Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 118 YVR-YYZ November 2019

I would rate this as the best North American meal I've had on AC in almost forever.

OUTSTANDING meal

Congrats to AC on a fantastic appetizer that had great flavours. Loved the yellow beets.

(Also nice that the appetizer was not duck or prawns)

Just fantastic.

I loved the colors and flavours and did not put the dressing on the salad but used it more as a dipping sauce. Very tasty and a nice spice kick.

The soup was great. A lot of flavour and spice as well.

Dessert options.

Tiny piece of what was called cheesecake but was really a bit of cream cheese and gelatin to hold it together. Fruit sauce topping was nothing like the one served on the international flights. I wanted to try it since I always have the fruit dessert.

Last edited by 24left; Nov 14, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@YOWCDNFF

Just noticed your tagline.

" 2019 AC Totals: 32 KitKats, 12 Biskoff, 12 bags of pretzels "

AWESOME !!!!! and

p.s. I certainly understand the Kit Kats, I don't eat pretzels and the cookies are yum

Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left
@YOWCDNFF

Just noticed your tagline.

" 2019 AC Totals: 32 KitKats, 12 Biskoff, 12 bags of pretzels "

AWESOME !!!!! and

p.s. I certainly understand the Kit Kats, I don't eat pretzels and the cookies are yum

Biscoffs now being handed out on most AC flights? If this is true, my evening just got 10x better...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by codfather
Biscoffs now being handed out on most AC flights? If this is true, my evening just got 10x better...
Yeppers.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeppers.
Oddly I haven’t seen them yet.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Morning and early afternoon flights only. It switches to pretzel at some point in the afternoon.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Morning and early afternoon flights only. It switches to pretzel at some point in the afternoon.
Now that is a letdown! I would take Biscoff over pretzels any day! Lol
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Now that is a letdown! I would take Biscoff over pretzels any day! Lol
Data point:
Biscoffs (and lots of them) were offered on 429 last night.
jasdou and codfather like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 118 YVR-YYZ November 2019

I would rate this as the best North American meal I've had on AC in almost forever.

OUTSTANDING meal

Congrats to AC on a fantastic appetizer that had great flavours. Loved the yellow beets.

(Also nice that the appetizer was not duck or prawns)

Just fantastic.

I loved the colors and flavours and did not put the dressing on the salad but used it more as a dipping sauce. Very tasty and a nice spice kick.

The soup was great. A lot of flavour and spice as well.

Based on 24left 's recommendation, I gave this I try the other day and agree it is quite yummy. ^

Compared to a couple years ago, IMHO, AC's transcon J meals have improved.
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE
AC309 - YUL-YVR - November 2019

The smoked cod starter was quite nice. The pickled cucumber was tangy and crisp and paired well with the smoked fish and crème fraîche. Well done. I paired it with a glass of Palacio de Bornos Sauvignon Blanc and stuck with that wine for the rest of the meal as it was quite pleasant.

I went with the Cobb salad and mushroom soup. Bacon fans will like this dish, there was a lot of it. The salad underneath was a bit wilted but otherwise it was a nice dish though a bit protein-heavy. I enjoyed the soup as well.

Coffee brownies was delicious. I wanted some Grand Marnier to pair with it but they didn't have any on the cart and I didn't want to make them run to the galley to get some more. Port was an adequate subtitute.
24left and ecc like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:16 am

AC309 - YUL-YVR - November 2019

The smoked cod starter was quite nice. The pickled cucumber was tangy and crisp and paired well with the smoked fish and crème fraîche. Well done. I paired it with a glass of Palacio de Bornos Sauvignon Blanc and stuck with that wine for the rest of the meal as it was quite pleasant.

I went with the Cobb salad and mushroom soup. Bacon fans will like this dish, there was a lot of it. The salad underneath was a bit wilted but otherwise it was a nice dish though a bit protein-heavy. I enjoyed the soup as well.

Coffee brownies was delicious. I wanted some Grand Marnier to pair with it but they didn't have any on the cart and I didn't want to make them run to the galley to get some more. Port was an adequate subtitute.
This just makes me even more POed by the garbage service I received last December flying YYC-YYZ in "Signature Class"...

Portions were not as large (and not at all as nice), nothing was laid out properly like this, it was just really bad overall.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This just makes me ever more POed by the garbage service I received last December flying YYC-YYZ in "Signature Class"...

Portions were not as large (and not at all as nice), nothing was laid out properly like this, it was just really bad overall.
Sometimes it can take a simple combination of failed catering/loading (e.g. no tablecloths, no PBR loaded, no blankets/duvets, no amenity kits, etc.), and lazy/incompetent crew (partially reflective of the SD) to make the entire experience pretty crappy.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:24 am

Sometimes it can take a simple combination of failed catering/loading (e.g. no tablecloths, no PBR loaded, no blankets/duvets, no amenity kits, etc.), and lazy/incompetent crew (partially reflective of the SD) to make the entire experience pretty crappy.
Definitely! I think I encountered all of those issues on the flight.

The SD was especially bad IMO.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely! I think I encountered all of those issues on the flight.

The SD was especially bad IMO.
Luckily, most SDs/crews in J are "good"... I'd say I get craptastic DGAF SD/crew 10% of the time on AC J (n>1,000). Improperly catered/loaded J cabin is about 10% of the time as well, but not necessarily coinciding with the DGAF crews.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:47 am

Luckily, most SDs/crews in J are "good"... I'd say I get craptastic DGAF SD/crew 10% of the time on AC J (n>1,000). Improperly catered/loaded J cabin is about 10% of the time as well, but not necessarily coinciding with the DGAF crews.
I'd agree with that. That was the only really bad experience I have ever had in J, IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.