Air Canada iPhone app

Old Apr 16, 09, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Air Canada iPhone app

What's your bet on when they will have one?
Old Apr 16, 09, 11:35 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
for what?

mobile.aircanada.com works great

The only thing missing is managing flight passes (not just booking new flights)
Old Apr 16, 09, 11:52 am

Programs: AC*SE 2012/13 /CIBC AP Gold/&BIS
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post
What's your bet on when they will have one?

Did not when I looked last.
Old Apr 16, 09, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
for what?

mobile.aircanada.com works great

The only thing missing is managing flight passes (not just booking new flights)
Work great on Iphone? really?
Old Apr 16, 09, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG-Plat, Fairmont-Pres, National Exec Elite
It does work fine actually, I use the full website version in the iPhone browser.
Old Apr 16, 09, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
For the longest time, the mobile site did not recognize the iPhone browser as being on a mobile site, so you would be re-directed to the main aircanada.ca site. However they have fixed this, and the mobile site now functions on the iPhone.

Normally I don't like to use a mobile site, I like the content and experience of a full website on the iPhone, but this is one instance where the speed benefits of the mobile site outweigh the lost experience of the full site, specially because if I am using the AC mobile site, it is likely because I am in a hurry!

For once AC has done the right thing by having separate domains, rather than just relying on browser detection to decide for you which site to go to.
Old Apr 16, 09, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC*E, AY, AMEXPlat, CIBCInfinite
Originally Posted by bluenose77 View Post
It does work fine actually, I use the full website version in the iPhone browser.
Me too and works fine.
Old Apr 16, 09, 2:04 pm

Programs: TK*G, AP Prestige, BAEC, Alaska Air MP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold HHonors GOLD VIP, Hyatt GOLD
I don't like the fact if you had checked in via mobile and sent your BP to your iPhone and directed to the site where it shows your barcode if you have to go back to the browser it will try to refresh and it will ask for it again because it had timed out. Has any of you experienced that? I've had to ask for a paper BP from the gate because of this as it won't let me check in again because i have to refer to my original one which has timed out.
Old Apr 16, 09, 2:40 pm

[QUOTE=adrian2611;11593547]I don't like the fact if you had checked in via mobile and sent your BP to your iPhone and directed to the site where it shows your barcode if you have to go back to the browser it will try to refresh and it will ask for it again because it had timed out. Has any of you experienced that? I've had to ask for a paper BP from the gate because of this as it won't let me check in again because i have to refer to my original one which has timed out.[/QUOTE

Ive had the bar code emailed and open in the browser and it must refresh and disappears and when you go back to the email it wont display the barcode again.

Was caught by this maybe 4 times. Now I don't open the email until security.
Old Apr 16, 09, 3:17 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by adrian2611 View Post
I don't like the fact if you had checked in via mobile and sent your BP to your iPhone and directed to the site where it shows your barcode if you have to go back to the browser it will try to refresh and it will ask for it again because it had timed out. Has any of you experienced that? I've had to ask for a paper BP from the gate because of this as it won't let me check in again because i have to refer to my original one which has timed out.
When I first open the link with the barcode, I take a screenshot of it (press lock button and home button together). That way all I need to do is open up the picture; much quicker and easier than trying to fumble with refreshing the website.
Old Apr 16, 09, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
What do you know? Finally, the mobile site does work on an iPhone.

Would love to see an iPhone app too. Don't know if we will see it to soon. I would love to see a UA one as well, but I'm not really counting on that one either.
Old Apr 16, 09, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adrian2611 View Post
I don't like the fact if you had checked in via mobile and sent your BP to your iPhone and directed to the site where it shows your barcode if you have to go back to the browser it will try to refresh and it will ask for it again because it had timed out.
This guy has gotta write code, do you think? Just too many logic threads in this one sentence.
Old Apr 16, 09, 7:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, RBC Rewards, OnePass, Marriott Silver
Not sure if they fixed it, but I had posted a gripe some time ago about OLCI on the iPhone and how it wouldn't recognize the letter R in the name fields. At the time you couldn't even access mobile.aircanada.com from the iPhone's browser. I assume this has been fixed in the mobile site, but I'm wondering if it's still the case on the regular site. Anyone tried it lately?

Thread is here
Old Apr 17, 09, 4:58 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
I use my iPhone to check-in and don't bother showing the 'bar code'. Simply displaying the e-mail seems to do the trick.

BTW - I'm not sure it's technically a 'bar-code' ... comments anyone?
Old Apr 17, 09, 10:41 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
The only two places I have ever seen the barcode used is YUL (actually scanned) and the super human andrioid YVR CASTA agents who look at the barcode, scan them with their eyes, then wirelessly verify with AC's computer system, before let you go through security.

Plus, they can do this in multiple languages, keeping to the theme of YVR

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: