FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Goldorak Jan 9, 2020 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by offvoice (Post 31927798)
Not sure if this sticky is for AF-operated destinations only, but I flew KQ and saw there was nothing for ADD lounge, so here you go, in case anyone needs it :

This thread was aimed primarily at AF-operated destinations, but this is always useful and interesting, so thank you for taking the time to post this. Much appreciated ^ :)

offvoice Jan 10, 2020 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31929724)
This thread was aimed primarily at AF-operated destinations, but this is always useful and interesting, so thank you for taking the time to post this. Much appreciated ^ :)

Thanks - is there a place on the forum where it should be? The Skyteam forum doesn't have a similar wiki, still, I think it could make sense to have Skyteam lounges details somewhere - as travelers may need the information (and that the actual information is often different than the one listed on the Skyteam website in non-AF/KL airports (ADD for instance :) )

Zarmakuizz Jan 10, 2020 5:15 am

Here is fine, some wiki entries are for destinations that only KLM serves. KQ is also using Flying Blue, and some AF/KL flights may have KQ connections, so your review is still relevant. :)

glennhaak Jan 10, 2020 5:50 am

VNO Business Lounge

Name of the lounge : Business Lounge

• After security take either the elevator or take a left and take the stairs to the second floor.
Opening Hours : 0400 - 2200
Entry requirements : Flying J on BT (can be AF/KL codeshare)
Food offer : YES, hot and cold offer.
Drinks offer : YES, soft drinks & alcoholic beverages (including beer), tea, coffee.

Services
Wifi: YES
Showers: Unknown
Toilets: YES
Quiet zone: No
Loungers/sleep area: No
Business area: No
Spa: No
TV area: Unknown
Passengers are called: YES
Information screen: YES
Newspapers: YES - Selected local and international newspaper (no FR/NL available)

Other information
Number of seats: about 70
Level of noise: low
Design: Fresh
View: No
Multi floors: NO
Terrace: NO
Smoking area: Unknown
Direct boarding : NO

Paid access: Priority PassAdded to wiki too.

Goldorak Jan 10, 2020 11:30 am

Originally Posted by offvoice (Post 31932127)
Thanks - is there a place on the forum where it should be? The Skyteam forum doesn't have a similar wiki, still, I think it could make sense to have Skyteam lounges details somewhere - as travelers may need the information (and that the actual information is often different than the one listed on the Skyteam website in non-AF/KL airports (ADD for instance :) )

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz (Post 31932219)
Here is fine, some wiki entries are for destinations that only KLM serves. KQ is also using Flying Blue, and some AF/KL flights may have KQ connections, so your review is still relevant. :)

Agreed. Here is fine :)

jnyeung Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am DM gold, connecting from BOS, to ZRH. I have a couple of questions:
1. Does the lounge in 2F have showers, and rest areas? if not, having a 4.5 hr layover, what is the best option for a shower in the airport, without having to go through immigration and hire a room at the Ibis at Roissypole?
2. as a sky team elite+, I understand I can bring in a guest. However, I have 2 children (teenagers, one who is a DM silver], what are the chances of the lounge dragon giving courtesy access to my 2nd child? Would I be able to pay for access?

thanks
jNY

Goldorak Jan 13, 2020 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by jnyeung (Post 31946508)
Hi,

I am DM gold, connecting from BOS, to ZRH. I have a couple of questions:
1. Does the lounge in 2F have showers, and rest areas? if not, having a 4.5 hr layover, what is the best option for a shower in the airport, without having to go through immigration and hire a room at the Ibis at Roissypole?
2. as a sky team elite+, I understand I can bring in a guest. However, I have 2 children (teenagers, one who is a DM silver], what are the chances of the lounge dragon giving courtesy access to my 2nd child? Would I be able to pay for access?

thanks
jNY

you will have to go through immigration (once). Your choice about lounge or shower will not change this. 2F lounges have showers but no rest areas. Your choices are :
- to go to 2F lounge (my reco)
- to go landside to the arrival lounge in 2C which has a lot of showers
- to go landside to one of the hotels proposing this service like Ibis. Frankly, 4.5 hrs is a bit tight
- to manage to go to one of the 2E lounges, especially L or M, which have showers and rest areas. Normally, this is not part of the regular pax flow but several people have reported here to be successful doing this.

With only 4.5 hrs, I would just go to 2F IMHO.
For your other question, you should be able to pay for the 3rd person.

JOUY31 Jan 14, 2020 9:07 am

A description of the lounge at Orly 3 for long-haul passengers. (in French)

https://www.forbes.fr/lifestyle/air-...?cn-reloaded=1

jnyeung Jan 15, 2020 9:39 pm

Thanks very much Goldorak. By the way, I like your nickname, fond childhood memories.

anyone knows how much is the fee for guest? Can you pay with FB miles?
anyone had any luck getting a 3rd guest in without paying?

Goldorak Jan 16, 2020 12:13 am

Originally Posted by jnyeung (Post 31956225)
Thanks very much Goldorak. By the way, I like your nickname, fond childhood memories.

;)

anyone knows how much is the fee for guest? Can you pay with FB miles?

you will find the info at the end of the wiki at the top of the thread

anyone had any luck getting a 3rd guest in without paying?

No way.

offvoice Jan 16, 2020 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31956519)
No way.

I guess it depends on the lounge and time of the day - happened to me at 2E in Dec. (group of 10, 4 Plat, 6 Explorer) - and a friend of mine, Silver, was able to get to the 2G for free late last year all by himself, by asking nicely (he is quite the sales rep though).

Oakshadow Jan 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Never transited through CDG before so sorry in advanced for the rather basic question.

Am a DL Gold/STE+ on a AF-marketed TRN-CDG-LAX itinerary in PE. The booking page shows me as “FlyingBlue Gold.” TRN-CDG is on Hop! and CDG-LAX is on DL metal. I know the TRN-CDG Flight will arrive 2G and DL flights depart 2E-K. The layover is 3 hours 10 minutes.

I would like to visit the refurbished 2E-L lounge. Will I be allowed to do this?

Goldorak Jan 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow (Post 31969790)
Never transited through CDG before so sorry in advanced for the rather basic question.

Am a DL Gold/STE+ on a AF-marketed TRN-CDG-LAX itinerary in PE. The booking page shows me as “FlyingBlue Gold.” TRN-CDG is on Hop! and CDG-LAX is on DL metal. I know the TRN-CDG Flight will arrive 2G and DL flights depart 2E-K. The layover is 3 hours 10 minutes.

I would like to visit the refurbished 2E-L lounge. Will I be allowed to do this?

Normally no, but several posters have reported here being able to do it. However, with 3 hrs of connection time and DL boarding ops starting ridiculously early, I would certainly not bother hopping on a different lounge than the one you are normally entitled to. And bad luck for you ;), DL is using K and M concourses but never the L one.

Goldorak Jan 20, 2020 12:22 am

AF has opened its new non-Schengen lounge in ORY on 16 JAN 2020.
https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/p...e-paris-orly-3.

It is open from 7 am to 9 pm (5:30 pm on tuesday) and has 120 seats.

Oakshadow Jan 21, 2020 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31970377)
Normally no, but several posters have reported here being able to do it. However, with 3 hrs of connection time and DL boarding ops starting ridiculously early, I would certainly not bother hopping on a different lounge than the one you are normally entitled to. And bad luck for you ;), DL is using K and M concourses but never the L one.

Yeah, I knew DL doesn't use L. Flightaware shows DL119 consistently departing from K. I'll gauge my stamina in trying on the day of travel. Thanks.