Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
YYC-YVR flight right after breakfast cutoff time, a few grapes and a couple pieces of cheese with crackers. Haven't seen a hot snack on this route yet
Only breakfast is hot on this route. The rest of the day / night rotates through 3 or 4 different cold plates. In recent months I have had cheeese and crackers, a cold deli meat plate and cold fish. Even the almonds are cold and simply handed out in a bag.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by djkyyc
Only breakfast is hot on this route. The rest of the day / night rotates through 3 or 4 different cold plates. In recent months I have had cheeese and crackers, a cold deli meat plate and cold fish. Even the almonds are cold and simply handed out in a bag.
Yup bagged almonds were included as well. Never seen the cold fish, is it the same cold salmon thing they served on the CRA's? Have had the deli meat plate and some sort of salad with meat in it too
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:07 pm

Yup bagged almonds were included as well. Never seen the cold fish, is it the same cold salmon thing they served on the CRA's? Have had the deli meat plate and some sort of salad with meat in it too
I don't eat seafood so have never tried it and just get extra almonds as there is never an alternate choice on these flights. It appears to be salmon but in the smaller snack size tray. I do like the fresh mozzarella on the deli tray.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I don't eat seafood so have never tried it and just get extra almonds as there is never an alternate choice on these flights. It appears to be salmon but in the smaller snack size tray. I do like the fresh mozzarella on the deli tray.
+1 on the Mozza. I have a rare evening flight back so hopefully they have that salmon dish out so I can see if it's any good!

Where do they actually serve a "hot snack" for the short haul routes? Anyone have any examples of one?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
FWIW, hot chicken skewers and pot pie used to be included in the short-haul NA J meal rotation, but I haven't seen either in quite a while.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
FWIW, hot chicken skewers and pot pie used to be included in the short-haul NA J meal rotation, but I haven't seen either in quite a while.
I have had both of those but don't think I have seen anything hot for approximately 2 years.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Keep getting the "caesar salad" on long NA routes. I swear that is the worst, less edible, most disgusting apetizer/salad I have ever had on AC. It is consistently outright inedible.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
It is smoked salmon and I enjoy it. My favorite, though, is the prawn dish.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The triangles have two types of salmon "dishes" currently; gravlax style and a chunky style (no idea what to call it).

I'm with YEG_SE4Life regarding the prawn/tuna tataki "dish". ^
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AC SE
YDF-YYZ rouge breakfast

Breakfast on AC Rouge 1703 YDF-YYZ Premium rouge on a 319 was choice of an omelette or an omelette.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gcashin
Breakfast on AC Rouge 1703 YDF-YYZ Premium rouge on a 319 was choice of an omelette or an omelette.
You forgot, "or an omelette". (because things happens in threes)

Does Premium Rouge also do the bottled water PDB now? If so, AC has to spend more money changing the menus!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by gcashin
What happened to the French omelette? There used to be a French omelette.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Have no fear! The French omelette remains on ML.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You forgot, "or an omelette". (because things happens in threes)

Does Premium Rouge also do the bottled water PDB now? If so, AC has to spend more money changing the menus!
PDB on rouge yesterday was a choice of water or OJ, so perhaps that change isn't on rouge, or wasn't in effect yesterday?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
The menu was two-sided, so the french omelette was on the other side. I didn't try the French omelette, so can't advise whether it tasted better than the English omelette ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.