Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Old Aug 24, 22, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: King Chung Huang
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - closed (Oct 20)
  • Intl - closed (Oct19)
  • TB - closed (Sep 24) Claimed are doing renovations

YVR
  • Dom - closed (inquired on January 23, 2023)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Old Aug 12, 22, 6:44 pm

YYZ Int, about a dozen people in line, waited 10-15 minutes to get in
Old Aug 13, 22, 3:23 pm

Im in YUL international MLL this afternoon. It was pretty dead when I arrived at about 2pm but is picking up a bit now at 4:30. No lineups to get in, still a reasonable amount of open seating.

I had the smoked meat sandwich and wings. It was decent. The place is pretty clean with good service. Only 1 or 2 dirtbags with their feet up.

EDIT: And they just announced the lounge is at capacity.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 13, 22 at 4:10 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Aug 14, 22, 6:21 am

YYZ Dom lounge, currently packed, no utensils.
Old Aug 14, 22, 10:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Can someone pass the salt at YVR lounge?

Whats with this unseasoned food business at AC domestic lounge? Some of the most boring out of the tub Costco food here.

I take it back. Costco tastes better.

I also miss chewy cookies. The white chocolate ones.
Old Aug 16, 22, 3:15 am

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
Are any domestic MLLs have showers?

I was able to grab a shower at YUL Intl MLL back in middle of June. Would love to see the YYZ Dom showers come back. Was wondering if anyone knew when some of them will return or if some are already operational?
Old Aug 16, 22, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by handuk View Post
I was able to grab a shower at YUL Intl MLL back in middle of June. Would love to see the YYZ Dom showers come back. Was wondering if anyone knew when some of them will return or if some are already operational?
I added showers to the wiki with your data point and what I've confirmed over the past month or so. Will check YYZ and YVR dom later this week.
Old Aug 16, 22, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Hello is the business center open for printing documents @ AC YUL Intl lounge??
Old Aug 19, 22, 11:48 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by ETStar View Post
Whats with this unseasoned food business at AC domestic lounge? Some of the most boring out of the tub Costco food here.

I take it back. Costco tastes better.

I also miss chewy cookies. The white chocolate ones.
The Plaza Premium has samosas, indian and chinese food. Much better
Old Aug 19, 22, 2:43 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
15 minute queue at noonish for the YVR Dom MLL today.

Almost bailed for the PPL, but the AC lounge staff were letting in 5 or 6 at a time in bursts so it moved quickly.

Positively hoards of children here.

One of them tried to grab the Chardonnay bottle from me. And No, I am not kidding! Good thing that I'm both bigger and wiser.

It's a jungle out there!
Old Aug 26, 22, 3:20 am

Programs: AC SE
Article in Bloomberg (try this if you don't have a subscription) showing that the congestion and subpar experience issues documented in this thread are not unique to AC. The article identifies three primary causes:
  • Big rebound in travel (which I don't really buy since traffic stats indicate we still haven't exceeded 2019 highs)
  • Credit card perks (plausible, but a bit surprising for ex-US/CA, where credit cards are generally less generous with perks)
  • More delayed flights (very likely true)
Old Aug 26, 22, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
  • Big rebound in travel (which I don't really buy since traffic stats indicate we still haven't exceeded 2019 highs)
This is still possible. Traffic might not be at pre-2019 levels, but staffing levels aren't at pre-2019 levels either. In fact, they might be significantly lower (traffic to staff ratio). Then there might also be processes that we might not know about behind the scenes that are still being followed (for better or worse).
Old Aug 26, 22, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
On Mon Aug 22 at approx 7:30pm the YUL Domestic MLL was an oasis of calm with lots of places to sit and a really extensive array of food options including Montreal Smoked Meat sandwiches, meatballs and Thai chicken! Was very pleased with this visit but it seems to be an unusual experience these days! Also, is it just me or does YUL have the best food options? Have never seen such options in YYZ or YVR.
Old Aug 26, 22, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent experiences at the LAX MLL? I saw quite a few Air Canada passengers in the United Club, except Shawn of course , so is the MLL even open? Or just bagged snacks that no one wants?
Old Aug 27, 22, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88 View Post
Imagine coming off AC 34 (SYD > YVR) in J, having been all sweaty and being told, sorry the showers are closed and you still have several more domestic sectors to go?
In the midst of this now albeit I change on the plane so I have fresh clothes for the ground portion.

With that being said, YVR DOM showers remain closed (Aug 27).
Old Aug 28, 22, 11:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, DL PM, WS Silver, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium, Hilton/Radisson Gold, Accor Silver
There's no hummus in the hummus vegetable wraps at the YYT MLL today, which is odd, because (a) they're hummus vegetable wraps, and (b) because they could really use some hummus or mayo or something other than vegetables in the wrap.
D582, bcnfish, Bohemian1 and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread