Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits


Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun


International


eUpgrade Clearance Windows


Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:56 am
  #166  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Canada
Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Posts: 14,344
Better to call in my opinion since time is better for dial in (ie earlier possible) than for log in.

1 cert = origin to destination, not round trip
BlondeBomber is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2009, 6:18 am
  #167  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Programs: Aeroplan Elite (Star Alliance Gold), Starwood Elite Platinum, Marriott Silver
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Better to call in my opinion since time is better for dial in (ie earlier possible) than for log in.

1 cert = origin to destination, not round trip
I just called and worked like a charm. But I noticed my name disappeared from my online booking #. Will I get a new one or are they just playing with it? Thanks!

A question I had, as Elite, I understand you can call 4 days before but does it allow you to upgrade your return flight as well? (which might be more than 4 days before).
Daemon is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:42 am
  #168  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Posts: 16,838
Originally Posted by Daemon
A question I had, as Elite, I understand you can call 4 days before but does it allow you to upgrade your return flight as well? (which might be more than 4 days before).
No - you must call or do it on-line again for your return flight four days prior to its departure.
The Lev is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:11 pm
  #169  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: c_9 (new FlyerTalk name)
Posts: 694
Small thing I just learned which may or may not be widely-known:

I was on the upgrade waitlist starting 4 days out for my YYZ-YVR flight tomorrow. This morning my online booking upgrade status changed from waitlisted to upgraded, but I didn't have a seat assigned and couldn't use the online seat changer to pick one - it stuck to the Y cabin since that's where I was already sitting.

I checked in online and then decided maybe I should call to get my seat (and ensure I didn't screw something up!) and they got me my seat, but she needed to cancel my OLCI and then make the change, and afterwards I needed to complete the OLCI a second time.

So: got your upgrade but no seat yet? Don't use OLCI yet, call in and get your seat!

If I hadn't, I don't know what would have happened. Probably everything would have been fine, he said naively.
cam_macleod is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:58 pm
  #170  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: YOW
Programs: AC E75K *G
Posts: 7,129
Originally Posted by cam_macleod
Small thing I just learned which may or may not be widely-known:

I was on the upgrade waitlist starting 4 days out for my YYZ-YVR flight tomorrow. This morning my online booking upgrade status changed from waitlisted to upgraded, but I didn't have a seat assigned and couldn't use the online seat changer to pick one - it stuck to the Y cabin since that's where I was already sitting.

I checked in online and then decided maybe I should call to get my seat (and ensure I didn't screw something up!) and they got me my seat, but she needed to cancel my OLCI and then make the change, and afterwards I needed to complete the OLCI a second time.

So: got your upgrade but no seat yet? Don't use OLCI yet, call in and get your seat!

If I hadn't, I don't know what would have happened. Probably everything would have been fine, he said naively.
There is often a lag between the switch to "upgraded" and the ability to actually select seats. In your case, the fact you had checked in may (or may not) have been an additional complication, but the phenomenon is not new.
zorn is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:57 am
  #171  
ABG
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Posts: 4,759
Say good bye to I class for upgrade space with certs..... R class will come into effect on 15 Sept. Zorn, pls update the 1st post

Last edited by ABG; Sep 2, 2009 at 11:00 am Reason: typo
ABG is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:41 am
  #172  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,381
Originally Posted by ABG
Say good bye to I class for upgrade space with certs..... R class with come into effect on 15 Sept. Zorn, pls update the 1st post
R class? What are the differences?
King Chung Huang is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:53 pm
  #173  
ABG
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Posts: 4,759
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
R class? What are the differences?
I assume it will be managed in the same way I class is right now.

From what I remember:
I and X are going to Aeroplan
M and U are going to Tango Plus
B is going to Latitude
D is going to executive class
A is history

I am sure the M, U and B changes will make the application of the 2009 upg certs confusing for the balance of their validity
ABG is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:31 pm
  #174  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YYZ at this time
Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Posts: 6,285
I think this deserves it's own thread at this point-in-time ... big change if it happens.
PreferBulkhead is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:57 pm
  #175  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,381
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
I think this deserves it's own thread at this point-in-time ... big change if it happens.
Yeah, first I've heard of this. Was this discussed before? I must've missed the chatter.
King Chung Huang is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:00 pm
  #176  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Programs: AC*SE
Posts: 1,967
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
I think this deserves it's own thread at this point-in-time ... big change if it happens.
Forgive my ignorance on this but...why would AC change around their class categories? and what impact will it really have in the end (other than rejigging what classes are on the certs)? I would assume this won't lead to massive price increases or a lowering of the total # of seats...

Just trying to get my head around this!
CdnFlier is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:33 pm
  #177  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YYZ at this time
Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Posts: 6,285
Possibly alignment with *A? I think they were not in alignment on that.
PreferBulkhead is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:41 pm
  #178  
Company Representative - Air Canada
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Canada
Posts: 24,215
Classes are being realigned with other Star Alliance carriers.
Andrew Yiu is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:43 pm
  #179  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YYZ at this time
Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Posts: 6,285
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Classes are being realigned with other Star Alliance carriers.
Thanks Andrew. Any formal statement as to what the changes will actually be?
PreferBulkhead is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:00 pm
  #180  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Programs: AC*SE
Posts: 1,967
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
Possibly alignment with *A? I think they were not in alignment on that.
Ah so now instead of talking about I I can talk about R... well.. good enough then!
CdnFlier is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.