Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Better to call in my opinion since time is better for dial in (ie earlier possible) than for log in.

1 cert = origin to destination, not round trip
Old Aug 15, 2009, 6:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite (Star Alliance Gold), Starwood Elite Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Better to call in my opinion since time is better for dial in (ie earlier possible) than for log in.

1 cert = origin to destination, not round trip
I just called and worked like a charm. But I noticed my name disappeared from my online booking #. Will I get a new one or are they just playing with it? Thanks!

A question I had, as Elite, I understand you can call 4 days before but does it allow you to upgrade your return flight as well? (which might be more than 4 days before).
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Daemon
A question I had, as Elite, I understand you can call 4 days before but does it allow you to upgrade your return flight as well? (which might be more than 4 days before).
No - you must call or do it on-line again for your return flight four days prior to its departure.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:11 pm

Small thing I just learned which may or may not be widely-known:

I was on the upgrade waitlist starting 4 days out for my YYZ-YVR flight tomorrow. This morning my online booking upgrade status changed from waitlisted to upgraded, but I didn't have a seat assigned and couldn't use the online seat changer to pick one - it stuck to the Y cabin since that's where I was already sitting.

I checked in online and then decided maybe I should call to get my seat (and ensure I didn't screw something up!) and they got me my seat, but she needed to cancel my OLCI and then make the change, and afterwards I needed to complete the OLCI a second time.

So: got your upgrade but no seat yet? Don't use OLCI yet, call in and get your seat!

If I hadn't, I don't know what would have happened. Probably everything would have been fine, he said naively.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by cam_macleod
Small thing I just learned which may or may not be widely-known:

I was on the upgrade waitlist starting 4 days out for my YYZ-YVR flight tomorrow. This morning my online booking upgrade status changed from waitlisted to upgraded, but I didn't have a seat assigned and couldn't use the online seat changer to pick one - it stuck to the Y cabin since that's where I was already sitting.

I checked in online and then decided maybe I should call to get my seat (and ensure I didn't screw something up!) and they got me my seat, but she needed to cancel my OLCI and then make the change, and afterwards I needed to complete the OLCI a second time.

So: got your upgrade but no seat yet? Don't use OLCI yet, call in and get your seat!

If I hadn't, I don't know what would have happened. Probably everything would have been fine, he said naively.
There is often a lag between the switch to "upgraded" and the ability to actually select seats. In your case, the fact you had checked in may (or may not) have been an additional complication, but the phenomenon is not new.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:57 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Say good bye to I class for upgrade space with certs..... R class will come into effect on 15 Sept. Zorn, pls update the 1st post

Last edited by ABG; Sep 2, 2009 at 11:00 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ABG
Say good bye to I class for upgrade space with certs..... R class with come into effect on 15 Sept. Zorn, pls update the 1st post
R class? What are the differences?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:53 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
R class? What are the differences?
I assume it will be managed in the same way I class is right now.

From what I remember:
I and X are going to Aeroplan
M and U are going to Tango Plus
B is going to Latitude
D is going to executive class
A is history

I am sure the M, U and B changes will make the application of the 2009 upg certs confusing for the balance of their validity
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
I think this deserves it's own thread at this point-in-time ... big change if it happens.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
I think this deserves it's own thread at this point-in-time ... big change if it happens.
Yeah, first I've heard of this. Was this discussed before? I must've missed the chatter.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Forgive my ignorance on this but...why would AC change around their class categories? and what impact will it really have in the end (other than rejigging what classes are on the certs)? I would assume this won't lead to massive price increases or a lowering of the total # of seats...

Just trying to get my head around this!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:33 pm

Possibly alignment with *A? I think they were not in alignment on that.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:41 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Classes are being realigned with other Star Alliance carriers.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Classes are being realigned with other Star Alliance carriers.
Thanks Andrew. Any formal statement as to what the changes will actually be?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Possibly alignment with *A? I think they were not in alignment on that.
Ah so now instead of talking about I I can talk about R... well.. good enough then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.