Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well, slightly OT as this is for my BB...

I downloaded the AC mobile app for my Bold 9700 and when I go to activate the account through my email, it gives me the following msg:

"Air Canada mobile+ is only available from mobile devices."

Sorry it took some time to answer. A handful of customers have voiced similar concerns in the past and one fix that has worked for most of them is resetting their browser settings as follows:

Open your BlackBerry mobile browser
Hit the BlackBerry menu button
Click on "Options"
Click on "Browser Configuration"
Make sure the "Browser" setting is set to "Internet Browser"
Make sure the "Browser Identification" is set to "BlackBerry"

This should fix the issue. If not, please let us know so that we can further troubleshoot the problem with you. This happens to any device that can change it's user identity. iPhones cant so not a problem for them (Steve isn't allowing it yet!)

As for it being OT because its a iPhone thread.... I don't mind answering. hopefully others don't mind either. Flyer Talk seems to have very nice ppl.

Regards and happy flying,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aircanadamobile
As for it being OT because its a iPhone thread.... I don't mind answering. hopefully others don't mind either. Flyer Talk seems to have very nice ppl.
If it was for anyone else but the 'nomad!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Milage Plan; Hhonors;
Originally Posted by OnMedic
Yes, I am switching to Android and I hope something comes soon!
ANy update on an Android app?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:03 pm

Not yet, but its on our radar!. We have a huge wishlist (hundreds of items) we wan to do an android app, but we want to do it right, not just throw one out to say we have one!

Same thing goes for the iPad app!

Air Canada Mobile
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:45 pm

Lightbulb Suggestion: scan 2d barcodes to add itinerary

A suggested functionality: When an itinerary is booked on aircanada.com through a PC, it would be neat to use the iPhone app to take a snapshot of the generated 2D barcode on the itinerary record, resulting in all flights in that itinerary being added to the monitored flights list.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sorry it took some time to answer. A handful of customers have voiced similar concerns in the past and one fix that has worked for most of them is resetting their browser settings as follows:

Open your BlackBerry mobile browser
Hit the BlackBerry menu button
Click on "Options"
Click on "Browser Configuration"
Make sure the "Browser" setting is set to "Internet Browser"
Make sure the "Browser Identification" is set to "BlackBerry"

This should fix the issue. If not, please let us know so that we can further troubleshoot the problem with you. This happens to any device that can change it's user identity. iPhones cant so not a problem for them (Steve isn't allowing it yet!)

Air Canada Mobile
Thank you - this worked ^
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
In the Flight Details section, it would be nice to see the seat assignment if there is one.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
In the Flight Details section, it would be nice to see the seat assignment if there is one.
Hi Nomad,

This would be a very cool feature, and one that we would want to bring in the future. We have some ongoing projects now, all that will add some cool new stuff to the app. This however will not be available yet, but this or something like it should be available hopefully this year.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Heads up to those using the Blackberry application. There is an update available but from my experience today, the update process deletes all data -- gone is My Settings information and My Flights

I was running V2.00 and have a number of upcoming flights recorded in My Flights. This morning I got a notice that an update to V2.20 was available, would I like to update. AFAIK, there was no warning that my data would get deleted during the update. So I clicked YES and was updated to V2.20. Imagine my surprise and frustration to find that after the update, ALL my personal data and My Flight information is gone! This is totally unacceptable.

Sign me very frustrated.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by P_Investor
Heads up to those using the Blackberry application. There is an update available but from my experience today, the update process deletes all data -- gone is My Settings information and My Flights

I was running V2.00 and have a number of upcoming flights recorded in My Flights. This morning I got a notice that an update to V2.20 was available, would I like to update. AFAIK, there was no warning that my data would get deleted during the update. So I clicked YES and was updated to V2.20. Imagine my surprise and frustration to find that after the update, ALL my personal data and My Flight information is gone! This is totally unacceptable.

Sign me very frustrated.
Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that, we didn't not know that would happen when it was released. The point of the validation feature if for when you add a flight while offline, we can now check to make sure that flight still exists. While we cannot get your flights back we would like you to know how very sorry we are. We do understand that this is extremely frustrating.

Regards,
Air Canada Mobile
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:53 am

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that, we didn't not know that would happen when it was released. The point of the validation feature if for when you add a flight while offline, we can now check to make sure that flight still exists. While we cannot get your flights back we would like you to know how very sorry we are. We do understand that this is extremely frustrating.

Regards,
Air Canada Mobile
It was rather inconvenient. However, my question is when you are planning to support touchscreens on BB. The Torch has been out for over 6 months now; how are you guys still not be able to support it?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE
I think I've found a bug in the iPhone app... I've upgraded one leg of my flight with my eUpgrade points. Flight shows as upgraded on the bookings section of the website, but when I went to do mobile checkin, it is still showing me in economy.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by hjohnson
I think I've found a bug in the iPhone app... I've upgraded one leg of my flight with my eUpgrade points. Flight shows as upgraded on the bookings section of the website, but when I went to do mobile checkin, it is still showing me in economy.

Any thoughts?
To be clear, does the website show only the segment in R, or is there a duplicate segment in your original booking class?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YYZC2
To be clear, does the website show only the segment in R, or is there a duplicate segment in your original booking class?
Web site only shows the segment in R... iPhone app shows me in 18K, which is what I picked when I originally booked the ticket.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Have you chosen you new seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.