Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
Have you chosen you new seat?
Yep. Basically, it looks like the iPhone app has a copy of my old itinerary, pre-upgrade.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by hjohnson
Web site only shows the segment in R... iPhone app shows me in 18K, which is what I picked when I originally booked the ticket.
Hi hjohnson,

This is a strange issue and the first we hear of it. The information that the app gets should be the same that is available from the website. Would it be possible for you to contact us at [email protected]? This way we can handle your issue more closely and ensure a solution as soon as possible.

Regards,
Air Canada Mobile
Old Jun 9, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC*E
AC App to the Rescue

When I first got the App I found its functionality to be limited. You could view your flights and check in through the app. I could already check in and have an SMS with my boarding pass. When it really saved my skin was when I landed late and had a connecting flight in Chicago. I landed, checked my app and saw my second flight was delayed so I didn't need to rush to the next gate. The airport's system showed the flight still on time, but nobody was at the gate when I got there. 5 minutes later the AC agent comes up, updates his computer and it now showed the same rescheduled departure as the app.

I went for dinner and checked my app every 10 minutes to see if any changes. Just as I'm finishing my meal, it refreshes and shows cancelled. I rushed back to the gate and the agent still thinks the plane is leaving. 20 minutes later he gets a call saying the flight is cancelled; I was first in line to get a hotel and rebooked. The app saved me about 2 hours of standing in line at O'Hare after everyone else.

Bottom line, apparently the AC app connects to some mainframe that knows things before the agents know. Also, has anybody has used the delayed and cancelled flight service and how good is it?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by jimbeam123

Bottom line, apparently the AC app connects to some mainframe that knows things before the agents know. Also, has anybody has used the delayed and cancelled flight service and how good is it?
Hi Jimbean,

As you can imagine we always love hearing good things from our customers. We look forward to bringing you many more features in the near future.

As for the delayed and cancelled flight service tool, it was designed for ease of use while giving you the customer options to rebook flights. We could go on but I think we may be slightly biased towards this tool.

Regards,
Air Canada Mobile
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by rehoult
It was rather inconvenient. However, my question is when you are planning to support touchscreens on BB. The Torch has been out for over 6 months now; how are you guys still not be able to support it?
Over 8 months now and still no updated App for the Torch.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:11 pm

Just downloaded V3.0 for iPhone OS. This version allows you to book flights. I'm not sure what other changes there are, but I tried a simple dummy booking and it seems to be pretty slick at first glance. My opinion might change as I play with it more.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan basic
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Just downloaded V3.0 for iPhone OS. This version allows you to book flights. I'm not sure what other changes there are, but I tried a simple dummy booking and it seems to be pretty slick at first glance. My opinion might change as I play with it more.
I downloaded the new app earlier this evening too on my iPhone. Generally I've stayed away from airline apps because on my blackberry the apps really suck. I decided to finally try the app on my iPhone and am pretty impressed. Love how easy it is to book and get prices. I'd say it's even better than the star alliance app since I can actually pay through the app. Well done Air Canada! I'd almost forgive you for my 4 hour delay out of LGA 2 weeks ago.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:16 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments on the new Air Canada app 3.0. We have worked very hard to bring you an easy to use mobile booking tool. We will be bringing more functionality to this in the future, but as for right now we cannot say what it will be.

Please feel free to give us your constructive criticism and feedback. You can always reach us at [email protected]

For more information on the app and it's features you can visit aircanada.com/iphoneapp

Best Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:23 am

Some press coverage for the new app:

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...s-missing-link
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
iPad version?

When does the iPad version being rolled out?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:37 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Feature request for the booking section: better prices and no fuel surcharges! :-)

Just kidding. Great work on the app - I look forward to future Aeroplan integration!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sebring
Some press coverage for the new app:

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...s-missing-link
Thanks haven't seen that one yet, but it brought a smile to all of our face.

Thanks,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by c_9
Feature request for the booking section: better prices and no fuel surcharges! :-)

Just kidding. Great work on the app - I look forward to future Aeroplan integration!
Hi,

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. Aeroplan has been on our short list for a long time, we hope to bring that soon.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ACfly
When does the iPad version being rolled out?
Hi ACfly,

As you can see from mobile booking we put a lot of time and thought into our apps. while the iPad has been around for a while now we wish to do it justice and not release a half baked app. So while I cannot give you a time line right now I can say that our team is very excited about creating a tablet sized app. We wish to implement a variety of features that we have on the iPhone app swell as some that are not in production yet.

Thank you very much for your inquiry and we sincerely hope that you enjoy using the app as much as we did making it.

Regards,
Ari Canada Mobile
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC Elite
There's definitely something wrong with the AC mobile development team.

They are intelligent, responsive, understanding, and dedicated!

How could AC have let this happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.