Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: TK *G
I recall someone posted a picture of a mouse in YVR. Mice and cockroaches are unfortunately quite common in places that serve food, and they are very good at hiding.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 7:35 pm

I thought airports and MLLs were immune to mice? /j
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Sitting in the YUL MLL. There is a women in the centre of the lounge (the long wooden table) who has been on a teams meeting for the last 30 minutes. She has been doing most of the talking and does not have a quiet voice.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Sitting in the YUL MLL. There is a women in the centre of the lounge (the long wooden table) who has been on a teams meeting for the last 30 minutes. She has been doing most of the talking and does not have a quiet voice.
Any good MNPI?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is she behaving badly?
Any lineups to get in today?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Is she behaving badly?
Any lineups to get in today?
She is behaving but really loud. She finally finished the call.

No lineup today. Friday of a long weekend and the 17:00 flight to YYZ is delayed. I’m very surprised.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Any good MNPI?
Not that I could tell.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 30, 2023 at 3:07 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K
At YYC MLL since 11:30am and it's been less than 50% full all day. According to the lounge agent, they haven't implemented the 3-hour rule yet because their IT system failed when they first tried.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Once again validating my premise that Teams is just evil.
billdokes and yulscs like this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
YVR MLL yesterday around noon...line-up for non-SE, about a dozen people waiting to get in.

Not sure the reason for the line as there was a lot of open seating upstairs, but it looked like the agent manning the door needs some training as a bouncer as she wasn't doing a very good job of matching the inflow to the outflow of people.

Was just before noon and a number of the cold food options were exhausted and awaiting replenishment, which didn't seem to be happening quickly.

Did not appear that the power outlets along the long table by the window are operational yet as a woman seated 2 down from me had to get on her hands and knees to find a traditional outlet under the table against the window.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by billdokes
YVR MLL yesterday around noon...line-up for non-SE, about a dozen people waiting to get in.

Not sure the reason for the line as there was a lot of open seating upstairs, but it looked like the agent manning the door needs some training as a bouncer as she wasn't doing a very good job of matching the inflow to the outflow of people.

Was just before noon and a number of the cold food options were exhausted and awaiting replenishment, which didn't seem to be happening quickly.

Did not appear that the power outlets along the long table by the window are operational yet as a woman seated 2 down from me had to get on her hands and knees to find a traditional outlet under the table against the window.
Was there last Sunday, same thing. Wait was about 20 minutes. Luckily I was able to immediately find a seat. Once inside it was busy but not crowded. Only thing they ran out of was the carrot cake.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I was in the YYZ transborder MLL for parts of 7 hours while waiting for AC737. Lack of power outlets made things difficult, but the new long tables helped capacity somewhat.

Food was alright: pancakes, Korean BBQ chicken, pasta, and the sliders.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K
YUL International at 21:30 on July 1 is a total mess. Line to get in (except for SEs). Not surprising given the weather-related ground delays affecting all flights.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by billdokes
The outlets along the long table in the northwest section of the YVR Dom MLL worked for me last week.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sha8192
YUL International MLL, 18:10 on 2022-09-26, line of ~15 pax.

Proactively asked the reception if SE gets priority, was told he can open the private lounge for me. Was instructed to go to the private room at the further inside of the lounge, where another SE was resting.
The other SE is a French-speaking guy in 3-piece suit.
After I settled, I went out to get food. As I tried to get back into the private room, a cleaning staff tried to stop me, asking if I was with the gentleman inside and told me the room is not open for regular use. I said I was SE but she wouldn't buy in and said she need to ask around. I gently pointed out there is another (3rd) SE (who is my travel companion) inside the private room and I am with him.
After a few minutes inside the room eating food, another staff (more fine dressed, maybe the management type of lounge staff?) went inside the room and told me I cannot use the room as it needs reservation. She seems to be cool with the guy in 3-piece suit and communicated with him in French (wish I can understand). I basically told her that the reception told me to use the room, then she left. I briefly talked with the gentleman in suit (turns out he can speak English also), and he was basically instructed the same thing as I did, lounge is full so go using the private room.
The lounge staff returned a few minutes later and said we are all good.
YYZ Dom granted the same privileges of using the meeting room when flying back from YSJ on Easter Monday.
--
13F

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
New furniture was being installed in YVR dom Saturday. Seating pulled away from the windows, and counter seating (like in the YYZ cafe) with power put along the windows. Those on the virtual do got a glimpse.
I was there two weeks ago and the furniture in the middle of the room still did not have power connected.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 5, 2023 at 12:40 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jul 11, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Still no power in YVR Domestic on the new tables - they look great though

I was hoping they'd be no cell phone signs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.