FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The "THANKS Concierge!" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/21863-thanks-concierge-thread.html)

ylwae Jan 1, 2010 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mugatu (Post 13029843)
[...] First, Peter at YVR during Snowmaggedon after the NYE holiday. My partner and I were trapped, and there was a serious issue in getting our bags bag after our flight from YVR-SFO never left [...]

Lucky you. The YVR concierge I spoke with during the snowout said I was out of luck and there was nothing he could do to get me on another flight.

On the other hand, I'd like to thank the YYZ concierges for arranging to get my parents into the domestic lounge.

Ken hAAmer Jan 8, 2010 5:25 pm

Not me exactly, but anyway...

Hi Ken,

I've just flown back from the UK and had to get flights for Jordan and myself at short notice, re-arrange seating and get through stand by seats. The AC concierge service at LHR was fantastic and I will be emailing them to say what a good job they did. I... was wondering if you had any email details for senior management that I could Cc on the email to the LHR concierge as I think they deserve recognition.

Thanks,

Jim D....

rsykes Mar 11, 2010 8:42 am

exceptional service

On Tuesday I left my cell in the MLL in YEG, the YEG Concierge found it and notified YYC Concierge before I reported it missing and got it return to the office. This morning my wife flying LAS and forgot a gift for a friend's birthday in the car and had gone through customs, YYC Concierge came to the rescue meeting her at the gate with the gift. Thanks for the great service fixing our screw-ups.

j_the_p Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm

I've only ever dealt with concierges at YYZ, YYC, YEG and YVR. By far, my best experience is with the folks at YEG. Maybe it's because it's the smallest of the four stations I mentioned, but they are so helpful and friendly. Thanks to Sandi(sp?), Kim and Debbie. Boo to YYZ concierges. They seem to loathe domestic SE pax.

QNX Mar 11, 2010 10:41 pm

I want to thank Jane in LHR lounge, she made my life much easier on Feb 23. Thank you for doing a great job.

Global guy Mar 12, 2010 5:54 am

My thanks to Danika in YOW for helping out during the 'rat delay' flight on Feb 25. She went out of her way to keep me updated and make sure I got taken care of.

SYM Jul 19, 2010 7:21 am

concierge thank-you query

One of the wonderful concierges is currently working hard to get Mrs SYM home after a missed connection overseas. I called for advice and he immediately started working the file. She is E or P (I can't recall), so this is totally above and beyond the call of duty.
I am stuck at my desk while he works his magic (her mobile phone doesn't work so I am in multiple conversations with TA, concierge, her) so I started to compose my thank you letter. Does anyone know - given this is so clearly beyond his job description, is a letter going to backfire ie could he get in trouble for this, in which case I am better off not writing? It's an airport I transit very rarely, so taking a small gift next time is not an option

mikeyyz Jul 19, 2010 7:55 am

I'm in the same situation - since you are SE I think it's all OK - since he was technically assisting you :)

karachi Jul 20, 2010 8:53 am

i usually send kudos letter for concierges/FA's etc. to the SE email and ask them to forward to the right people.

Yoshi212 Jul 20, 2010 9:10 am

When all is said it done you could blatantly ask him if this type of instance could be looked down upon by his supervisors and if you should rather write a letter that just says he helped you out in many ways and was able to show you the type of service that keeps you a happy member of their client list. I've done these vague letters a few tiems in such instances.

FlyerGoldII Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Another Example of Excellent Concierge Service - yesterday - FRA-YYZ

Yesterday, there were 7 other passengers besides myself, on a BCN-FRA flight, who were booked to connect on the LH flight from FRA-YYZ, and one other passenger, who were booked to go on FRA-YOW (I had not chosen this connection, because I did not think I would make this connection).

The BCN-FRA flight left late, and arrived about 1.25 hrs late in FRA - so the LH bound YYZ flight and the AC bound YOW flight had already left.

LH had not been able to book anyone of us, until today's flights.

I therefore had the LH agent in the Senator Lounge contact the AC concierge agent. She was able to find me a business class seat on AC 877 leaving FRA yesterday at 5 PM (I had been booked on LH 470 which left at 1:55 PM - note, I was on a LH designated ticket on that flight, not on an AC codeshared ticket on that flight).

All the other passengers, presumably had to stay in FRA overnight.

Obviously LH did not have access to some AC inventory that AC itself was able to access.

I commend the AC concierge for providing me assistance, in this manner.

I wonder if a nonSE (either in business class, or in economy class) booked on LH 470, would have had any recourse with AC, in getting a flight for yesterday (note - the AC concierge stated that AC 877 was quite full).

Stranger Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 14711797)

Obviously LH did not have access to some AC inventory that AC itself was able to access.

Unlikely. Probably more something like, she had information that LH did not have, i.e. beyond what was in reservation systems. Such as, she might have known that some passenger booked or maybe even checked in, was not going to make his connection.

Agreed though that the FRA concierges do a great job. I do not particularly believe in going bothering people such as concierges when I don't really need them. But in the three or four instances when I have used their services, I found that they were very good.

The one place where they left me underwhelmed was PEK.

acysb87 Sep 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Good news story.Thanks for sharing.:)^

IluvSQ Sep 20, 2010 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 14711989)
The one place where they left me underwhelmed was PEK.

Actually I have had my 2 best " concierge experiences" ( help when it was
really needed and invaluable) in Beijing.

Clipper801 Sep 20, 2010 6:46 am

A best practice lesson that AC agents at CDG could learn from their FRA counterpart to assist this Executive First passenger:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...gers-wwyd.html