Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
24left

Thanks for sharing another batch of great pics.

It's been a while since I've flown signature service.

Are the Hawksworth dishes only on domestic wide body signature class and not narrow body J?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
24left

Are the Hawksworth dishes only on domestic wide body signature class and not narrow body J?
Hawskworth is Signature only. Narrow body doesn't do hawskworth.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
24left

Seems so. It was discussed in this thread Int. Business Class & select wide-body N. America aircraft become 'Signature Service'

Also, with regard to the photos from the meal on the recent AC 118 just above, comparing to the photos @jasdou posted here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31785925-post3902.html , he had what seems to have been a better balance of the protein items. I was wondering why my salad only had 3 or 4 tiny bits of feta cheese. Also, his dessert came with the lime creme anglaise sauce. Seems to have been missing from mine and it was not offered.

I left this on the plate. Not a fan of eating raw onions or foods with garlic while flying. And I don't eat chorizo.

Forgot to mention that I did not eat the duck appetizer. Just took the photo.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 26, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Also, with regard to the photos from the meal on the recent AC 118 just above, comparing to the photos @jasdou posted here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31785925-post3902.html , he had what seems to have been a better balance of the protein items. I was wondering why my salad only had 3 or 4 tiny bits of feta cheese. Also, his dessert came with the lime creme anglaise sauce. Seems to have been missing from mine and it was not offered.

I left this on the plate. Not a fan of eating raw onions or foods with garlic while flying. And I don't eat chorizo.

Forgot to mention that I did not eat the duck appetizer. Just took the photo.
AC is of course consistently inconsistent. I agree though, I avoid raw onions all together and chorizo is not my preferred sausage either.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
For the first time in over a year, I had the omelette (I was on 158).

I chose to not eat and to not be woken up... but I actually stayed up and watched The Nutcracker while following the condensed piano score on my iPad... so when the SD was coming around, she gleefully pushed the omelette and I succumbed to her suggestion... yes, I had omelette farts a few hours later, but I did quite enjoy that dish.

How dare I. Something is wrong with me!
marchelli likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:59 am

Short Haul (0:46 - 1:59)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (Omelet + fruit + yogurt)

Premium long haul: YUL/YOW/YYZ - YYC/YEG/YVR, YUL/YYZ - LAX/SFO, YYZ - BOG/CCS/MEX, YVR/YYC - EWR

2230 - 0459 (Eastbound flights only, on Westbound flights dinner well be served): Hot breakfast (fruit plate followed by 2 hot main course choices or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)

According to the above, if you take ac126 (YVR-YYZ departing at 2230) and connect to ac503 (YYZ-ORD departing at 830am), are you served the same breakfast twice? Or do the "2 hot main course choices" include pancakes?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes.

You can fly YVR-YUL-YYZ-LHR and get 3 breakfasts if you're really lucky.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes.

You can fly YVR-YUL-YYZ-LHR and get 3 breakfasts if you're really lucky.
Clearly my definition of 'luck' is different than yours.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Clearly my definition of 'luck' is different than yours.
He must really love Air Canada's breakfast!
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by noobynoob
Short Haul (0:46 - 1:59)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (Omelet + fruit + yogurt)

Premium long haul: YUL/YOW/YYZ - YYC/YEG/YVR, YUL/YYZ - LAX/SFO, YYZ - BOG/CCS/MEX, YVR/YYC - EWR

2230 - 0459 (Eastbound flights only, on Westbound flights dinner well be served): Hot breakfast (fruit plate followed by 2 hot main course choices or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)

According to the above, if you take ac126 (YVR-YYZ departing at 2230) and connect to ac503 (YYZ-ORD departing at 830am), are you served the same breakfast twice? Or do the "2 hot main course choices" include pancakes?
Don't you like omelettes? Same thing happens on the Hawaii-Canada “red eye” routes if connecting onward from YVR.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC 35k
As much as I like the omelette, is that like the only hot breakfast served on NA flights?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
As much as I like the omelette, is that like the only hot breakfast served on NA flights?
@YXUFlyboy

Some of us have been posting photos in this thread of the breakfast wrap for quite a while.

And here is the menu for AC 101 and 103 YYZ-YVR for Mon Feb 17.

You can see if your flight has a menu showing. Scroll down to Food & Beverage Service

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...e-service.html

unclepants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Flew out YEG-YYZ on a 787 (Signature Service) February 9th - the soup and salad combination was really quite good (despite it being different than what was listed on the menu).

Flew back yesterday YYZ-YEG on an E90. The food was awful. A route that was supposed to be premium transcon had only 2 choices and seemed more appropriate to Rouge than to a supposed premium transcon route. Not sure if it had something to do with the aircraft but the E90's can't leave fast enough. The SD was very good despite such bad food.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Flew back yesterday YYZ-YEG on an E90. The food was awful. A route that was supposed to be premium transcon had only 2 choices and seemed more appropriate to Rouge than to a supposed premium transcon route. Not sure if it had something to do with the aircraft but the E90's can't leave fast enough.
I think it's discussed upthread that PLH service has been dropped on E90s since sometime after they went from 3 FAs to 2. It has been a while.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:13 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
what are the meals on signature class, wide body flights that are heading westbound, on, say yyz-yvr or yyz-yyc at 0700 and 0800 like? please tell me it's a lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.