Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by ABG
A is history
By eliminating a fare class does this mean we will soon be able to see R availability on Seatcounter? I believe the issue had been AC had 21 fare classes but Seatcounter could only display 20.

If yes, then ^
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
I am sure the M, U and B changes will make the application of the 2009 upg certs confusing for the balance of their validity
That can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on who you ask.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:46 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Sorry folks... I don't have an offical statement to share with you.
Your upgrades are going to R class and your reward seats will be X and I

Not sure how this will effect the tools some of you use to map our your plans.

As for the certs... Well, i'm sure they gate agents will be confused for the first month or so. Good luck to all!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:39 pm

KVS still doesn't show R--I suppose it will, once the changes are implemented
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ABG
Sorry folks... I don't have an offical statement to share with you.
Your upgrades are going to R class and your reward seats will be X and I

Not sure how this will effect the tools some of you use to map our your plans.

As for the certs... Well, i'm sure they gate agents will be confused for the first month or so. Good luck to all!
So all 3 changes are taking place on 9/15? Searches on EF for flights on 9/20 still show D,W and I classes.

and is R for all upgrades? Miles and Certs?

Last edited by lopinc1; Sep 4, 2009 at 12:05 pm
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lopinc1
So all 3 changes are taking place on 9/15? Searches on EF for flights on 9/20 still show D,W and I classes.

and is R for all upgrades? Miles and Certs?
1. I doubt EF has made any changes yet
2. You cannot upgrade on AC for miles
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: no status
I am about to book a trip within Canada (ywg-yeg) in early October and when I select to show only fares upgradeable with a NAU, this includes Tango Plus as well. Can this be correct, and will I be able to upgrade at the time of booking?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:59 pm

I see EF updated I->R today as well.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:25 pm

New elite, questions re SSWU

A friend who recently got early Elite recog yet has no idea what to do re SSWU ug. I have been *P with AC but have never been *E and have no reference.

I selected the SSWU and 50% bonus for her last week.

She's flying FLL-YVR Nov 1st. I'm deciding whether she should pay a 15% premium to fly AC vs CO.

Routing would be FLL-YUL-YYZ-YVR.

1. Is that just one SSWU?
2. She is to call 4 days prior to get on list. How does it work if there is no R on FLL-YUL for example? Can she confirm just the legs that are available?
3. It's mid week and the longest portion in on 77L. I know the suites are a real bonus. She is not expected to travel too much rest of the year.
4. Any other points to consider?

Thanks for your input
Old Oct 2, 2009, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
She's flying FLL-YVR Nov 1st. I'm deciding whether she should pay a 15% premium to fly AC vs CO.
1. She can use 1 SSWU for the entire journey (assuming she is not stopping over in any of these cities on her segment run).
2. She can confirm some of the legs at 4 days and the remainder could clear or more likely will clear at the airport.
3. Sounds like an excellent use of SSWU given the routing and particularly if the scores the 777
4. She needs to book in Tango Plus to be able to upgrade.

Pay the 15% extra! Likely worth it just in terms of the Aeroplan miles on a routing like this even if she doesn't get upgraded. That's almost 4,000 Status Miles each way plus an extra 2,000 if you signed her up for the 50% bonus.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: AC*75K, Hhonors Diamond
Hi everyone,

Our office manager manages the upgrade certificates for people in our office. She accidentally gave me the wrong paper SWU - it was a colleagues name on it, not mine!

Whats the best way to actually get to use the cert, or am I out of luck? Any experiences from people about AC making exceptions in cases such as this one?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by rpeatt
Hi everyone,

Our office manager manages the upgrade certificates for people in our office. She accidentally gave me the wrong paper SWU - it was a colleagues name on it, not mine!

Whats the best way to actually get to use the cert, or am I out of luck? Any experiences from people about AC making exceptions in cases such as this one?

Most likely a NO GO; however some folks report that many times the gate do not check the name on the cert. Your call' bum in seat or bum being asked to leave by some pissed off agent making a scene in the cabin.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by rpeatt
Hi everyone,

I think I know why they control your certs and its the wrong name. I have this issue as well.

Example a business pass package, you get upgrade certs for every 10 coupons used. Though the person whom paid gets the certs, none of the other users of the pass.

Which is another AC non thought out idea.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: AC*75K, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by getaround
Most likely a NO GO; however some folks report that many times the gate do not check the name on the cert. Your call' bum in seat or bum being asked to leave by some pissed off agent making a scene in the cabin.
Think I'll have more luck being honest about it, or more luck taking my chances with the gate agent and OLCI?

This was an honest mistake, but I don't want to make a scene. I'll be reasonable about it, I just hope they are too
Old Dec 24, 2009, 5:10 pm

deleted

Last edited by global happy traveller; Dec 25, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.