FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Goldorak May 8, 2019 11:57 pm

Any news about reopening of IAD lounge ?

Goldorak May 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Future single lounge in CDG 2F

Good news : the construction of the future CDG 2F lounge has started :). The work area is well visible from the 2 boarding piers. As a reminder, this new lounge will replace the 2 existing ones and will be located between the 2 piers. The entrance will be in the walkway between 2F1 and 2F2 just across the main security checkpoint. It will propose a higher capacity than the sum of the 2 current lounges and it will be on 2 floors.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fde5c12e1.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4e9116bcf.jpeg

Giantlonglegs May 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Thanks for the helpful information.

I'll probably be using this lounge in July for a KLM flight out.

Do you know if there is much of a wait for a shower?

Goldorak May 12, 2019 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Giantlonglegs (Post 31091406)
Thanks for the helpful information.

I'll probably be using this lounge in July for a KLM flight out.

Do you know if there is much of a wait for a shower?

if by “this lounge” you refer to the one in construction and subject of my last post, you can see from the pictures that it will certainly not be open in July. I would say it will open in at least a year from now.
But you can use one of the 2 existing lounges. For your question about the wait for a shower, I am afraid it’s hard to answer this question as it depends on so many factors we don’t know (what time of the day you expect to be there, week day or weekend, etc) or we don’t control (booking level of flights on this particular day). What I can tell you is that shower capacity is limited in those lounges.

Giantlonglegs May 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Phone Glitch

Sorry, i had a phone glitch.

i was referring to the Al Dhabi Lounge in Abu Dhabi Airport, for the shower question.

My flight out is with KLM at 2am in the morning. I'll probably check in as soon as I can in the early part of the evening.

Sorry for the confusion.

Zarmakuizz May 13, 2019 9:00 am

BRS Lounge

Name of the lounge: Aspire Lounge
Not to be mistaken with the Aspire Plus lounge (even though the KLM website advertises that we are are entitled to the Aspire Plus lounge)
The Aspire Lounge is between the Burger King and the Brunei bar, upstairs. Clear security, clear the duty free, go upstairs, and find a way between the BK and the Brunei bar.

Opening Hours: 04:30 to 19:00

Entry requirements: Usual Skyteam requirement or one of the many lounge passes available.

Food offer: Salads, cheeses, other starters, 2 choices of hot meals (I noticed Chicken&Mushroom with pasta, and Sweet potato&rice dish), soup, fruits, cookies, jams and honeys, cake.

Drinks offer
Sodas, coffee machines, tea, milk, juices. Alcohol is served at the counter free of charge, following a new policy in Bristol against drunk pax. Champagne and processo are not free.

Services
Wifi: Yes, Aspire wifi with a code
Showers: No
Toilets: Yes
Quiet zone: Yes according to display, no according to the experience I had
Loungers/sleep area: No
Business area: No
Reserved Area: yes, a table for 6 people
Spa: No
TV area: Yes, near toilets
Passengers are called: No
Information screen: Yes
Newspapers: No

Other information
Number of seats: ~100
Level of noise: low
Design: common Aspire theme, in purple
View: on the airport entrance
Multi floors: No
Terrace: No
Smoking area: No
Direct boarding: No

Ikaz May 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz (Post 31096379)
Name of the lounge: Aspire Lounge
Not to be mistaken with the Aspire Plus lounge (even though the KLM website advertises that we are are entitled to the Aspire Plus lounge)

Did you try to enter the Aspire Plus lounge? I haven't been through BRS on AF/KL since January 2016 (when they had only just opened the new lounges) but at the time, we had access to the Aspire Plus lounge with KL, it is better than the regular Aspire lounge.

Zarmakuizz May 15, 2019 2:53 am

I actually accessed the Aspire Plus Lounge first. The lounge dragon asked for my pass, then for my FB card, finally told me to go to the regular Aspire lounge.
The Aspire Plus lounge might be for Business travelers, while I was in Y, as it seems way smaller.

thrwwrtlvsn May 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Quick question:

I am stuck overnight at CDG because of a missed connection. I have chosen to fly in the afternoon instead of the first morning flight.

Flight is in 2F but since I have 10h to kill, would it be possible to check the lounge in 2E?

Best one is 2E-L right?

Thanks!

Goldorak May 19, 2019 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by thrwwrtlvsn (Post 31117967)
Flight is in 2F but since I have 10h to kill, would it be possible to check the lounge in 2E?

No, this is non-Schengen.

thrwwrtlvsn May 20, 2019 1:12 am

That’s what I thought, thanks Goldorak!

PeanutYYZ May 20, 2019 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31118582)

No, this is non-Schengen.

Does that mean that you'd be turned away trying to get into 2E without a boarding pass departing to a non-Schengen country? Or just that you'd have to go through passport control formalities to leave the Schengen area?

On a related note, since 2G is also Schengen, would it be possible to go from 2F to 2G (on the orange shuttle) to use the lounge there? Or do they again check boarding passes and prevent access unless you are leaving from those gates?

dcaiadflyer May 20, 2019 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31082170)
Any news about reopening of IAD lounge ?

I'm curious about this too! Flying out next Sunday, May 26, and will report back. It was supposed to be finished "Spring 2019" and then "late April 2019" but here in DC we are decidedly into summer weather (the slow construction and constant pushing back of deadlines are no stranger to us). Memorial Day weekend is kind of the beginning of the high season of USA to Europe travel and I'd be surprised if they hadn't pushed it to be finished by then.

Porcepic May 20, 2019 10:23 am

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ (Post 31119434)
Does that mean that you'd be turned away trying to get into 2E without a boarding pass departing to a non-Schengen country? Or just that you'd have to go through passport control formalities to leave the Schengen area?

I have not experienced this myself, but based on reports I have read this and there I have the feeling that there is no clear rule. It seems to be based on agents' mood and what could work one day at one specific location could not work another day.

The hardest spot to pass through would be IMO the security checkpoint, as there will be an automatic check of your boarding pass that would trigger a red message and that the security agent would have to overpass... Passport check would be easier especially if you can access through PARAFE. For lounge, I would say it depends on the dragon...

PeanutYYZ May 20, 2019 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Porcepic (Post 31119994)
I have not experienced this myself, but based on reports I have read this and there I have the feeling that there is no clear rule. It seems to be based on agents' mood and what could work one day at one specific location could not work another day.

The hardest spot to pass through would be IMO the security checkpoint, as there will be an automatic check of your boarding pass that would trigger a red message and that the security agent would have to overpass... Passport check would be easier especially if you can access through PARAFE. For lounge, I would say it depends on the dragon...

At ZRH I've been able to get through this by just saying "I'm going to the lounge", but maybe the French are stricter about this ;) Thanks for the info!