FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The "THANKS Concierge!" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/21863-thanks-concierge-thread.html)

mendy7511 Mar 15, 2012 5:48 pm

shout out to Sandi at YEG.
She called me twice today to update me as my flight to YVR has been delayed.
When the later flight ended up being before mine, she came to the lounge to give me a new BP for the earlier flight.^

NordsFan Mar 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks to Anne R and Cheryl G at YYZ for saving our bacon today and helping us make our cnx to AC868 coming off of AC8909 which was delayed 90minutes exYQB because of massive fog.

My travel companion, who is E, was very impressed..."I just got an email from AC saying we were rebooked on an evening flight to LHR"....I told him to never mind that nonsense and trust in the concierges.

It worked out and we made it for pints in London before closing time.

ylwae Mar 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by mendy7511 (Post 18208944)
shout out to Sandi at YEG.
She called me twice today to update me as my flight to YVR has been delayed.[...]

I continue to be impressed by actions like this. No concierges have ever called me, on their own initiative, for any reason.

jlisi984 Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you to the YYC Concierge team!

Yesterday was my birthday, and they met me on a YYZ-YYC flight on March 22 (Thursday) and had a hand-written card along with two cupcakes and a candle right at the top of the jetbridge!

Surely had some peculiar looks. ;)

Jan

jlisi984 Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ylwae (Post 18221079)
I continue to be impressed by actions like this. No concierges have ever called me, on their own initiative, for any reason.

Concierges call me quite frequently if there's something wrong.

- YYC-YOW was delayed, got a call
- YYC-YVR was cancelled, got a call and was moved to the earlier flight (connecting to SEA)

mendy7511 Mar 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984 (Post 18266070)
Thank you to the YYC Concierge team!

Yesterday was my birthday, and they met me on a YYZ-YYC flight on March 22 (Thursday) and had a hand-written card along with two cupcakes and a candle right at the top of the jetbridge!

Surely had some peculiar looks. ;)

Jan

Happy Birthday Jan!
You are probably on a first name basis with all the YYC crew.

Originally Posted by ylwae (Post 18221079)

I have received calls from YVR, YEG, YYC and YYZ but never from foreign concierges.
The most proactive though are YYC and YEG, they always call when there is a significant delay or cancellation.
YYZ, I have only received a call once when I was in the air and going to miss my connection - got a voice mail that they printed my new BP and directions where to pick it up.
YVR, only once when a flight was late. I got a call after I got to the airport already.

I think the smaller the airport the more likely they will look out for you. At YYZ there is probably hundreds of SE flying through everyday, it would be difficult to call all of them whenever there is a delay although they do have 46 concierges at YYZ.

Academic Jun 15, 2012 11:37 am

Just an "above the call of duty" thanks. My daughter had a delayed flight problem at YVR and asked if I could help. I called the YVR Concierge Office, but only got their answering machine. Unfortunately, when I left my home number, I left the wrong one without realising it :o. I was a bit disappointed when they hadn't called back, but very pleasantly surprised when I checked my cell voicemail and found that someone had tried to call unsuccessfully and then looked up my cell number to try and reach me. Thanks Pat.

hearna Jul 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks to the YVR concierges from moving me off AC64 (YVR-YYZ); overbooked by 12 in Y, 1 seat available in J and 5 SE's ahead of me. Moved me to AC188 (YVR-YOW(Destination)) with a confirmed seat in J (even though R=0?).

jlisi984 Jul 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by hearna (Post 18948685)
Thanks to the YVR concierges from moving me off AC64 (YVR-YYZ); overbooked by 12 in Y, 1 seat available in J and 5 SE's ahead of me. Moved me to AC188 (YVR-YOW(Destination)) with a confirmed seat in J (even though R=0?).

Sounds like they did two good things: make you happy and relieve a heavily overbooked flight. ^^

chavada Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm

I've had great experiences in Seoul with the AC concierges. They know me by name / GREAT and appreciated.

InTheAirGuy Aug 15, 2012 8:44 am

Wow. I love them.

I was just leaving the office. Had an email from AC, something about a change to my flight. It now showed me in booking class B, instead of showing my upgrade (flight pass).

I tried to look at the res online, and it appeared all mucked up.

Called the SE. Downgauged from a 321 to a 320. With that, a bunch of exec seats went poof. Apparently I was out of J, and didn't even have a seat assigned.

I'm SE, and new MM. She said she'd looked into it and call me back.

Ten minutes later, she let me know I have my original seat -- 2F -- back.

Thank you!

yvr76 Aug 21, 2012 10:16 am

5 of us from YHZ YYZ YVR on Sun Aug 19. AC 149 (YYZ YVR) got canceled. Myself and my immediate travel companion (e-upgraded) were put on the next flight in J (AC 33). The 3 other were Tango fares and all were put on standby for later flights (everything was oversold), with 1 being bumped to the next day.

Called the YYZ Concierge (Jann) and managed to get my friend bumped to the next day a confirmed seat on the last flight out Sunday night, and then sorted out my remaining two friends in YYZ at the SE desk. Was great to be able to help out and make sure everyone got home!

ac777 Aug 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks to the YVR concierge I managed to get the upgrades done 7days prior. I was going on a cruise--and the cruise line wanted megabucks for internet access. Since I don't have multiple spouses like Margarita Girl, I called the concierge and they processed it for me while I was away.
I have always had good experience with this group as they have come through all the time (when my requests were reasonable!)

IluvSQ Sep 3, 2012 12:32 am

I am booked on AC 88 today PVG-YYZ. Inbound flight is 6 hours late, and this
one is also scheduled for 6 hour delay. I checked KVS, and saw that the YVR flight
was all sold out. I called the Shanghai concierge, asked her to look into UA (pew!)
through ORD or any other connection to get me in at a decent hour.

15 minutes later the call, and confirming email came, she got me confirmed J seat
on AC 28, and on AC 64 from YVR-YYZ, which is supposed to be a pod.

Thank you!

mileageking Sep 3, 2012 6:35 am

Thanks to Vivienne in HKG. She went out of her way on facilitating a few things for my AC8 flight a week ago. If she is reading this thread, a big thank you. ^