FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The "THANKS Concierge!" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/21863-thanks-concierge-thread.html)

Clipper801 Dec 20, 2012 6:25 am

My personal experience with the AC Concierge at HKG has always been exemplary.

canadiancow Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am

Not to derail this thread, but I think a lot of the problems people have with AC is that this should not be a benefit that SEs sometimes get. If you are going to miss a connection through no fault of your own, AC should be proactive about fixing it, regardless of your status.

capedreamer Dec 21, 2012 5:24 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 19893525)
Not to derail this thread, but I think a lot of the problems people have with AC is that this should not be a benefit that SEs sometimes get. If you are going to miss a connection through no fault of your own, AC should be proactive about fixing it, regardless of your status.

In principle, I agree with you 100%. In practice, I've calibrated my expectations to the reality that is the North American airline industry today. If they can just get the basics down, I'm more than happy.

acysb87 Dec 21, 2012 7:57 am

I have never tasted :eek: a concierge.:p

LearningToFly Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am

How interesting is that experience. Just thinking about the one who might have lost his/her seat in the meantime.

djjaguar64 Dec 21, 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 19893525)

^^^

djjaguar64 Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am

Originally Posted by acysb87 (Post 19899305)
I have never tasted :eek: a concierge.:p

:D :p :D

capedreamer Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am

Originally Posted by LearningToFly (Post 19900486)
How interesting is that experience. Just thinking about the one who might have lost his/her seat in the meantime.

Why would someone have lost his/her seat? If anything, my rebooking opened up seats on AC8 and AC138.

kelapstick Jan 10, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks to Louis in PEK for having my boarding pass ready for me during my short transfer, much appreciated!

cflyoung Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm

My thanks are to the LHR concierge, long story but trying to get a flight from YOW to YHZ changed so I could travel with my sister on that leg. Called her at 5.45am London time (had just arrived from SIN), she managed to get me on the same flight and with upgrade intact, and she was just so darn nice about it!

tremhug Jan 20, 2013 2:56 am

yul concierge saved my journey

It's been a tough day firday 18th and I ended up leaving late to the airport. Of course, when you leave late, all the lights are red on the road, etc. Anyway, when I realized I'm closed to airport but not there yet, I call the concierge to see if the flight would be late by any chance. And it was, which gave me little more time...but not much. They were 4 minutes before they'd close the bag checking for this flight. The concierge told me: "Don't go park now, come to the second door in the departure zone and I'll take care of your bag while you go and park your car". It all worked out. I arrived in Sydney and my bag was there. I called the concierge to tell them my gratitude. I rarely use the concierge services, but when I do, they always save my life. It's an awesome perk for SE.

ac777 Jan 20, 2013 10:41 am

Yesterday was flying YUL-YWG-YYC-home airport--flight was delayed leaving YUL--so I was going to miss my connection in YWG--but the flight attendant said that I was on the aircraft which was going to go to YYC--so I should stay on board. Done!! Then I realized my home town connection will not be doable as I'll have 10 mins or less to get across YYC airport.(B gates to A gates) Asked the flight attendant to contact concierge in YYC ( always they come through when needed) She said she didn't know what can be done. Then just before landing came over and said " they have been back to us and they'll hold the flight for you". On arrival in YYC there was a concierge waiting for me and accompanied me to the connecting desk where there was somebody else waiting to take me to the aircraft.( yes the flight was held) The YYC concierge are really great and are always there when I need them. Thanks.

BarrieTravelGuy Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Montreal Concierge

Hi FT'ers. Does anyone know if the Montreal Concierge changed their phone number. I'm calling the one on my card (valid till Feb 28 this year) and it says its been disconnected? If you happen to have it and can PM it that would be awesome. Thanks!

lcohen999 Jan 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by sjhanlon (Post 20135235)
Hi FT'ers. Does anyone know if the Montreal Concierge changed their phone number. I'm calling the one on my card (valid till Feb 28 this year) and it says its been disconnected? If you happen to have it and can PM it that would be awesome. Thanks!

sent you a PM

tremhug Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by sjhanlon (Post 20135235)

Yes, they did change it. But when I tried to call last time, the new number was in the Bell message that says they been disconnected. Just call the old number and you will get the new one. I don't have it near me.