Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I did have a delicious pork trio and glass of LPGS in the Concorde Room on Sunday. I also like the open air terrace there better than some of the CDG lounge seating areas. So not hopeless.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've only had Cristal once, and frankly I think I like the LPGS more (first had it on Swiss F a few years ago and have since bought it at home a few times). And more than Krug.
It does seem like AF rotates what they serve on board though.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It does seem like AF rotates what they serve on board though.
Yes, but Taittinger Comtes de Champagne seems to be pretty steady in the CDG lounge. To me this is a small step better than LPGS. But I'd never turn down a glass of LPGS.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
I wish I had these problems when travelling on BA
indeed.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by delanotre
I ate the famous "Cookpot of seasonal vegetables, crushed tops"
What happened ??? Were you on diet ?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Dear friends of the AF forum, are you starving ??

I am sure the answer is yes, so here’s some more P class treatments (recent pictures from last month) !

The well-deserved Skytrax awards for the lounge and the new BEST P

From the CDG P lounge :
Choice of Champagne

The gratinated sea scallops (you can take them as an appetizer (2 pieces) or a main course (3 pieces)

A picture with a closer look, half-eaten

The lobster Ceasar salad

Oven baked turbot, root vegetables, vin jaune cooking jus

And the absolutely fabulous beef filet, back pepper crust and sauce, with mashed potatoes. It is certainly not the most original dish of the menu, but I believe it is the best one if you like meat. It is absolutely amazing.

On-board AF990/AF995 CDG-JNB-CDG
The caviar, whipped cream with vodka and mascarpone, with Champagne

Chicken cream aspic, with dried fruit, quinoa and chutney

Marinated salmon with beets, cucumber carpaccio, caponatta salad

A light salad, with my own choice of ingredients from the list in the menu

Butternut squash velouté soup, with fried butternut squash shavings and toasted cashew nuts

Fillet of beef Wellington, fondante potatoes, steamed baby carrots, fried leek julienne, tomato-tarragon sauce

The Lenôtre cake called « Autumn leaf » : a combination of meringue, and almond cake mixed with creamy dark chocolate mousse.

A mixed fruit tart

No need to say that everything was delicious. Enjoy !

Last edited by Goldorak; Dec 2, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
One minor detail I do personally like very much - the Orezza water from my favorite Corsica island - they have been serving it for many years, both inflight as well as in the La Premiere lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FrenchMerican
Having invested so much in so many places, I'm surprised they can't manage a proper caviar service. For an airline which doesn't hesitate to serve Cristal onboard, this seems like a no-brainer, and would round out the indulgence factor.
I'm a bit lost by what you mean here? My AF P have all had a proper caviar service. Not as pretty as some (e.g. CX tin is prettier than the AF 'quenelle' but the AF caviar is actually of significantly better quality than those on CX, QR, and LH for instance.

Originally Posted by Calchas
I wish I had these problems when travelling on BA
Don't we all?!

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I did have a delicious pork trio and glass of LPGS in the Concorde Room on Sunday. I also like the open air terrace there better than some of the CDG lounge seating areas. So not hopeless.
Let me know if/when you want to swap! I'm no fan at all of the pork trio and in fact very happy it has now left the menu!!

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I've only had Cristal once, and frankly I think I like the LPGS more (first had it on Swiss F a few years ago and have since bought it at home a few times). And more than Krug.
I guess all tastes are individual, but put simply, LGPS and Cristal are basically not in the same 'league' of Champagne. LGPS is very good but explicitly a level below the 'great' ones. Again, that does not obviate individual tastes: for instance Dom Perignon is also among the "great" like Cristal and really doesn't do it for me.

PS: QR currently serve Comtes de Champagnes... in J!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Wow Goldorak. Just wow.

How is the Ducasse champagne?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Dear friends of the AF forum, are you starving ??

I am sure the answer is yes, so here’s some more P class treatments (recent pictures from last month) !
I know you mention the beef fillet, but that lounge blanc de turbot looks absolutely delicious to me! Was it?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Good Lord... 11 more days until I'm JFK-CDG-SIN ... this thread is torture.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Wow Goldorak. Just wow.

How is the Ducasse champagne?
I didn't try it this time (I had the 2 others you see on the picture), but I tried it another time and it is good.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I know you mention the beef fillet, but that lounge blanc de turbot looks absolutely delicious to me! Was it?
Yes, it was delicious. The scallops were also fabulous. Life is hard...

Originally Posted by alee0729
Good Lord... 11 more days until I'm JFK-CDG-SIN ... this thread is torture.
. I hope you'll enjoy your experience. Do you have a long connection to enjoy the lounge ?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm a bit lost by what you mean here? My AF P have all had a proper caviar service. Not as pretty as some (e.g. CX tin is prettier than the AF 'quenelle' but the AF caviar is actually of significantly better quality than those on CX, QR, and LH for instance.
On CDG-JFK-CDG they only offer a caviar amuse bouche. A quenelle about 10g with blinis and creme fraiche. It does seem to be a good quality, but leaves one mildly disappointed there isn't more.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by FrenchMerican
On CDG-JFK-CDG they only offer a caviar amuse bouche. A quenelle about 10g with blinis and creme fraiche. It does seem to be a good quality, but leaves one mildly disappointed there isn't more.
Yes, that's the standard presentation at the moment (but is in fact supposed to be a 20g quenelle, which is in fact similar to many airlines that offer a 20g tin). It used to be a "Petrossian egg" which looked much prettier/classier IMHO indeed but I think that the caviar is still the same. So like you I would prefer individual eggs/tins but to me it still qualifies as 'a proper caviar service' nonetheless.

My main issue (albeit a very very minor point I'll admit!) is that they always put a lemon wedge with it and I feel pretty sorry when lemon touches caviar, it just shouldn't. But then at least they don't put chopped onion with it which is something I have really never understood!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
What happened ??? Were you on diet ?
No but from time to time I like it!
But after , as you show, I ate the famous beef filet

and after, the cheeses, even if I don't understand why they do not serve "Roquefort" in place of "Bleu d'Auvergne".
I am objective as an "aveyronnais"
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.