FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The "THANKS Concierge!" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/21863-thanks-concierge-thread.html)

ckccan Nov 14, 2007 8:33 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber (Post 8726011)
Thanks to all the concierges I never see -- working behind the scenes to get me where I want to go faster!^

Like today when I called to get earlier flights (outbound and return) on Tango Plus fares on oversold Jazz flights YYC-YEG-YYC. Got boarding passes on both flights (one on arrival at the desk and the other I had to wait for the plane to load before the GA issued the lone boarding pass). I have yet to be charged for any same day change since becoming SE again. That has involved at least 8 same day changes.:)

I hvae ALWAYS been charged for changes this year - even where there was what I consider extenuating circumstances (very sick Mrs. ckccan necessitating an early trip home to YYZ from YUL.)
I find the concierges in YOW, YYZ, and limited experience in YUL to be unhelpful, beligerent and rude at times with a roughly one in ten chance of finding someone friendly/helpful. I don't call or ask unless I absolutely need their help for fear of being chastised or accused of trying to "get something for free - change/upg etc).
On the other hand, concierges in YVR, NRT, ORD, SFO, SYD, LGA, YHZ have always been absolutely wonderful whether I've needed their help or they go out of their way to say hello, or get me a better seat assignment without my asking etc.

macFlyer May 1, 2008 5:46 pm

Amazing Service x 2

I couldn't decide where to post this, but figured this thread would make the best home (I considered posting here and here too for those who are looking for similar sorts of stuff). It might also help revive this thread...

Just had two wonderful experiences a week apart. I emailed this off to customer service just now and thought some of you might appreciate it too (if not just to laugh at the utter lack of co-ordination and memory skills on the part of me and Mrs. macFlyer!)
Hello there,

My name is macFlyer. My wife and I are both Super Elites and we wanted to drop you a quick line to pass on our appreciation and amazement at the service of the concierges in both YYZ and LHR. We've had the pleasure of using the concierges many times but the last two trips we've had really highlighted the extra-ordinary lengths these super heros of customer service go to!

Our last trip from LHR-YYZ we found Ida and Manisha, along with Kelvin to be so wonderfully helpful. All of them went the extra mile to help us out with my sister who was traveling with us as our guest. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and they proactively suggested solutions and generally cared for us wonderfully. On my sister's return flight home, even though she wasn't traveling with us, one of the concierges met her upon arrival, helped her with her luggage and showed her the arrivals lounge. My sister, who had suffered serious back injuries, called me from London to rave about the wonderful angel who had helped her. This impressed my wife and I so much as we hadn't contacted the staff and requested their help, they simply remembered her traveling with us on the outbound trip and must have made a mental note to look after her on her return. Bravo London concierges!

However, the true icing on the cake was yesterday on our trip from YYZ - LHR. My wife and I always travel together with our 1 year old daughter which often has its challenges (she's nearly super elite on segments alone! She just completed her 60th flight in 6 months yesterday!) On this particular trip we stayed at the Sheraton Gateway hotel at the airport. For one reason or another, we ended up dreadfully behind schedule, to the point that I thought we might miss the 8am cutoff for checking in on the 9am flight. I called the YYZ concierges and was instantly calmed down and reassured! The concierge (whose name I am ashamed to say I have forgotten) immediately contacted the concierge who was on checkin and explained our situation. As I took the shuttle from T3 to T1 all our passport information was entered over the phone and baggage tags were printed. As I ran to the check in desk, Shirley was there waiting for us with baggage tags and boarding passes in hand.

As if that wasn't fun enough, on our way through security my wife realised she didn't have her coat with her. While that wasn't too bad, her coat had our only set of car keys and her iPhone in the pockets! We quickly remembered that we had left her jacket in our hotel room. Upon arriving at the lounge, the concierges started a furious chain reaction of help! Before I could work out a solution, one of the concierges had called and Dominic was off to the hotel to pick up the jacket. We were encouraged to board the plane and if they could get the jacket to us, then wonderful, if not, they'd keep it at the concierge office and arrange for it to be sent over on the next flight. Peggy met us at the gate, fully briefed of the chaos we'd caused and ensured we were taken onto the plane. What seemed like a few moments later, Peggy came on board with jacket, car keys and iPhone in hand. Well done!

Of course the excellent service didn't stop there, the service was wonderful aboard AC868 and the flight attendants did everything they could to look after us and our baby. The in-charge (Donna - incidentally this was our third flight with Donna as our in-charge and every time she's been wonderful to us) did a wonderful job and her crew in J were outstanding (especially Marielle). While I've emailed the concierges directly to thank them for their help, please could you pass on our gratitude to their supervisors (and to Donna and Marielle) and let others at AC know what a fine job these staff members do for us.

Our continued thanks for outstanding service - we are truly appreciative of all you do,
Mr & Mrs macFlyer

Lucinka Aug 13, 2008 10:56 am

Thanks to Karen in YVR

Due to some issues around a delayed departure with UA last night I ended up changing my plans to fly ORD-SEA-YYJ on UA and Horizon to ORD-YVR-YYJ with first leg on UA and second on AC. The ORD-YVR change was made very smoothly at the last minute by UA, but I was left running for the plane with no way to get my final leg home to YYJ. I called the concierge in YVR and left a message describing my situation, and asking if there was anything they could do to help.

When I landed in YVR at around 2245 I had a message to call the concierge on duty who was Karen as they had been unable to confirm me on a 2345 flight home, but had me reserved on the first flight out in the morning. When I talked to her she explained the situation on the 2345 flight (standby only), and told me to go to the ticket counter to buy my ticket. By the time I arrived at the ticket counter, Karen was talking the ticketing agent through the purchase of my ticket, all I had to do was hand over my credit card. She sent me on to the gate as a standby, and called the gate agent who was expecting me. I ended up making it all the way home last night.

While this is certainly not one of the more dramatic instances of concierge help, Karen certainly helped make my evening and greatly reduced the stress around my last minute itinerary change and race to get home.

Thanks to Karen and her fellow concierges!

BlondeBomber Aug 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks to Cynthia in Calgary--great attitude and information. ^

Love the concierges that I normally deal with. Don't always get me what I want but make the whole experience more enjoyable.

PS. Got my upgrade to PVG from YVR as indicated would be the case.^

CrampedInY Sep 1, 2008 10:38 pm

What's the best way to send a thank you letter to a concierge -- SE desk, customer solutions, Duncan Dee, etc.?

ac777 Sep 3, 2008 10:01 pm

The YYC concierge come through for me regularly--they are great. Lates was the LIM-YYZ u/g for my children!!( Within the window of course)

Global guy Oct 29, 2009 6:36 am

Originally Posted by ckccan (Post 8728275)
I hvae ALWAYS been charged for changes this year - even where there was what I consider extenuating circumstances (very sick Mrs. ckccan necessitating an early trip home to YYZ from YUL.)
I find the concierges in YOW, YYZ, and limited experience in YUL to be unhelpful, beligerent and rude at times with a roughly one in ten chance of finding someone friendly/helpful. I don't call or ask unless I absolutely need their help for fear of being chastised or accused of trying to "get something for free - change/upg etc).
On the other hand, concierges in YVR, NRT, ORD, SFO, SYD, LGA, YHZ have always been absolutely wonderful whether I've needed their help or they go out of their way to say hello, or get me a better seat assignment without my asking etc.

My experience with concierges in YOW is quite the opposite. As a new SE I wans't sure what to expect, but I had tremendous help on a trip to LAS and another to LHR as well as on domestic routes from Helene and Micheline in particular.
In one case, I just stopped in to introduce myself. I didnt really need anything but was asked where I was headed. She pulled up my file and saw I was on a Tourist fare. I confirmed and asked if the flight was full in economy, hoping to find a good row with empty seats for more room as it was a long trip. She put a note on my file and winked at me and wished me a good flight, that she would see me at the gate. When I arrived the GA called me and I was op up'ed ! ^
On another occasion, I could not get access to seats on United and wanted Mrs GG to sit next to me. They arranged it with UA staff in YOW.
I have nothing but praise for them. And since I re-qualified for SE I will get to know them even better.

global happy traveller Oct 29, 2009 9:43 am

i wanted to thank Dave in LHR for frantically looking for me after my CNX from BD to AC went terribly wrong!

jral Dec 21, 2009 8:27 am

2009 Thank Yous!

It`s that time of year again; time to thank AC`s Concierges whom have all made our lives a little easier on our travelling stresses.

mugatu Dec 21, 2009 10:55 am

Originally Posted by jral (Post 13028737)
It`s that time of year again; time to thank AC`s Concierges whom have all made our lives a little easier on our travelling stresses.

I have two big thank yous this year.

First, Peter at YVR during Snowmaggedon after the NYE holiday. My partner and I were trapped, and there was a serious issue in getting our bags bag after our flight from YVR-SFO never left. Peter was able to help us with rebooking and find our bags and personally walked us through security and to the lounge and checked in on us to make sure we were able to board the plane. He was amazing given the circumstances at YVR during those two days, and we were able to get home only 1 day late instead of a potential 2 like some other people.

And then there was the amazing Nina at YYC, who was able to make the impossible possible. AC had deemed 55 minutes to be a legal connection from SFO-YYC to the YYC-FRA flight, and I called Nina the day before as I was just a little worried of clearing customs, getting checked luggage, and traversing YYC to my next flight. Nina assured me they would do all they could, and as a safety, got me a seat on the YYC-LHR flight in re-routed my VIE flight in case I missed the FRA flight (the only difference being I would get to VIE 8-10 hours later than expected). Well, the inbound flight to YYC was delayed, and then they had closed Customs as the FRA and LHR flights had arrived at the same time and the hall was full. Somehow, Nina pulled out her magic wand, we got through Customs, my bag was the first one off magically, we sprinted through the terminal, and her Concierge colleague took my bag for me and got it downstairs, and we kept sprinting and the gate agents were waiting for us with smiles as Nina had been on the radio with them the entire time saying "he is here and on his way, don't leave".

Boarded the flight, completely out of breath, with the SD and J crew laughing and saying "its about time you got her Mr. Mugatu", at point the captain says "good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, we'll be leaving shortly as we are just waiting for one passenger who is having a bit if difficulty clearing US Customs", at which point everyone in the J cabin realizes its me and starts laughing and applauding my arrival. And the moment I sit down the SD comes over with a favour to ask - would I mind switching seats so the couple on their honeymoon can be together? After all that special treatment, how could I say no?

Thank you Peter and Nina - you were truly outstanding!

Simon Dec 21, 2009 11:03 am

My most recent thank you's are to David at LHR for keeping up the tradition of the concierges there saving my day on (too) frequent occasions, and to the team at YYZ for holding onto my wife's keys so I didn't take them to Minsk!

Simon

puslinch Dec 31, 2009 12:49 pm

YYZ AC Concierge

Flying AC848 to LHR on Dec 29 at the last minute realized I had left my headset on a flight from LAS on Dec 21. The staff at the Lounge desk made some calls, found it and had them run up from Lost & Found to the Lounge for me.

Excellent Service!

gb

I'llMissCP Dec 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by puslinch (Post 13087781)
Flying AC848 to LHR on Dec 29 at the last minute realized I had left my headset on a flight from LAS on Dec 21. The staff at the Lounge desk made some calls, found it and had them run up from Lost & Found to the Lounge for me.

Excellent Service!

gb

You should be lucky that it had not been dispatched to India. What is wrong, they had over a week to do it. For a non-status customer, they would have probably sold it on eBay by now.

roll-x Jan 1, 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by I'llMissCP (Post 13089647)
You should be lucky that it had not been dispatched to India. What is wrong, they had over a week to do it. For a non-status customer, they would have probably sold it on eBay by now.

It seems that no matter the situation or thread you are always negative towards AC.

hub and spoke Jan 1, 2010 9:19 am

Originally Posted by I'llMissCP (Post 13089647)

Wow!!!!:td: