Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
There's no hummus in the hummus vegetable wraps at the YYT MLL today, which is odd, because (a) they're hummus vegetable wraps, and (b) because they could really use some hummus or mayo or something other than vegetables in the wrap.
There was also no cranberry in the cranberry and turkey wraps.
D582, bcnfish, canadiancow and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
There's no hummus in the hummus vegetable wraps at the YYT MLL today, which is odd, because (a) they're hummus vegetable wraps, and (b) because they could really use some hummus or mayo or something other than vegetables in the wrap.
Chicken noodle soup is, in fact, chicken and penne and conchiglie soup.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: E50K
YEG MLL has begun hot food service… with soup. Slight improvement from a few weeks ago, but the same selection in the fridge ain’t that special.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
YUL International MLL

There was a bit of a lineup extending into the terminal for the International MLL in YUL. Wasn’t so bad by the time I got there, only about a 5-minute wait or so, but it could’ve been much shorter had there been more than 1 person working the desk.

However, there was an announcement shortly after I made it inside that the lounge was full and that if anyone left they’d probably have to wait about 40 minutes (!!!!) to get back in. Ouch.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any recent experiences at the LAX MLL? I saw quite a few Air Canada passengers in the United Club, except Shawn of course , so is the MLL even open? Or just bagged snacks that no one wants?
Recent? No. But I'd recommend heading for the United Club which is fairly close to the MLL anyway. Even pre-pandemic the MLL at LAX was a joke, cramped and not much of anything on offer. I'd take the taco station and terrace views of the United Club any day of the week there.

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
In the midst of this now albeit I change on the plane so I have fresh clothes for the ground portion.

With that being said, YVR DOM showers remain closed (Aug 27).
Will they ever open up the showers? Like c'mon everything else has reopened and it makes a huge difference coming off a long haul international flight.

Originally Posted by ffsim
There was a bit of a lineup extending into the terminal for the International MLL in YUL. Wasn’t so bad by the time I got there, only about a 5-minute wait or so, but it could’ve been much shorter had there been more than 1 person working the desk.

However, there was an announcement shortly after I made it inside that the lounge was full and that if anyone left they’d probably have to wait about 40 minutes (!!!!) to get back in. Ouch.
Yikes! Have never been to the International MLL but I wonder why it got so crowded? Is it a tiny lounge? Are they letting too many FoTSGs in?

-RooFlyer88
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ffsim

At what time did you enter the lounge?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: AC E75K
Another pleasant experience at LHR MLL this morning (Sep 1). Usually prefer the Senator Lounge but they seem to be having some air conditioning / ventilation issues and have a couple massive fans blowing. The MLL was half empty (as is AC867 this morning).
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
It's simply indicative of the volumes of Customers travelling around the globe. This seems to be the new norm for lounges. I was FT'd from the Turkish Airlines IST lounge which is inarguably one of the best around the world. Looked like a day care centre and a transient pit stop rather than an exclusive business class facility.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stil
At what time did you enter the lounge?
It was around 4:30, so definitely in rush hour.

I think ACYYZ/SD is right, the volume of people travelling right now is such that we’re going to be seeing this congestion for a while longer. Heck, it took me about 30 minutes to check into my hotel just now because everyone at some convention it’s hosting wanted their room all at the same time.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AC E75K
YUL Domestic on Sep 1 around 12:30pm. Lounge is around 85% full. Food options look surprisingly good. Full salad and crudités bar + meatballs, spanakopita, pasta, rice, Thai curry, and of course smoked meat sandwiches.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Live from the YYZ TB. Shower room is still closed.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Quick to get in to the YYC MLL this morning, but quite a line up for breakfast. And, they were out on several items, which necessitated a second trip to the line. I miss the old order to table!

Menu:
  • Western Omlette
  • Smoked Salmon Sandwich
  • Mini Pancake Bites
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:46 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
It's simply indicative of the volumes of Customers travelling around the globe. This seems to be the new norm for lounges. I was FT'd from the Turkish Airlines IST lounge which is inarguably one of the best around the world. Looked like a day care centre and a transient pit stop rather than an exclusive business class facility.
I disagree. While lounges were getting more crowded before COVID, and AC's aren't the only lounges that are overcrowded right now, AC is significantly worse in this area. I've been bouncing around Canada, Europe and the US quite a bit over the summer, and the lounge overcrowding has consistently been worse at AC's lounges than other airlines' lounges or 3rd party lounges, based both on both my observations and my increased monitoring of other bits of FT.

I've not had or seen any wait to get in to lounges operated by LX, AF, KL, SK, WS, LH, OS, AY, or others (just off the top of my head) even at peak times. Busy inside, yes, maybe a minute or two for someone to scan a BP, but 45 minutes to get in, nothing like it.

I've seen PP/other pass holders turned away at a couple contract lounges when they've been at or near capacity and reserving the space for the airlines J customers, but massive lines being a daily occurrence has been only AC.
capedreamer and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:58 pm

I've seen PP/other pass holders turned away at a couple contract lounges when they've been at or near capacity and reserving the space for the airlines J customers, but massive lines being a daily occurrence has been only AC.
You have way more experience than I do but just as one data point, I flew from YUL on Aug 18 and I didn't have MLL access. I had dragonpass though which includes both the AF Plaza-operated lounge and the NB lounge. The NB lounge had a lineup going out the door down the corridor of the terminal. The AF Plaza-operated lounge and they had a sign up saying they were full and only accepting AF customers.

When the AF flight left I went back and they let me in. The lounge was pretty full -- you could get a seat but you didn't really have a choice where, you had to take the first seat you saw.

The terminal itself was also super crowded. Every restaurant had lines, even the stall selling chips and snacks had a long line. It was downright challenging to navigate the corridor. I never saw that in Montreal pre-COVID.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zkzkz
You have way more experience than I do but just as one data point, I flew from YUL on Aug 18 and I didn't have MLL access. I had dragonpass though which includes both the AF Plaza-operated lounge and the NB lounge. The NB lounge had a lineup going out the door down the corridor of the terminal. The AF Plaza-operated lounge and they had a sign up saying they were full and only accepting AF customers.

When the AF flight left I went back and they let me in. The lounge was pretty full -- you could get a seat but you didn't really have a choice where, you had to take the first seat you saw.

The terminal itself was also super crowded. Every restaurant had lines, even the stall selling chips and snacks had a long line. It was downright challenging to navigate the corridor. I never saw that in Montreal pre-COVID.
When a flight is delayed, people spend a lot more time than usual in the airport.

And it's even worse when the airlines and airports are telling you to show up 18 hours before your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.