Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
I don't know if this has been discussed recently but I took a flight on July 23rd around 5:30pm and the lines up for the MLL Intl was at least 60 people deep to enter. I highly doubt this was a one-off, given that there are many flights departing for Europe in the evening. Therefore, I would factor long waiting times for those eligible to enter this lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by qrctraveller
I don't know if this has been discussed recently but I took a flight on July 23rd around 5:30pm and the lines up for the MLL Intl was at least 60 people deep to enter. I highly doubt this was a one-off, given that there are many flights departing for Europe in the evening. Therefore, I would factor long waiting times for those eligible to enter this lounge.
Which airport?

I've seen YYZ int get backed up and people being let in only as people leave - maybe 20-30 deep queue.

I've seen YVR int get backed up because there is only one person at the desk and they spend a lot of time with the person at the head of the queue and there is no option for those of us who just want to scan our BP to enter. That process could be improved (not limited to YVR int, but that's where I've observed it a couple of times recently) so that people who just need to scan can do so even while there is a high touch pax tying up the reception staff.

Last edited by vancouver25k; Aug 2, 2022 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Hi vancouver25k, it was YYZ int - I'm being very conservative with the number 60 persons, I would say it was much more than that. Everyone passing by was surprised that was the line-up for the MLL.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Lounge was mostly full but no line at around 4:15 (on a Saturday), as a point of consideration. Arriving early might actually be worthwhile these days. Also, I have never been so happy to have priority security. Line was <2m long, while the regular queue (holding pen I guess) was at least half an hour (likely more).
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
YYZ Transborder showers were closed as of yesterday (7/31)
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Update: Flew AC33 on Saturday and can confirm that YVR INTL showers were available:
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
Update: Flew AC33 on Saturday and can confirm that YVR INTL showers were available:
I was given a pager on Sunday because both were being cleaned. Over 2.5 later after my flight started boarding did the cleaning finally happen and I got the page. Would really have been nice to have that shower for the LH flight after a very hot day in Vancouver.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Hi vancouver25k, it was YYZ int - I'm being very conservative with the number 60 persons, I would say it was much more than that. Everyone passing by was surprised that was the line-up for the MLL.
I posted elsewhere that YUL Intl had an 80+ person lineup on a Friday late afternoon, two weeks ago. I couldn't believe it, at first I assumed it was a lineup for a gate or something.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:16 am

Yikes. I hope you were able to get in before your flight! (I think the time when it was 20-30 deep, I had to wait half an hour or so.)
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:44 am

YVR domestic lounge is packed. What a zoo ! Way to many people these days in the lounges and seems to be the new normal.

Last edited by YLWflyer; Aug 5, 2022 at 1:32 pm
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by YLWflyer
YVR domestic lounge is packed. What a zoo ! Way to many people these days in the lounges and seems to be the no normal.
I was there a few hours ago and it was the same then, pretty busy. Really highlights the lack of plugs (and washroom capacity).
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
At the risk of piling on, YUL INT MLL was lined up well out of the door at 17:30 today. Probably 20+ pax in line.

Almost chanced going to the National Bank lounge instead, but they let me in ahead of some others since I was the only solo traveller near the front of the line.

Anecdotally, there appeared to be lots of guesting going on too.

Inside, the smoked meat sandwich was not bad. The poutine looked a bit austere.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Aug 5, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC SE
YUL INT MLL poutine was okay, smoked meat order two and put the second meat in the first.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mini review, update

My first trip back to the int'l lounge at YUL since the pandemic. Much has changed.
On the negatiuve side, the noodle station is gone. So (apparently) are the QR codes allowing FTs to order from their table.
In its place, they have added some fanatstic dinner options:
- poutine;
- smoked meat sandwiches.
AC & Star Alliance partners have lotsa evening flights to IST, MEX, GVA, LIS, etc. Mine is to DUB at 21:20 and the last one tonight is at 23:30.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Forgot to post this but YUL TB MLL was quite packed on August 7 between 12pm and 2pm. No line, but hardly a seat open in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.