FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summary of North America Executive class meal service
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:30 pm
gcashin

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by expert7700
It's shocking that AC is pricing these PLH widebody flights at a $300 or higher premium, yet providing less service.

Flew YVR-YYZ on this 1030pm flight last Sunday, 77 J pods. Attached is the menu.

Instead of any meal choice, they give TWO ways to order the same meal (Parsley Omelette vs Omelette au persil.)

Menu says "assorted snacks are available at all times throughout your flight." When we asked about snacks the FA said they will be put out shortly before breakfast.

We had the knife-and-fork (prepaid meals) on our J boarding passes since we bought it before switching to J. The service director noticed this while taking omelette orders. Told us we could not order from the back, as AC has omelettes for everyone up front, and if they served us from the back it would deprive economy passengers and deprive AC of that revenue.

I replied that we don't eat eggs, and put out my credit card to "pay a second time then". About 90 min later she brought an onboard Cafe menu and circled the items that were leftover. We each ended up with a cup of Campbells ramen soup. Super Elite 100k (all 3 of us) has its perks. Fortunately the fancy cutlery (plastic spoons) didn't melt.
Wow - that's very disappointing on how the crew handled that. With one meal option and 3 SE's traveling with prepaid meal vouchers, I'm amazed they didn't offer something from the onboard cafe more willingly as an alternative to the omelette. On most flights they can even resell the omelettes in Y, so it can be win-win if they have a Y pax who wants to buy an omelette.