FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The "THANKS Concierge!" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/21863-thanks-concierge-thread.html)

IluvSQ Oct 15, 2010 12:55 pm

A further thank you to YVR concierge team.
I was coming in from Seoul at 11:00 AM, and booked on 3:00 PM departure to YYZ,
since that was the only flight that had R space when I booked for immed upgrade.
I sent an email to them before I left Seoul asking them to try to change me to the
2:00 PM flight ( J2, all other classes 0 when I left), which also had the advantage
of being a flight with pods instead of a 321.
When I got off the plane in YVR, a concierge was there with a new boarding pass and
luggage tags for the 2:00 PM flight.
Nexus ( with secondary inspection), bags off the belt fast, retagged and re-checked,
all done within 30 minutes of touchdown.
Great service, great experience! ( And a good crew on AC 64 as well).
AC is improving. Now if they can only do something about the IFE.
Moving around Asia on CX, SQ, TG, and OZ makes one realize how far behind
AC is on IFE. 4 reboots on my flight today.

IluvSQ Dec 1, 2011 12:48 pm

Can't believe no-one has posted in this thread since my last post over a year ago.

Two days ago I landed in JFK, with a connection from LGA to YYZ. When I turned on my
Blackberry, there was an email from AC telling me that my LGA-YYZ flight at 3:30 PM
was cancelled, and they had put me on the 4:30 PM. There was also a voice mail
from the concierge offering to put me on the 2:30 instead. I called her back, told
her I was at the carousel awaiting luggage, and that I would be fine with that.
She then called me back 5 minutes later, telling me there was space at 1:30 ( it
was now 11:30 AM) and asking if I wanted that. I said yes, luggage came out 5 minutes
later, and I was at LGA by 12:15. The concierge ( Maria) was waiting for me at the counter with luggage tag and boarding pass in hand.

After some 31 hours in transit that was much appreciated!

hearna Dec 1, 2011 1:01 pm

YEG = Best concierge of the year! (Debbie)

Not saying others did not do their jobs, but she always seems to go the extra mile!

chavada Dec 1, 2011 1:05 pm

The "THANKS Concierge!

I have heard about Concierges, but in 4 trips into YVR from ICN, I have never seen one. I only fly in J, sometimes with a partner, but just never seen them. As everyone knows, J fares transpacific are not cheap, and at $ 5,000.00 you'd think maybe someone would wave at you, or just see if all is well.

Jasper2009 Dec 1, 2011 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by chavada (Post 17548635)
I have heard about Concierges, but in 4 trips into YVR from ICN, I have never seen one. I only fly in J, sometimes with a partner, but just never seen them. As everyone knows, J fares transpacific are not cheap, and at $ 5,000.00 you'd think maybe someone would wave at you, or just see if all is well.

Well, the main point of the concierges is to be there when things go wrong like bad weather, flight cancellations/delays, missed connections...There are only a few concierges around at a time, so expecting them to welcome arriving J pax is - letīs put it nicely - a little unrealistic.

You donīt even get that kind of service on most carriers when flying F...

jlisi984 Dec 1, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 17548967)
Well, the main point of the concierges is to be there when things go wrong like bad weather, flight cancellations/delays, missed connections...There are only a few concierges around at a time, so expecting them to welcome arriving J pax is - letīs put it nicely - a little unrealistic.

You donīt even get that kind of service on most carriers when flying F...

+1 Usually though when you're deplaning int'l there's one around

NAJetSet Dec 1, 2011 7:07 pm

^+Betty in YVR
^Gale in YYC

CdnFlier Dec 1, 2011 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by hearna (Post 17548602)
YEG = Best concierge of the year! (Debbie)

Not saying others did not do their jobs, but she always seems to go the extra mile!

+1 and Sandy and Kim! But then these are the folks I talk to most often, Toonto has been pretty helpful as well but I can never keep track of individual conceirges but both Annes have been quite helpful.

jlisi984 Dec 1, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks to the YYC concierge team. :D ^

Look for my picture on the wall next time you're through. It should be there soon. ;)

ylwae Dec 1, 2011 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984 (Post 17550963)
Look for my picture on the wall next time you're through. It should be there soon. ;)

Is there a wall of fame in the YYC lounge? I've never seen it. Or is it just going to be you :) ?

jlisi984 Dec 1, 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ylwae (Post 17551037)
Is there a wall of fame in the YYC lounge? I've never seen it. Or is it just going to be you :) ?

Not the lounge... The concierge office. :)

jlisi984 Dec 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks to the YYC concierge team for checking in two friends (Y pax), giving them lounge passes, and getting them the bulkhead row! ^

NAJetSet Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984 (Post 17719316)
Thanks to the YYC concierge team for checking in two friends (Y pax), giving them lounge passes, and getting them the bulkhead row! ^

Thanks Gale and Nick and the whole team for a great year!

NAJetSet Dec 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks Janice, John, Glenn and the whole YWG team for a great year!

Special Thank You to Betty@YVR for going far far far above and beyond numerous times this year.

lespoir Dec 31, 2011 2:40 am

This thread is a beautiful idea. I would extend my thanks to the concierges at YYC, LHR, FRA, YVR, ORD, for all the great helps.