Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:51 pm

YVR dom was, like a week ago Friday, 20-30% full yesterday 4-7ish.

The salmon was excellent again.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:03 pm

Fwiw I was in the YUL intl lounge on Saturday. It was not full but close to it, maybe 80%.

However... I happened to notice the lounge dragon's screen showed the current occupancy and the limit. I don't remember the exact number but it was far less than that. The limit was 170 and the occupancy was a double digit number... I'm not sure where they could have put another 70 people in the lounge. There definitely weren't 70 free seats.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
YYZ Transborder was a zoo yesterday around 1:00 PM. The line to get in grew to about 20 people before abating. They told people no guest passes until 6:00 PM due to high occupancy. It didn't help that half a dozen or so TB flights were delayed.

The seemed to struggle to keep a steady flow of clean plates but ample food.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:03 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
I was at LAX MLL around 11am yesterday and it was packed because there were 3 flights YYZ/YUL/YVR all departing around the same time. I had to wait outside for about 20+ minutes because the lounge was at capacity.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
To keep post on topic - tonight at 5pm - YVR Domestic had no line.

Did not get to experience it tonight as I am flying Westjet <booked a premium hop over from YCD in order to meet the status match w/Westjet>. Went to the Plaza Premium lounge and quickly remembered how much I like MLL better. For all the complaints, still better by far then PP lounges.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by theranj
To keep post on topic - tonight at 5pm - YVR Domestic had no line.

Did not get to experience it tonight as I am flying Westjet <booked a premium hop over from YCD in order to meet the status match w/Westjet>. Went to the Plaza Premium lounge and quickly remembered how much I like MLL better. For all the complaints, still better by far then PP lounges.
Is the PP lounge there temporary? I vaguely remember visiting it a few years back which was pretty nice. Last month when I re-visited I was surprised to find it is now a patio.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Is the PP lounge there temporary? I vaguely remember visiting it a few years back which was pretty nice. Last month when I re-visited I was surprised to find it is now a patio.
No, there are two PP lounges in YVR Domestic. One is the patio you reference next to the MLL. The other is a proper lounge near other side of the domestic terminal
asovse1 and Changeup2000 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
The page for the YVR International MLL shows the lounge closing early (22:45) on Saturdays instead of 00:15 to 00:45 on other days. Is this actually so? I'm flying AC 7 soon which is scheduled to depart at 00:35.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Generally, what are the busy times for the International MLL at YYZ? Heading on Thursday at 8:30am with the family and some other hangers on.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bennyg2
Generally, what are the busy times for the International MLL at YYZ? Heading on Thursday at 8:30am with the family and some other hangers on.
Majority of the flights from International go to Europe. Overwhelming majority of Eastbound Europe flights are evening red eyes. Therefore, I’ve found the INT MLL start getting jammed around 1600.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Majority of the flights from International go to Europe. Overwhelming majority of Eastbound Europe flights are evening red eyes. Therefore, I’ve found the INT MLL start getting jammed around 1600.
That's what I thought and was hoping others would say. Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
This morning, I found the YVR transborder PP lounge had re-opened. I did not try it, but from my random glance it looked nice. Could be an alternative if the MLL got full.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
This morning, I found the YVR transborder PP lounge had re-opened. I did not try it, but from my random glance it looked nice. Could be an alternative if the MLL got full.
pre-covid the transborder PP was not that great. Small seating area & poor quality food offerings...
Hopefully it's been improved since...
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by james dean
pre-covid the transborder PP was not that great. Small seating area & poor quality food offerings...
Hopefully it's been improved since...
agreed. In fairness the tb mll lounge isn't that great either, but it is bigger
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:05 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Let's please send talk of PPLs to the Airport Lounges forum where it belongs and keep this thread on topic to MLLs.

- Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.