Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC 100KSE
Originally Posted by ridefar
FWIW the find flight based on reservation code function does not seem to be working since the upgrade.
Works for me with V3.0 - this is the latest version I think?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have figured it out and the problem is with the app I think. ( I have the latest version installed )

Across the top of my elected flight I get three options: Book flight / check in / share.

When I saw the book flight option, I called AC ( to confirm bookings) since it appears my flights are not registering as being booked ( on the app ) although they are.

I then emailed a tech person for the app. He said it is because my booked flights were from a flight pass and there is a problem with flights from the flight pass being recognised by the app at this time.

So I guess if the app is not seeing all my segments as booked, they are not offering me seat selections.

Hope this blip gets fixed soon so I then can see seat selection.

Last edited by nobody-elite; Oct 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:04 pm

Defect Report -- Region codes -- good news & bad news

Well, I was about to post some words of praise, but... now I have to qualify

First the good news:
The selection of departure and arrival points in the "Book Flight" section of the app now includes "region" codes, e.g. NYC for all New York region airports, YTO for all Toronto region airports. This is particularly impressive as aircanada.com still does not support the functionality, which is probably somewhat related to the following bad news...
The bad news:
The region functionality does not actually work. It also errors out with a totally misleading error (Communication Error: Unable to contact the server at this time. Please try again later. (11)) Swapping values back to an actual airport code (e.g. YYZ, YTZ, EWR) works; swapping back to YTO or NYC, the error consistently returns.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:32 pm

Defect Report -- Booking Confirmation screen does not go away

Once the booking is completed, the Booking Confirmation screen offers only two options: "Select Seats" and "Share Travel Plans". There is no "Book Another Flight" option. Likewise switching to another screen in the app (e.g. to My Flights or Check-in) and then switching back to Book Flight does not make the earlier Booking Confirmation go away. I had to kill the app and restart it to be able to book another flight.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 1:23 pm

Update

Just rec'd this re: flight pass problems and the AC app.

The problem is that the Flight Pass bookings are made with another system currently we are working to integrate this system within our "Find Flight by Booking Reference" tool. We do wish for all bookings to be found and this was an unexpected roadblock that we discovered during our development. We are making this a priority and hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.
Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
Air Canada Mobile
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by blue2002
Once the booking is completed, the Booking Confirmation screen offers only two options: "Select Seats" and "Share Travel Plans". There is no "Book Another Flight" option. Likewise switching to another screen in the app (e.g. to My Flights or Check-in) and then switching back to Book Flight does not make the earlier Booking Confirmation go away. I had to kill the app and restart it to be able to book another flight.
guess they weren't expecting you to make more than one booking
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:30 am

Mobile Booking Search and Flight Search Down

Hi Guys,

Sadly I'm here to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, the Mobile Booking Searching and flight search by Booking Reference number is currently unavailable.

We are currently in the process of resolving this issue and it will be fixed in the very near future. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. For more information or inquires, or if you find another aspect of the app not working, please do not hesitate to send us an email at [email protected]

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile

EDIT: Everything is working again.... Keep Calm, Carry on!!

Last edited by aircanadamobile; Nov 17, 2011 at 10:12 am Reason: Stuffs fixed
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Offline timetable download

The App regularly shows a message that a new offline timetable is available for download. However, when I click on "Download now" nothing appears to be happening and even after waiting a while I can not see that anything changed. Anybody else facing the same problem?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
The App regularly shows a message that a new offline timetable is available for download. However, when I click on "Download now" nothing appears to be happening and even after waiting a while I can not see that anything changed. Anybody else facing the same problem?
Hi ACflyerDE,

The Message should pop-up every 2 weeks, when our schedules update. All of the downloading and installation happens in the background so that it is non-invasive. The only way you would notice it is if you watch the download from "My Settings" >"Preferences" then scroll to the bottom.

I wonder if other people have the same problem, if so we may look at putting an alert to let you know when it is done.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
AC app for Blackberry 9900 series phones now available in BB App World. Downloading now!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by corlanb
AC app for Blackberry 9900 series phones now available in BB App World. Downloading now!
Darn, you beat me too it.... Yes, the app is now available for the 9900, get it at either m.aircanada.ca or BlackBerry App World.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
Darn, you beat me too it.... Yes, the app is now available for the 9900, get it at either m.aircanada.ca or BlackBerry App World.
Finally!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Seat maps on award tickets never seem to map correctly. On a Y ticket, the seat availability is for the J cabin. If you select a J seat , the confirmation will fail. No Y seats are visible.

Noticed this on 4 or 5 award seats in Y book recently.

Otherwise a very slick and useful app. Would be nice to have the ability to add record locators to the web application in a similar manner.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by corlanb
People still use BB??
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by john_doe123123
People still use BB??
Ahahahaha... People don't - businesses do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.