FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constructive Criticism of La Premiere
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:33 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FrenchMerican
Having invested so much in so many places, I'm surprised they can't manage a proper caviar service. For an airline which doesn't hesitate to serve Cristal onboard, this seems like a no-brainer, and would round out the indulgence factor.
I'm a bit lost by what you mean here? My AF P have all had a proper caviar service. Not as pretty as some (e.g. CX tin is prettier than the AF 'quenelle' but the AF caviar is actually of significantly better quality than those on CX, QR, and LH for instance.

Originally Posted by Calchas
I wish I had these problems when travelling on BA
Don't we all?!

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I did have a delicious pork trio and glass of LPGS in the Concorde Room on Sunday. I also like the open air terrace there better than some of the CDG lounge seating areas. So not hopeless.
Let me know if/when you want to swap! I'm no fan at all of the pork trio and in fact very happy it has now left the menu!!

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I've only had Cristal once, and frankly I think I like the LPGS more (first had it on Swiss F a few years ago and have since bought it at home a few times). And more than Krug.
I guess all tastes are individual, but put simply, LGPS and Cristal are basically not in the same 'league' of Champagne. LGPS is very good but explicitly a level below the 'great' ones. Again, that does not obviate individual tastes: for instance Dom Perignon is also among the "great" like Cristal and really doesn't do it for me.

PS: QR currently serve Comtes de Champagnes... in J!