Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The redeye meal is sort of a combination of the "light meal" and the ancient omelette from the regular breakfast flights. It is actually a bit larger meal than the regular omelette meal.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:57 pm

AC 555 LAX-YVR June 2017

June 2017
Air Canada Business Class
AC 555 Los Angeles to Vancouver

Welcome Aboard

Salad
Mesclun Salad, grape tomato, shaved fennel, dill, balsamic olive oil dressing

Main Courses
Chicken thigh, maple Aleppo pepper and aioli sauce, farro and rice

Or
Cheese cannelloni, Primavera sauce, spinach, feta

Dessert
Tiramisu

A cocktail snack and a full selection of beverages are available at all times throughout your flight.

220E053-1 1414 GG WEST MH HM 6/17
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think I had three different salads within NA this past weekend, and at least two of them were undesirable. I prefer the old one
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think I had three different salads within NA this past weekend, and at least two of them were undesirable. I prefer the old one
What is your rationale for liking the former bland, plain, and emotionless leaf bits?

The current salad offerings laugh, smile, and give out a bubbly laugh every time it's served.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Carfield
June 2017

Main Courses
Chicken thigh, maple Aleppo pepper and aioli sauce, farro and rice

What did you think of the chicken dish?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What is your rationale for liking the former bland, plain, and emotionless leaf bits?

The current salad offerings laugh, smile, and give out a bubbly laugh every time it's served.
They all had way too many olives, and I hate olives
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The salad, or the person eating the salad?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by expert7700
It's shocking that AC is pricing these PLH widebody flights at a $300 or higher premium, yet providing less service.

Flew YVR-YYZ on this 1030pm flight last Sunday, 77 J pods. Attached is the menu.

Instead of any meal choice, they give TWO ways to order the same meal (Parsley Omelette vs Omelette au persil.)

Menu says "assorted snacks are available at all times throughout your flight." When we asked about snacks the FA said they will be put out shortly before breakfast.

We had the knife-and-fork (prepaid meals) on our J boarding passes since we bought it before switching to J. The service director noticed this while taking omelette orders. Told us we could not order from the back, as AC has omelettes for everyone up front, and if they served us from the back it would deprive economy passengers and deprive AC of that revenue.

I replied that we don't eat eggs, and put out my credit card to "pay a second time then". About 90 min later she brought an onboard Cafe menu and circled the items that were leftover. We each ended up with a cup of Campbells ramen soup. Super Elite 100k (all 3 of us) has its perks. Fortunately the fancy cutlery (plastic spoons) didn't melt.

North America's best airline according to Skytraxx..........ridiculous.

The above post really makes me think some AC employees have an "us-vs-them" mentality. SE100k buying ramen soup after all the economy passengers could eat and not "deprive AC of that revenue" is awful.

Just awful customer service.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC SE
It's shocking that AC is pricing these PLH widebody flights at a $300 or higher premium, yet providing less service.

Flew YVR-YYZ on this 1030pm flight last Sunday, 77 J pods. Attached is the menu.

Instead of any meal choice, they give TWO ways to order the same meal (Parsley Omelette vs Omelette au persil.)

Menu says "assorted snacks are available at all times throughout your flight." When we asked about snacks the FA said they will be put out shortly before breakfast.

We had the knife-and-fork (prepaid meals) on our J boarding passes since we bought it before switching to J. The service director noticed this while taking omelette orders. Told us we could not order from the back, as AC has omelettes for everyone up front, and if they served us from the back it would deprive economy passengers and deprive AC of that revenue.

I replied that we don't eat eggs, and put out my credit card to "pay a second time then". About 90 min later she brought an onboard Cafe menu and circled the items that were leftover. We each ended up with a cup of Campbells ramen soup. Super Elite 100k (all 3 of us) has its perks. Fortunately the fancy cutlery (plastic spoons) didn't melt.
Wow - that's very disappointing on how the crew handled that. With one meal option and 3 SE's traveling with prepaid meal vouchers, I'm amazed they didn't offer something from the onboard cafe more willingly as an alternative to the omelette. On most flights they can even resell the omelettes in Y, so it can be win-win if they have a Y pax who wants to buy an omelette.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 112 YVR-YYZ June 2017

The menus were on photocopied sheets of paper, which was mildly amusing.
I did not eat the bread but I liked taking a photo of the bread basket.

Service was outstanding. Salad and salmon were tasty and excellent.

Menu Description

Niçoise salad, fingerling potatoes, hard-boiled egg, green beans, fennel, corn, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, garlic aioli, herb vinaigrette

Seared Atlantic salmon, Meaux mustard sauce, pearl acini pasta with tomato, carrots, broccoli

Attached Images     

Last edited by 24left; Jun 28, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Think I have had all the meals except pasta on recent runs including salmon, veal stew, stuffed chicken etc. All have been moist and tasty. Favorites were veal steal YYC-YYZ and excellent salmon on last night's YUL-YYC. Salmon last week was very slightly dried out. For airplane food, not bad . . .
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life

I replied that we don't eat eggs, and put out my credit card to "pay a second time then". About 90 min later she brought an onboard Cafe menu and circled the items that were leftover. We each ended up with a cup of Campbells ramen soup.
You must have had a very bad crew. I can't eat eggs and I have never had a problem ordering from the back(20 to 25x per year) Plus, I have never been charged for the Y food.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
You must have had a very bad crew. I can't eat eggs and I have never had a problem ordering from the back(20 to 25x per year) Plus, I have never been charged for the Y food.
I don't believe you.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't believe you.
I hate to talk about these things here, but I'm telling you right now that I have had success ordering from the back. I don't do it often but when it happens I don't get rejected.

Also, there was another time where I was in confirmed J and the red-scarf FA denied me my meal choice (coincidentally I have been denied by this same FA four times in five years on different flights Transcon and TATL flights), so in the end she let me have something of my choice from the Y BOB meal... so I guess AC deprived itself of revenue because of that.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 112 YVR-YYZ June 2017

The menus were on photocopied sheets of paper, which was mildly amusing.
I did not eat the bread but I liked taking a photo of the bread basket.

Service was outstanding. Salad and salmon were tasty and excellent.

Menu Description

Niçoise salad, fingerling potatoes, hard-boiled egg, green beans, fennel, corn, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, garlic aioli, herb vinaigrette

Seared Atlantic salmon, Meaux mustard sauce, pearl acini pasta with tomato, carrots, broccoli

I know others here vehemently disagree, but I quite enjoy the NA transcon J meals. Maybe it's an illusion or facade of price and quality, but nevertheless it has improved IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.