Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
I've actually deleted mine from my phone. You'd think AC would have been more concerned with pushing out an update that fixed the bugs than trying to push new functionality.

The decision to delete the AC app came this week while I was flying United in the US. Their app hasn't failed me yet this year. Seat assignment changes, mobile boarding passes, all my reservations saved properly no matter how many segments. When I land, I turn my phone on, see what gate we're coming into and what gate my next flight is flying out of (so I know how fast to run in DEN). In short - it works. To me that's what's most important in an app.
+1

I also particularly like the feature of the UA app that the flight status shows you the exact aircraft scheduled to operate the flight and where it is coming from. What a great way to find out early if your flight could be delayed due to a late inbound aircraft and to be able to be proactive with rebooking when necessary.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Well despite all my scrambled PNR's and 20 calendar entries for every segment, I decided to give the new passbook feature a try for my flights tomorrow. Checked in through the mobile app and surprise surprise the BP's don't show up in passbook. I see no reason for the latest release at all now. No bug fixes. And no apparent new functionality. What a waste of time.

I'd highly suggest to everyone thinking of using this app to not even go near it. It will make an awful mess of your calendar and confuse the heck out of you with jumbled PNR's. This app is completely useless until resolved.
Hi NAJetSet,

Did you click the "Add" or "Add to Passbook" button? Passes don't automatically go into Passbook, they have to be added by the user. It is designed that way by Apple.

You can add the pass 3 ways...
1. Tap "Add to Passbook" at the end of Mobile Check-in.
2. Click the link in the e-mail we send you.
3. Click the link in the SMS we send you.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:50 am

Hi All,

As we have mentioned numerous times, the defect where bookings get mixed up in My Flights is our top priority but it is a complex one to fix. We understand the frustration this can cause and apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your patience and will be fixing this one in the next release.

In the short term your best bet is to use Find Flight by Flight Number. We know this is not ideal but it will ensure your flights do not get mixed up. The other advantage to this is the refresh process will be quicker. When you have a booking in your list we first check the booking (to see if it has changed) and then look up the flights. So this way we go directly to the flight search which is much quicker.

Our app updates always have clear release notes and v3.7 addressed Passbook, iPhone 5, iOS 6 and Pull to Refresh.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile Team
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Passbook integration worked flawlessly for me yesterday. You just need to know how passbook works. One big advantage is that your boarding pass does not disappear after the flight - this is very useful for filing expense reports. Before, you needed to take a screenshot of the BP, or you were toast.

The PNR jumble is annoying beyond belief, and completely unacceptable. Adding flights by number is not an option - I have a PNR with 11 segments and will not be adding them one by one.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Hi NAJetSet,

Did you click the "Add" or "Add to Passbook" button? Passes don't automatically go into Passbook, they have to be added by the user. It is designed that way by Apple.

In the app, it says that your boarding passes will show up in "my messages". I have clicked the add button when I get the BP through text message, and it says it is added, but so far the app is 0/4 in terms of it actually showing up in "my messages". Is it going somewhere else, or is that function just another one of the bugs?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Brianakarobin
In the app, it says that your boarding passes will show up in "my messages". I have clicked the add button when I get the BP through text message, and it says it is added, but so far the app is 0/4 in terms of it actually showing up in "my messages". Is it going somewhere else, or is that function just another one of the bugs?
Hi Brianakarobin,

My Messages is based on your AC mobile+ account ID, which is your e-mail address. So when you check-in and select Electronic Boarding Pass pick the e-mail option and you'll see the links in My Messages.

When you click those links (from e-mail, sms or My Messages) using an iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6 the Passbook version of the pass will display. You then tap "Add", the pass will slide away and from that point on it will be stored inside the Passbook app.

The advantage here is it will be stored for OFFLINE use and soon we'll be adding Lock Screen Notification so you access the pass quickly when at the airport.

Hope that answers your questions!

Air Canada Mobile Team
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:42 am

How about the APP tells me where i am on the upgrade list??

This way such as in HKG last week the staff dont have 30 people over and over and over and over again. Did I get upgradred? Where am I on the list? How many people on the list....
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by getaround
How about the APP tells me where i am on the upgrade list??

This way such as in HKG last week the staff dont have 30 people over and over and over and over again. Did I get upgradred? Where am I on the list? How many people on the list....
That would be cool! Hey AC, have a look at the United app how this works.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:50 am

Air Canada iPhone app

Maybe I am just not seeing the forest for the trees, but how do I delete a flight from the "my flights"-list? There used to be the button in the top right corner where I could add, delete or refresh the flights but after installing the newest version the refresh function is now pull-down on the screen and the button in the top right corner is a + which allows to add flights. Help anyone?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Hi NAJetSet,

Thanks for the tip, I've determined that the issue was a flight to the US on the PNR, that required a BP to be manually printed at the AP.

I'll try you're above suggestion for a fully domestic flight this Sunday, and let you know if I still have the same problem.

But still, the PNR jumble, is still a problem that will stop me (and hopefully others) from using this app at all until fixed (outside of my test on Sunday). I sure hope this is considered a large enough fire to be put out in short order.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Maybe I am just not seeing the forest for the trees, but how do I delete a flight from the "my flights"-list? There used to be the button in the top right corner where I could add, delete or refresh the flights but after installing the newest version the refresh function is now pull-down on the screen and the button in the top right corner is a + which allows to add flights. Help anyone?
I had the same issue with not being able to delete but because of jumbled PNRs I just deleted the app and reinstalled. I'm now only loading 1 PNR at a time and it "seems" to be working.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by 4havnfun
I had the same issue with not being able to delete but because of jumbled PNRs I just deleted the app and reinstalled. I'm now only loading 1 PNR at a time and it "seems" to be working.
Delete flights from my flights by swiping right on the segment. A red delete button will appear. Like Magic

Then you'll need to do the following to unlock the magic card to defeat the lounge dragon:
press in order:
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-center

Poof - lounge dragon defeated.
+1 Beer
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:23 am

Air Canada iPhone app

Works like a charm, thanks a lot!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
-Duplicate answer-
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:53 pm

Last edited by john_doe123123; Jun 21, 2014 at 12:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.