Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Originally Posted by YOWser
I don't have time to have a nice lady from India walk me thru my web browser config again. How long will this travesty continue? AC needs to post official notice of recognition of a problem and a schedule for resolution ASAP.
This is very amateurish behavior for a 21st century business!
Everyone with this problem should email tech support from the customer care section on the ac.com homepage. This has been going on for a week and we need to get more of their attention here. The lack of attention and horrible call center support is pretty disgracegful.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
The Indian Tech support is fairly useless until you get to supervisor level and the useless natuare almost lost AC business in Dec..

Fortunately, I do not take no for an answer and finally get connected with tech support in Montreal 2-3 hours later...

I have been told by an AC reservation rep that if there were problems (non-flight pass) you can ask Indian technical support to put you through to Canadian reservations...
You can also dial the French tech support number which will get you through to Montreal (at least in my experience) right away.

And YOWser: If your problem is the same as everyone else's it isn't a browser configuration problem. Are you sure the "back door" doesn't work for you? It seems at least to allow everyone else to log on.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried the French language route for lost QC 2 headphones thinking that I would avoid the offshore lost baggage centre.

Much to my surprise the call went through to a French language person working from India. I know because I asked where the call was situated.

I don't know where the French language technical support is situated.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by diddy
It's still not working from the main sign in page. However, if you go 'through the back door' by going through the ticket buying process, then signing in at that point, it will work.
I still can't get in. What if I want to modify a rexervation - do I go 90% throgu a booking then just not complete it?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by diddy
Everyone with this problem should email tech support from the customer care section on the ac.com homepage. This has been going on for a week and we need to get more of their attention here. The lack of attention and horrible call center support is pretty disgracegful.
When I try either this link or e-mail on the customer care page I get redirected to Rx Web Search - whatever that is. What is gonig on here?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting that I don't seem to have a problem. Using Firefox on Linux, while they claim "some features of this site will not work because your browser is not compatible."

Of course, I would bet Firefox is much more compatible with the html standards than IE... Maybe they are finally doing something right and they are following the standards?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA PLT, UA 2P
FlightPass: What worked for me

Thanks for all the advice here. I have sent AC a complaint Email, but let me document the particular sequence of events that seemed to work for me:

1. Select change password from AC.com login page
2. Got redirected to a page hosted on AE.com where I changed my password
(curiously, the old password always worked fine on AE.com, even thru this AC.com snafu)
3. Make a trial booking and (finally) successfully login using new password via "back door" approach documented here
4. Go back to home page (effectively cancelling the trial booking)
5. Try to access my flight-pass and get yet another error message I hadn't seen before
6. Undaunted, browse around AC.com a bit more while still logged in
7. Second attempt at clicking on my flight-pass button works

There were a few more seemingly random glitches in making a real flight-pass reservation but some creative retrying of other itineraries finally let me complete a booking. What a mess!

If I wanted to play a web-based adventure game on my PC, I would have bought one - but this pathetic sequence of events is not my idea of an acceptable user experience for a seemingly modern e-business.

Hope this helps others in my situation (seems to be mostly SE's caught in this snare).

In the meantime, shame on AC's IT for this pathetic long-standing authentication outage, and shame on AC's management for not being more forthright about this serious issue!

Not only has AC lost several reservation fees as a result of this, but two cross-continental flights as well because Expedia offered routes on AA which were more convenient.

How long will this travesty last? How much more inconvenience are AC's top-tier customers who have already pre-paid for their flights supposed to tolerate?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I heard that AC tech support in India is outsourced IBM service which means the call center may not have the same objectives and drivers as AC.

Also having working with some Indian collegues, some are great but some are not so good but do not want to admit that they don't know something and try to bluff their way out of it... I guess it is the Asian lose face thing...
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:04 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
We should file complaints against the Indian Call Center

I heard that AC has been getting a lot of complaints about the Indian Call center for tech support and is reconsidering that decision. I would have no trouble using the Indian call center if they were competent, but I am sorry, they are NOT.

I suggest that anyone who have had a bad experience with the flight passes and IT reservations that resulted in long and frustrating time with the Indian call center to file a complaint formally either via the SE desk or on customer care. Some indication seems to say that the Indian call center is trying to minimize the number of complaints so some may not have been fully recorded to the level of frustration and loss of business.. The more formal complaints AC has and concrete examples where they were losing business via the IT/ Indian tech support, maybe the faster AC will reconsider the decision for the Indian Call Center.

Sometimes the cost savings are not worth losing customers for...

Last edited by Snoopyo; Jan 30, 2006 at 5:21 am
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am going to take the suggestion to report the Indian Call Technical Support Centre for less than optimal service.

It has been done already.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:49 am

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Thumbs down

Ok, this is bordering on the preposterous.

We complain about meal orders and ICs not introducing themselves, but this is ridiculous.

For weeks now, many AC customers have not been able to login to their website.

From an AC perspective, this is bad as some may go book elsewhere.

(no need for editorial comments from the obvious party who may suggest that this was done on purpose to earn $25 telephone booking fees. Consider this an op-ed.)

From the customer perspective, this is ridiculous.

Any excuse like "IBM can't reproduce the problem" is nonsense. They know who most of us are. They could call us, get our passwords, login, and see what sections of the code are or are not being hit.

The CIO at Air Canada should be terminated for this nonsense having dragged on for so long. If our customers couldn't access their systems for weeks on end, we certainly would have been.

Old Feb 4, 2006, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon

The CIO at Air Canada should be terminated for this nonsense having dragged on for so long. If our customers couldn't access their systems for weeks on end, we certainly would have been.

CIO should have been terminated ages ago. That she has not is symptomatic of an IT-clueless culture going higher up.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 8:32 am

Tech support is not the issue. By now most, at least those of us on this Board, know at least a couple of 'work arounds'.

The issue is the AC.com site is not functioning properly and has not been for at least 2 weeks.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
ac.com works just fine. The only thing is that it is very limiting, in terms of giving you the flexibility to book what you want, and unfortunately you do see the limitations right in front of you through the automatic disabling of radio buttons that you could press etc. User friendly, yet aggravating.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: BBC World News
Thumbs down "an error has occured while processing your request. please try again later"

Tried to logon last night to upgrade Flight pass booking. No dice. Spoke with the subcontinent and they were unable to rectify. Transferred to to a booking agent who made the change. Tried to go on today to change flight, no dice.

Getting tired of this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.