Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I was just made aware of this yesterday and it appears that the iPhone app now updates the calendar - which in my case is synced to my Outlook Exchange server. Great addition!^

But for some reason the programmers forgot to include the record locator...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
I was just made aware of this yesterday and it appears that the iPhone app now updates the calendar - which in my case is synced to my Outlook Exchange server. Great addition!^

Send a note to [email protected] not sure if they still monitor this thread or not..
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by PlaneWatcherYYC
Send a note to [email protected] not sure if they still monitor this thread or not..
They monitor this thread, from time to time. Responding to your emails is another matter...seemingly, they will only respond if they can give you a successful answer.

I have emailed them 3 times to ask why one of my Booking Refs will not display in the app...<crickets>, every time.

Not even a "we will look into this" acknowledgement message...I'm not impatient and can understand if there are technical glitches, but it's disappointing to not get any form of response, good or bad.

So, email away...but don't hold your breath.

Last edited by JJonahJ; Mar 15, 2012 at 8:01 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by nobody-elite
Just rec'd this re: flight pass problems and the AC app.

The problem is that the Flight Pass bookings are made with another system currently we are working to integrate this system within our "Find Flight by Booking Reference" tool. We do wish for all bookings to be found and this was an unexpected roadblock that we discovered during our development. We are making this a priority and hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.
Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
Air Canada Mobile
A year on, and the flight pass bookings still don't work. They say they are making this a priority !!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 am

And another thing. I've got half a dozen different PNRs listed in the app, but cannot change my seats on any of them, whether they are revenue tickets, or AP reward flights.

Anyone been able to re-select seats?

Prolly just me.

The Big L on Head
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
And another thing. I've got half a dozen different PNRs listed in the app, but cannot change my seats on any of them, whether they are revenue tickets, or AP reward flights.

Prolly just me.

The Big L on Head
Changing seats on the app only works for bookings made via aircanada.com. It does not work for revenue flights booked elsewhere and it also does not work for award flights booked on aeroplan.com or through the call center.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:28 pm

Record locator for???? My PNR for the bookings made is listed on the top right hand corner.....
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Record locator for???? My PNR for the bookings made is listed on the top right hand corner.....
I am referring to the record locator on the file that is used to sent to your calendar. (I realize it is visible on the App)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:21 am

Hi,

We got your e-mail and you certainly raise a lot of good questions. We will test a few scenarios and let you know how things go as its been awhile since we tested the calendar feature.

For the record locator, would you want this in the "Notes" of the calendar entry? Also, keep in mind that if you retrieve your booking by booking reference on the iPhone app we will save the booking reference for you in My Flights.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:22 am

[email protected] not sure if they still monitor this thread or not..[/QUOTE]

We are still monitoring
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:23 am

They monitor this thread, from time to time. Responding to your emails is another matter...seemingly, they will only respond if they can give you a successful answer.

I have emailed them 3 times to ask why one of my Booking Refs will not display in the app...<crickets>, every time.

Not even a "we will look into this" acknowledgement message...I'm not impatient and can understand if there are technical glitches, but it's disappointing to not get any form of response, good or bad.

So, email away...but don't hold your breath.
Hi,

We sincerely apologize for this. The team has undergone some changes recently so we may have missed a few e-mails. I can assure you that if you resend us your issue it will be looked at.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Changing seats on the app only works for bookings made via aircanada.com. It does not work for revenue flights booked elsewhere and it also does not work for award flights booked on aeroplan.com or through the call center.
Understood. But the booking I've made was indeed purchased and booked at AC.com. Yet, I continually get this (1601) error:
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by nobody-elite
A year on, and the flight pass bookings still don't work. They say they are making this a priority !!
We are looking to get this to you in the first half of 2012. We have a few upcoming releases that we'll be letting you know about!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:26 am

Prolly just me.

The Big L on Head
Hi,

As mentioned by another poster, this feature will only work with certain types of bookings. Send us an email [email protected] with your booking references and we'll take a more detailed look to see what's going on.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Hi,

As mentioned by another poster, this feature will only work with certain types of bookings. Send us an email [email protected] with your booking references and we'll take a more detailed look to see what's going on.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Hmmm....you want me to send a 4th email about the same issue?

Hmmm???

Well, AC-Mob, I feel lucky. And this time, I'm gonna fire up my email, and REALLY make a running charge at that SEND button.

All kidding aside, good luck with sorting out the issues with the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.