Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
YVR Domestic full this morning at 8am.
Was a 5 minute wait to get in.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I disagree. While lounges were getting more crowded before COVID, and AC's aren't the only lounges that are overcrowded right now, AC is significantly worse in this area. I've been bouncing around Canada, Europe and the US quite a bit over the summer, and the lounge overcrowding has consistently been worse at AC's lounges than other airlines' lounges or 3rd party lounges, based both on both my observations and my increased monitoring of other bits of FT.

I've not had or seen any wait to get in to lounges operated by LX, AF, KL, SK, WS, LH, OS, AY, or others (just off the top of my head) even at peak times. Busy inside, yes, maybe a minute or two for someone to scan a BP, but 45 minutes to get in, nothing like it.

I've seen PP/other pass holders turned away at a couple contract lounges when they've been at or near capacity and reserving the space for the airlines J customers, but massive lines being a daily occurrence has been only AC.
Too many Elites and too many credit card offerings.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Does anyone know if there is specific times for the food buffet lunch and dinner ?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can anyone comment on likely ability to get into TB MLL at YYZ without a line. We’re on the 5pm to SFO in a couple of weeks - would be aiming probably to be past security at ~3pm. I suspect less busy than morning rush, but probably close to afternoon peak? Just don’t know if there are typically lines to get in typically?

i also have Plaza Premium access, but obviously, MLL is a better choice between the two - and my MLL access is just for this trip (thanks to a friend who gifted a status pass for this trip).
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Can anyone comment on likely ability to get into TB MLL at YYZ without a line. We’re on the 5pm to SFO in a couple of weeks - would be aiming probably to be past security at ~3pm. I suspect less busy than morning rush, but probably close to afternoon peak? Just don’t know if there are typically lines to get in typically?

i also have Plaza Premium access, but obviously, MLL is a better choice between the two - and my MLL access is just for this trip (thanks to a friend who gifted a status pass for this trip).
My last time on that flight, on a Sunday, there was no line. Mind you boarding might have started when I got there. I don't like spending too much time in the TB MLL
emcampbe likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite
Airport vs. MLL WiFi Battle

I was in the YYZ trans-border (F) section today, in the "express" MLL near gate F98. While this lounge is small and loud, due to it not having a full floor-to-ceiling wall, it's actually quite nice.

In this MLL, both the "Air Canada" lounge wifi and the YYZ airport wifi are available at full strength and I couldn't decide which to connect to. So, I decided to do a speed test to compare.

MLL "Air Canada" wifi network:
13.14 Mb/s down, 13.99 Mb/s up

YYZ "Toronto Pearson Wi-Fi":
261.18 Mb/s down, 230.16 Mb/s up

Needless to say, I am typing this post while connected to "Toronto Pearson Wi-Fi"

But for real, 13 Mb/s down is hilariously slow for what appears to be a new-ish lounge. Either they're throttling it far too intensely, or they're using network hardware from the '90s.

Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:45 pm

Was downloading some videos both at YYC and YVR , free public airport wifi was much faster than AC MLL. I actually left the lounge early to sit at the gate for faster download speeds lol.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50k, MM
Originally Posted by JordanK
But for real, 13 Mb/s down is hilariously slow for what appears to be a new-ish lounge. Either they're throttling it far too intensely, or they're using network hardware from the '90s.
Or there are a bunch of other people using the AC network or it is being shared with a whole bunch of other lounges and services. That speed is the connection back to the Bell or Rogers servers which goes out over the internet. It says nothing about the Wifi hardware within the lounge, which may be the latest and greatest.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by emcampbe

Data point today, entered the TB MLL around 3 for the 5pm LAX flight, no line to enter but only single seats available. I did eventually find a few empty "hidden tables" in the "TV Room", but anymore than 2 people is going to be a challenge to seat together.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Data point today, entered the TB MLL around 3 for the 5pm LAX flight, no line to enter but only single seats available. I did eventually find a few empty "hidden tables" in the "TV Room", but anymore than 2 people is going to be a challenge to seat together.
Unless you're travelling with someone who has no qualms picking up tables and carrying them around...
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite
Originally Posted by wayner92
Or there are a bunch of other people using the AC network or it is being shared with a whole bunch of other lounges and services. That speed is the connection back to the Bell or Rogers servers which goes out over the internet. It says nothing about the Wifi hardware within the lounge, which may be the latest and greatest.
I suppose that's possible, although I would be surprised that AC is running its own hardlines throughout the airport instead of using the airport's infrastructure. I would have thought it was more likely that AC has a wifi router jacked into the airport's ethernet network. But, I don't know enough about airport networks.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:56 pm

lunch and dinner was identical at YVR except they changed the soup from mushroom to carrot.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by SKYEG
lunch and dinner was identical at YVR except they changed the soup from mushroom to carrot.
The mushroom soup they were serving last Thursday was positively vile. It was basically gravy.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Similar experience at the YYZ TB MLL this afternoon around 3PM, mostly single seats although we found a table along the left side with the bench seating. Didn't try the soups, but had a fairly good variety of cold and hot offerings, although most didn't exactly pass the 'taste test' and lacked any discernible flavor, which is a pretty tall order for a pesto sauce.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I got the last chicken waffle at YYC dinner service, yesterday (7 pm). It was pretty good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.