Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K *G
Paris CDG MLL was open this past Saturday July 9th. I was there at the beginning of lunch time

Food was an assortment of pastries (Pain au chocolate, crepe with sugar and some version of a honey glazed tim bit)
Cheese & charcuterie
Bread & mini sandwiches - unsure what was in them
Yogurt and mixed fruit

Coffee machines weren't working but they had coffee in thermoses
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Is it just me, or is YYZ Intl MLL buggy?
Took a page from AC IT.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by cmill007
Yeah I get that, though I don't imagine this happens often. Presumably a domestic connection and they had time to kill and didn't realize they couldn't just hang out on the domestic side before moving over to the intl one? It was definitely a bunch of people travelling J with no real idea how things worked, except that their boarding pass said lounge access.

I also echo the elevator system for this lounge is so aggravating. Give me a staircase.
Would love to have stairs. would also work better if everyone with working legs would get off at the security level and walk down the escalator when the full elevator inevitably stops for the wheelchair and stroller pax trying to get to the gates facing a full elevator of capable people.

Unless they’ve changed it recently, in the morning they don’t run a separate security for international and send everyone through domestic and the first thing they see is a sign for lounge and head off. If you sit in ear shot of the dragons they are redirecting a large number of pax.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Part of the problem with the crowding is the constant delays. If everything is delayed 2 hours your capacity to serve guests will vanish really quickly!!! I think that is a big part of the current problem. The YYZ dom lounge was a madhouse late afternoon yesterday. Also, some of the hot food was definitively not HOT and they need to fix this as it is a health issue....
For sure, YUL domestic was a madhouse on Monday (albeit with decent food as described few posts up) - why - because everything was delayed. We werent even going to go until our flight was 1.5 hours late.

When 76% of your flights are delayed, it indeed translates into people lingering longer.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ewh1
I've been flying a lot more now on Air Canada and one thing I have to say, why is the MLL in Domestic YYZ so mediocre? It seems like a lot of the food options were things they bought in bulk at Costco. For example, last saturday had I had Sweet & Sour Meatballs, Rice, Pasta and Tortilla Chips & Dip alongside the usual Crudite & Dip, Broccoli Cheddar Salad. etc. Everything cold is standard AC Lounge food but the hot options kinda seemed bland. I was stuck in YYZ for 8 hrs so going there and coming back to that spread was disappointing. AC Cafe makes the lounge experience a bit better in YYZ at least

Comparatively, YYC IMO has a real nice lounge feel and offering. Love the spring rolls, sliders and ice cream on offer. most of the other options are also pretty good. I'm guessing because of different catering providers?

Its sad that their flagship lounge doesn't get as much love as Calgary or even YVR. Still haven't used YUL this year but that smoked meat pic above is quite tempting!
Not excusing the "lesser" YYZ Dom MLL, but the YYC MLL was refurbed/upgraded to cater to the international pax ex-YYC, so not the best for comparison IMHO. Better to compare YVR Dom vs YYZ Dom IMHO.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Not excusing the "lesser" YYZ Dom MLL, but the YYC MLL was refurbed/upgraded to cater to the international pax ex-YYC, so not the best for comparison IMHO. Better to compare YVR Dom vs YYZ Dom IMHO.
YYC is also the only airport where the competition with Westjet is actually fierce.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
For anyone who said my comments about YUL Intl being overcrowded were overstated, at 4:25pm today the lounge was full with a lineup of 80+ people outside waiting to get in, on a one in one out basis.

Say what you want about YOW, at least I can get into the freaking lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
For anyone who said my comments about YUL Intl being overcrowded were overstated, at 4:25pm today the lounge was full with a lineup of 80+ people outside waiting to get in, on a one in one out basis.

Say what you want about YOW, at least I can get into the freaking lounge.
So you're saying you'd RatherBeInYOW?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC 50K
YUL International is probably the best I've been to (YUL domestic is not nice)
I haven't tried YVR international since 2018, and it was a temporary location that was poor. I hear its pretty nice now.

Outside of Canada, I like FRA.
CDG is poorly located, limited food options, but at least it was quiet when I was there in June.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:31 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Oddly enough, I quite like the YQB lounge in the category of "there's no MLL here, but we have this contract lounge you can go to".

Quite chill, decent food and a nice layout. Nice place to call the Concierge when your flight has been cancelled too.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Was just in MLL at LHR

Actually did a tour of all the lounges in terminal 2

Aer lingus - absolute bottom of the barrel in all regards
Plaza premium - stylish design but very crowded and bad food. can prebook a sleep room for an added fee (including a double bed that accomodates two if you want to be a junior member of the club)
Lufthansa - decent, nothing special, no complaints either though
Silver Kris - best food imo (I like Singaporean food), uncrowded, small, quiet
United - large, stylish, best food variery. Crowded. Cool bar and good view. Also got to check out the polaris side - exact same food - marginally better drinks. Less crowded
MLL - best view. fairly small food selection but good overall. liked the shrimp curry a lot - can load it up with hot pepper flakes and its delicious. ?second behind Sing for food. Nice bar.

Overally I think all the B side lounges are quite good. Any of them could arguably be the best depending on what you're after. MLL is definitely credible in all regards and impresively nice view

Last edited by Wallace Cashperson; Jul 16, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:28 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Nice comparison to the MLL!

I don't think that I've been lounge surfing since before COVID.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Oddly enough, I quite like the YQB lounge in the category of "there's no MLL here, but we have this contract lounge you can go to".
In keeping with the theme, I have been to two bad contract lounges in the past few months:
LYS - Come on! No fresh pastries in the land of croissants?
CMN - Very poor offering.
Trying to remember if I've ever been to a good contract lounge. Not that I recall.
--
13F
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
I've had a couple of flights with Air Canada recently and was disappointed with the shower situation in the lounges. Over in Australia all QF lounges have had showers reopened for close to a year now, but so far having visited several lounges in the MLL network (YVR Dom, YYZ TB, YYZ DOM) I've been consistently told sorry showers are closed. The real icing on top was YVR DOM. Imagine coming off AC 34 (SYD > YVR) in J, having been all sweaty and being told, sorry the showers are closed and you still have several more domestic sectors to go? Gross!

Any idea when the showers will open? At this point it is becoming a health and safety issue since we know you are more likely to catch COVID if you don't shower regularly.

-RooFlyer88
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
At this point it is becoming a health and safety issue since we know you are more likely to catch COVID if you don't shower regularly.
Imagine the 400 people who had to fly in Y...

It's all staffing issues. Basically every problem right now has "staffing" as the root cause.

Showers will open when they have the staff to maintain them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.