas lounge. I jumped at that!
Hmm... you lost me here: the QF lounge at SIN is lovely but the airline has no F lounge there, only a single (very good) J lounge. Did you mean first class as in 'top notch' or am I missing something?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hmm... you lost me here: the QF lounge at SIN is lovely but the airline has no F lounge there, only a single (very good) J lounge. Did you mean first class as in 'top notch' or am I missing something?
Apologies ; you're correct. There are a number of seats reserved for first class passengers into which I was deposited and provided with excellent attention. I should have been clearer.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:34 am

You can actually get to the JetQuay CIP terminal from Terminal 1, but it's a long hike.

There definitely isn't much to the JetQuay experience beyond private immigrations and ultra VIP baggage service, so you didn't miss much. It's unfortunate -- they really could do SO MUCH more with it.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Qantas lounge option is preferable as things stand.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Apologies ; you're correct. There are a number of seats reserved for first class passengers into which I was deposited and provided with excellent attention. I should have been clearer.
Thanks!! Again, it's a lovely lounge anyway so I'm sure it made for a perfectly comfortable wait and some of the food is quite good too, if not entirely as good as in the QF F lounges (which I love!)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:21 pm

Glad you enjoyed the experience, I just wish I could always travel this way.
You and me both! ^

Originally Posted by ijgordon

And back to that center seat -- a real good thing nobody was next to me. For one, you don't get the same level of privacy you would in the window because the privacy divider only rises less than halfway to the ceiling. I'd still probably feel a little uncomfortable with both curtains closed if someone was in the other seat even with the divider up.
Yes! That center privacy divider really needs to go higher up, or maybe install a short center curtain in the ceiling that would meet the top of the divider. When I glanced over at the two people (who were not traveling together) sitting in the center seats, I noticed that even with the divider up they could still turn their heads and see each other while sitting up. Having the curtains closed in that situation would just feel a little too close for comfort.

Fun rumor - she mentioned that she heard the fleet was being upgraded again in a few months with Teslas!
Wow, AF is really on top of it with these cars.

But the buggy ride is nice knowing how far your gate can be sometimes.
No kidding. During the ride to the gate I was asking myself if we were just driving straight to Paris. I was also rather bemused to see the "honk responsibly" sign on the buggy steering wheel as I boarded and then have my helper proceed to honk as if we were fighting through Monday morning rush hour in New York City.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.