FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

maalloc Jul 11, 20 2:09 am

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL (Post 32523312)
Also I was warned that my mask was not according the rules and would be denied boarding. The lady mentioned that the ‘disposable mask’ was a rule because then they know that people use new ‘fresh’ masks. They don’t know if fashionable masks are clean.

If I recall correctly, gate agents used to hand out paper-masks to customers with home-made asks before boarding.
Did you get such an offer? Or could you buy a disposable mask airside?

skycruiserNL Jul 11, 20 2:10 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32523317)
If I recall correctly, gate agents used to hand out paper-masks to customers with home-made asks before boarding.
Did you get such an offer? Or could you buy a disposable mask airside?

I am still in the lounge. We’ll see what happens ☺️

Goldorak Jul 11, 20 2:57 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32523317)

Yes, they do. And they have some on-board too.

Bullspread Jul 12, 20 1:03 am

CDG lounges were super crowded over the week-end as capacity is limited .
I was glad to envoy ULTI private area 😉

Bullspread Jul 12, 20 1:04 am

CDG lounges were super crowded over the week-end as capacity is limited .
I was glad to envoy ULTI private area 😉

skycruiserNL Jul 12, 20 6:20 am

just to confirm Lounge 2L still closed as expected.
However no indication in the terminal about this, so less informed people take the elevator or stairs down to find this 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...88406c02b.jpeg
Lounge 2K entrance - closed

Boarding was chaotic. By groups. No SkyPriority enforced. The way of boarding made social distancing impossible. These Securitas people love what they do; annoying passengers. I didn’t follow instructions and watched the show from the side. Check on type of mask was not done, several passengers got onboard with not a surgical mask (which is the rule on AF). Myself not included, I was a good guy and changed my mask before boarding.

Goldorak Jul 12, 20 11:59 am

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL (Post 32525718)
just to confirm Lounge 2L still closed as expected.

This is K, not L ;)

offvoice Jul 16, 20 7:19 am

Reporting this here: TXL AF lounge is closed since all operations moved to Terminal C.

Weirdly enough, the lounge is landside, so it could have stayed opened/reopened.

Goldorak Jul 16, 20 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by offvoice (Post 32535609)
Reporting this here: TXL AF lounge is closed since all operations moved to Terminal C.

Weirdly enough, the lounge is landside, so it could have stayed opened/reopened.

:( ras le bol de toutes ces conneries :mad: but thanks for reporting this.

Goldorak Jul 17, 20 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Porcepic (Post 32513499)
The AF senior VP of Ground Operations at CDG just posted a picture of the future lounge in terminal 2F. He announces it is due to open in spring 2021.

https://twitter.com/guyzacklad/statu...32042647314432

Information from AF this morning : they mentioned rather beginning of summer 21...

Other lounge information gathered :
- CDG 2E-K : reopening on 05/08
- CDG P lounge : no date known. Too few pax to justify reopening. But on the other hand, they have to understand that most pax will not book P if the lounge is not open as it is a great part of the experience.
- ORD : open (already known)
- JFK : open (already known)
- FDF / PTP / RUN / CAY / PPT : open (disclaimer : this is my interpretation of "DOM-TOM lounges are open")
- GVA : mid sept

They also said that several lounges should reopen in september.

Also, MPL lounge is still closed (information coming from family ;))

maalloc Jul 18, 20 6:08 am

Does anyone have any information about countryside lounges in France?
I am thinking about TLS, BOD, LYS... are you aware of any plans to open them?

bostontraveler Jul 18, 20 6:33 am

Currently is any lounge open in 2E? What about shops and cafes in the different wings?

Goldorak Jul 18, 20 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32540413)
Does anyone have any information about countryside lounges in France?
I am thinking about TLS, BOD, LYS... are you aware of any plans to open them?

BOD : closed. All ops are concentrated in one hall which is not the one used normally by AF. I am not optimistic for the future of this lounge with the drastic reduction of the AF traffic to BOD in a close future to comply with the order of the new environmental dictators (axing the shuttle ORY-BOD)
LYS : someone posted recently that it was closed. Do not expect reopening before septmeber
TLS : no info, but likely closed. You should look at TLS website to see of there is any info.

Originally Posted by bostontraveler (Post 32540444)
Currently is any lounge open in 2E? What about shops and cafes in the different wings?

Only K concourse is open. AF lounge closed (info in previous posts). No other lounge in this terminal.
Shops and Cafés : I have not been in K since march, but expect the Relay and and a few sandwiches/cafés open. All luxury shops (Hermès, Chanel, etc) likely closed.

gkl Jul 19, 20 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32541104)
Only K concourse is open. AF lounge closed (info in previous posts). No other lounge in this terminal.
Shops and Cafés : I have not been in K since march, but expect the Relay and and a few sandwiches/cafés open. All luxury shops (Hermès, Chanel, etc) likely closed.

For those interested in luxury shops: Some are open, some are closed, however I don't remember which ones are open, sorry. (as of 12th July). Cafes and sandwich shops are mostly open.
But of course most disappointing is the closed lounge in 2E-K. Those who overlook the small A4 paper print on the main level, find the doors closed downstairs.

bostontraveler Jul 19, 20 10:05 am

Originally Posted by gkl (Post 32542538)
For those interested in luxury shops: Some are open, some are closed, however I don't remember which ones are open, sorry. (as of 12th July). Cafes and sandwich shops are mostly open.
But of course most disappointing is the closed lounge in 2E-K. Those who overlook the small A4 paper print on the main level, find the doors closed downstairs.

what about the main duty free?