FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The "THANKS Concierge!" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/21863-thanks-concierge-thread.html)

Silvercity Dec 31, 2011 8:45 am

I would like to Thank the AC Concierge in all office across the world. Your Deeication and Service is truly Top Notch. When flying you help make all go right. Wishing you the very best in 2012.^

nobody-elite Dec 31, 2011 10:00 am

I'd like to offer a big thanks to all the LHR Concierges. A super group of people. I miss not seeing David as much now that he is working part time.

I'm not SE but buy LHR passes and usually fly in business class so have the good fortune of meeting up with them on occasion.

acpccl Feb 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Is there a Concierge in PVG?

I just become SE and have never use concierge service before. As I now live in Shanghai and travel often to YYZ, I am wondering whether there is a concierge in PVG just in case in future I may need the help. :)

mendy7511 Feb 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by acpccl (Post 17996914)
I just become SE and have never use concierge service before. As I now live in Shanghai and travel often to YYZ, I am wondering whether there is a concierge in PVG just in case in future I may need the help. :)

There is. On the AE site go to your account, top tier and priority contacts and you can download a pdf will all the phone numbers.

acpccl Feb 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks, Mendy 7511. Find the telephone # in PVG.

hearna Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am

Would like to thank Maggie for her excellent work and dedication even afterhours last night!

tass Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

Big thanks to Liz at YYZ last Friday (Feb. 17) for adding a note for the gate agent when my wife was delayed in customs and for letting me know that the incoming flight to the gate was arriving late. It got rid of a lot of anxiety!

beef Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Three weeks ago at YYC Concierge "Gail" helped my parents in transit to IAH.

She was so helpful I don't even want to disclose the details in case it sets an unrealistic expectation!. Certainly well beyond expectations!

yvr76 Feb 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by beef (Post 18075746)
Three weeks ago at YYC Concierge "Gail" helped my parents in transit to IAH.

She was so helpful I don't even want to disclose the details in case it sets an unrealistic expectation!. Certainly well beyond expectations!

So if you're not travelling with parents, it's ok to ask them to make a request on their behalf?

jlisi984 Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76 (Post 18076868)
So if you're not travelling with parents, it's ok to ask them to make a request on their behalf?

I think so within reason. :) It helps if you knew the concierge personally.

lcohen999 Feb 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Thank you to Angela in ORD.

Even though I was flying on United ticket stock, she spent the time to help me get home earlier!

hearna Feb 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Is there anyway to let AC know when a concierge has gone above and beyond for a customer?

I deff owe a few of them a box of chocolates for christmas!

InTheAirGuy Mar 4, 2012 6:56 am

OMG. I valet parked my car, got through US and in the lounge - and realized I left my iPhone in the car.

The Concierge at T1 managed to get it to me within 15 minutes!

I love these people. And would continue flying AC simply because of efforts like this.

ylwae Mar 4, 2012 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984 (Post 18077207)
I think so within reason. :) It helps if you knew the concierge personally.

It hasn't mattered in the past. I've asked concierges I've never met to help my non-status parents out and they've always graciously obliged.

jlisi984 Mar 4, 2012 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ylwae (Post 18134433)
It hasn't mattered in the past. I've asked concierges I've never met to help my non-status parents out and they've always graciously obliged.

Yes, YMMV, but generally concierges are very very kind and willing to help. :)