Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Has anyone else noticed discrepancies between the app and AC.com? I have flights booked to LAS in a couple of weeks, and have the flights loaded to the app. Last night, I was refreshing all my reservations and suddenly the flight times for the YVR-LAS and return segments have changed by 10 hours one way, and 6 the other. So I go to AC.com to confirm and start looking at other options, and both my reservation and the main booking portal still reflect the original times. And just to add a little more mystery, the online timetable also shows the new times per the app.

Any thoughts out there? IT glitch, or schedule change that hasn't been loaded to the main system yet? It just seems odd either way...
I just had the same thing, the app showed a change for AC 796 LAX-YYZ but the website still showed the old times. A few days later the website showed the new times as well, so it appears that the app is accurate but it definitely is odd that the flight data comes out of different databases.

Just had another change, AC 858 YYZ-LHR on 10/31, app now shows a 22:55h departure when ac.com still shows the 23:55h departure time. Let's see what happenes.

Last edited by ACflyerDE; Sep 12, 2012 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I had an itin for Oct 17-22 that was all ok in both app and MMB. I just booked an itin Oct 15-16 and it's okay in both, but in the app, the booking reference for the Oct 17-22 now duplicates the Oct 15-16 itin, and the Oct 17-22 is GONE. Still all okay on the web MMB page. But I am very nervous. Deaf, can't phone them, trying to get a response on twitter.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:48 pm

AirCanadamobile I am wondering if the AC app will be using the new passbook in the new IOS6?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
AirCanadamobile I am wondering if the AC app will be using the new passbook in the new IOS6?
+1 on this request too!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I had an itin for Oct 17-22 that was all ok in both app and MMB. I just booked an itin Oct 15-16 and it's okay in both, but in the app, the booking reference for the Oct 17-22 now duplicates the Oct 15-16 itin, and the Oct 17-22 is GONE. Still all okay on the web MMB page. But I am very nervous. Deaf, can't phone them, trying to get a response on twitter.
this happens to me all the time...

just drop the flight(s) that are wrong, and re-add your PNR
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by NAJetSet
this happens to me all the time...

just drop the flight(s) that are wrong, and re-add your PNR
Thanks - I was afraid to do that, because I worried it would cancel the flight. Will give it a try. It got worse since I posted. I added a 4th trip before the other 3 and now PNR 1 and 2 are attached to the 1st trip, PNR 3 is attached to the 2nd trip, PNR 4 is attached to the 4th trip, and trip 3 is missing.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Flight Pass Bookings in Version 3.6

The latest update to the app (3.6) says, You can now find your Flight Pass booking from Find Flight by Booking Reference. It still not working for me, though. Anyone else have any luck?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
The latest update to the app (3.6) says, You can now find your Flight Pass booking from Find Flight by Booking Reference. It still not working for me, though. Anyone else have any luck?
Nope. Not working for me either.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Nope, not me either. Did the upgrade and tried several flight pass bookings. I'm getting a new error message with a prompt to call the call center to complete my booking when I try to look up the Flight Pass booking. So, no luck on the lookup and a completely wrong error message.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
oh gawd it's finally happened... the same IBM employees that take care of the website now have their fingers in the iPhone app... it's all over
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Thanks - I was afraid to do that, because I worried it would cancel the flight. Will give it a try. It got worse since I posted. I added a 4th trip before the other 3 and now PNR 1 and 2 are attached to the 1st trip, PNR 3 is attached to the 2nd trip, PNR 4 is attached to the 4th trip, and trip 3 is missing.
Hi,

Sorry we haven't been online in a while. We are aware of this issue, and are looking into the cause of it. As one of the other frequent fliers here said try to remove and re-add the PNRs. That is no the ideal solution and we are looking into finding a real solution in the future. Thank you very much for your continued patience, we do really appreciate it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Starting today we will be more active and look at this forum more.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by YEGTigger
Nope, not me either. Did the upgrade and tried several flight pass bookings. I'm getting a new error message with a prompt to call the call center to complete my booking when I try to look up the Flight Pass booking. So, no luck on the lookup and a completely wrong error message.
Well.... that's not good (to say the least), someone will be getting an earful... To whoever is getting this problem, please send you PNR number and Last Name on the PNR to [email protected] and I will be looking into this issue. During the release this was tested and it did work, however I'm guessing there is some issue that we were unaware of. We will now be identifying this and resolve this as soon as possible.

I have said this before and would like to reiterate it. Our flight pass customers are very important to us and we do wish to provide them with the same service as the rest of our customers. Sadly we have been plagues with bugs in dealing with Flight Pass, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to work with you in solving these problems.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
Another +1 vote / request for iOS 6 Passbook support. It's a really nice capability.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Well.... that's not good (to say the least), someone will be getting an earful... To whoever is getting this problem, please send you PNR number and Last Name on the PNR to [email protected] and I will be looking into this issue. During the release this was tested and it did work, however I'm guessing there is some issue that we were unaware of. We will now be identifying this and resolve this as soon as possible.

I have said this before and would like to reiterate it. Our flight pass customers are very important to us and we do wish to provide them with the same service as the rest of our customers. Sadly we have been plagues with bugs in dealing with Flight Pass, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to work with you in solving these problems.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Add me to the list of people that this does not work for. Same error message. I am not going to send my PNR to an email address I dont recognize but pm here or just indicate if I can use the app itself to report the problem.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:30 pm

There is a feedback address in the More area of the app: [email protected] but the response I received came from [email protected] so it looks like the loop is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.