Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Thanks for posting,

We are aware of this issue and are looking to fix in the future. The reason for this is when you are wait listed for an upgrade, we see in our system the award to the J cabin, whether or you will be upgraded or not. At that point our app automatically points to the J cabin seat map.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will look to regulate that issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile

Actually these are not revenue tickets, but award tickets in Y - booked using my SE account for other family members.
I had this issue too -- I was excited for a few minutes thinking that I got a free upgrade -- sadly, the App isn't screwed up enough to confirm the seat selection.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Understood. But the booking I've made was indeed purchased and booked at AC.com. Yet, I continually get this (1601) error:
I was playing around with a booking last night on the iPhone app, and got the same error message. Three minutes later, I received an email from Air Canada confirming my seat selection and giving me my receipt for the fee. I did not authorize payment. I plan on calling in shortly for a refund. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Has anyone else noticed discrepancies between the app and AC.com? I have flights booked to LAS in a couple of weeks, and have the flights loaded to the app. Last night, I was refreshing all my reservations and suddenly the flight times for the YVR-LAS and return segments have changed by 10 hours one way, and 6 the other. So I go to AC.com to confirm and start looking at other options, and both my reservation and the main booking portal still reflect the original times. And just to add a little more mystery, the online timetable also shows the new times per the app.

Any thoughts out there? IT glitch, or schedule change that hasn't been loaded to the main system yet? It just seems odd either way...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
One thing that I have noticed with the app is that it often offers flights not seen on the regular AC website which can be handy. An example; app will show routing through YYZ on a YYC-NRT flight while website only shows direct or through YVR. good for adding miles...

Last edited by folkart; Jun 20, 2012 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I too am looking forward to the App supporting flight passes. Any news on when this will be released?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Air Canada iPhone app

Will we be able to book open-jaw / multi-city itineraries via the iPhone app anytime soon?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
What's your bet on when they will have one?
Am I missing something...AC already has an iPhone app. I use it a lot. You mean AP? I was wondering that myself.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
What's your bet on when they will have one?
Am I missing something...AC already has an iPhone app. I use it a lot. You mean AP? I was wondering that myself.
AP already has an iPhone app as well.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
AP already has an iPhone app as well.
I wondered if anyone would comment on this, but I recently got this fantastic news in my mailbox:

I'm so glad that Aeroplan is working hard to add these sorts of desperately-needed features like goal-setting to their iOS app before they consider building an Android app. Now I assume we just need to wait for this critical functionality to make it to BB, then three more features we could have never lived without (like a feature to locate the nearest drinking fountain at YQR, a foursquare-ripoff app for AC Vacations flights, and a seat-coverage calculator so you can work out how much real-estate your posterior takes up on various planes across the AC network and share it with everyone you ever remotely bumped into on Facebook) and then they'll finally tell us that an Android version is "on our to-do list".

really. Most *A airlines have Android apps, but it seems that only AC, TAM, and COPA only have an iOS app. Oh sure, we've heard the story that "it's bigger business for AC to deal with iOS and BB" but then at least come clean to us that you have no intention of releasing an android app rather than stringing us along and devoting time to releasing improvements like this to the iOS app before even developing the most basic Android app.

/rant.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Oh sure, we've heard the story that "it's bigger business for AC to deal with iOS and BB" but then at least come clean to us that you have no intention of releasing an android app rather than stringing us along and devoting time to releasing improvements like this to the iOS app before even developing the most basic Android app.

/rant.
I'm not sure, after installing the iOS app, why I bothered. Can't see existing rewards on it anywhere, can't book new reward, can't check rewards availability......
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:29 am

I can't seem to search my bookings on the Air Canada App, I just get an error saying "Communication Error"
I deleted and reinstalled the app and still having this issue when searching for my booking using ref # and last name.
Anyone else having this problem or is it just my app?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:39 am

Hi,

We would love to help you with this issue and post a response on the forum when we do have a solution. TO begin we need more information on your case to troubleshoot. To better address this issue would you please provide the following information:
Device
Device OS
App Version (found in settings> about)
Passenger Last Name
Booking Reference Number
Flight Number
Date of Travel

Please email the information to [email protected] and we will help you out As soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Air Canada Mobile
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I just flew Asiana and Thai and both have android apps allowing me to check in and choose seats.
Seriously AC, there are more Android devices than iPhones out there!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
I can't seem to search my bookings on the Air Canada App, I just get an error saying "Communication Error"
I deleted and reinstalled the app and still having this issue when searching for my booking using ref # and last name.
I always encounter exactly the same problem when the ticket has not been issued for my reservation, which happens quite a bit when booking a flexible fare through our corporate TA. As soon as the ticketing is done, the booking shows up just fine on the app. Could this be the problem your are having?

Last edited by ACflyerDE; Aug 22, 2012 at 12:45 am
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont President's Club (Premier)
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
I'm having the same issue. I didn't have any problem with the booking in question or the app until I had a minor change made (just upgraded a segment where business class opened up) yesterday morning. I've emailed all the details through the feedback tab in the app, so I guess I will just wait and see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.