Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm not quite sure if I can say it was good, but it was hot, and I ate it! Chicken breast, moqueca-style sauce of onions, tomatoes, mixed peppers and coconut milk, potatoes, mixed vegetables. Nice to see that there is some variety even if each flight only has one choice.
Pics pics pics! Big ones that fill the page and force us to scroll hard and fast for an hour before we reach the bottom!
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm not quite sure if I can say it was good, but it was hot, and I ate it! Chicken breast, moqueca-style sauce of onions, tomatoes, mixed peppers and coconut milk, potatoes, mixed vegetables. Nice to see that there is some variety even if each flight only has one choice.
As someone who hates chicken, I don't think that having chicken or chicken is all that great in terms of variety
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What's being served in J for the YYZYOW route nowadays?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What's being served in J for the YYZYOW route nowadays?
I'm also curious about YYZ-YUL, but I suspect they're similar.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm also curious about YYZ-YUL, but I suspect they're similar.
Recently I got a mediterannean salad for an afternoon flight on YYZYUL, but that was right before they started serving a hot item in transcon J again.

For YYZYOW, remember when they stopped serving hot food because it was too short of a flight? Was it the same prior to covid hitting?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Recently I got a mediterannean salad for an afternoon flight on YYZYUL, but that was right before they started serving a hot item in transcon J again.

For YYZYOW, remember when they stopped serving hot food because it was too short of a flight? Was it the same prior to covid hitting?
YYZ-YUL had hot breakfast, YYZ-YOW no longer did.

There were no hot meals at other times of day on YYZ-YUL.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
YYZ-YUL had hot breakfast, YYZ-YOW no longer did.

There were no hot meals at other times of day on YYZ-YUL.
Ok, thanks. I thought maybe now with the 223 on YYZYOW that might change things (no rationale, just some random thought and wishful hoping) and they might serve hot breakfast. But then again there is still the 175 being used on this route.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The Greek salad was served on YYC-YVR on Friday night, so I expect it would still be the item on YYZ-YUL.

It's actually pretty good.

Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The Greek salad was served on YYC-YVR on Friday night, so I expect it would still be the item on YYZ-YUL.

It's actually pretty good.
Oh yes, it was the greek salad i had on yyz yul... i see you got antiseptic wipes with the meal.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:03 pm

Oh yes, it was the greek salad i had on yyz yul... i see you got antiseptic wipes with the meal.
Sorry, no, that's an old photo that I never posted back when I was flying all the time. But other than the lack of wipes, it was the same on Friday.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, no, that's an old photo that I never posted back when I was flying all the time. But other than the lack of wipes, it was the same on Friday.
Oh ok. Too bad re: the wipes.
Now that cow mentioned it, for YYZYUL I'm curious if hot breakfast is back.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:59 pm

Now that cow mentioned it, for YYZYUL I'm curious if hot breakfast is back.
I spent some time looking at flights in the app. The longer flights will show a menu when there's an actual meal. The short flights, e.g. YYC-YVR, YYZ-YUL, just say "breakfast" or "snack", with no menu.

So I'm guessing it will be the yogurt with weird tapioca balls or whatever, fruit, etc.

Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I spent some time looking at flights in the app. The longer flights will show a menu when there's an actual meal. The short flights, e.g. YYC-YVR, YYZ-YUL, just say "breakfast" or "snack", with no menu.

So I'm guessing it will be the yogurt with weird tapioca balls or whatever, fruit, etc.

AKA - Chia Pudding

Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, but in normal times the triangles never had a menu anyway... so I guess it's still plausible for YYZYUL to have hot breakfast given that the transcons now have hot food.

Now, I wonder what something like YYZYWG is serving since they used to have menus...
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:53 am

Right, but in normal times the triangles never had a menu anyway... so I guess it's still plausible for YYZYUL to have hot breakfast given that the transcons now have hot food.
You should fly it and let us know. I'll bet you a burger you still get a yogurt/fruit dish

Now, I wonder what something like YYZYWG is serving since they used to have menus...
The app says there's a menu available, like it does for, say, the YYZ-YYC flights, but it gives me an error when I try to view the breakfast menu. Lunch/dinner menu works, and looks like it's the same as other TCON routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.