Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I was in YVR MLL int last Wednesday and kept my eye out, but mouse was nowhere to be seen.
Maybe he got tired of waiting in line
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
YYC MLL had Donair pizza & beef sliders this afternoon. Plated fancy style rather than the YYC aspire lounge's "throw some trays at the starved masses at the buffet" strategy.
​​​​​
Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:50 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by expert7700
YYC MLL had Donair pizza & beef sliders this afternoon. Plated fancy style rather than the YYC aspire lounge's "throw some trays at the starved masses at the buffet" strategy.
​​​​​
And I've always heard such positive things about the Aspire lounge. Second hand, admittedly.

Maybe I'll have an excuse to visit YYC one day for a Do.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
At YUL Intl MLL today at 1700. I went slower and got a good count this time. Over 70 waiting in line out front and metering access. I cut in to talk to the concierge inside. No special access for Super Elite have to wait like everyone else. Approximate 60-90 min wait they said.

Similar line for National Bank lounge maybe 20 less people. And the Air France lounge cut off all access with third party providers so I couldn’t get in with Priority Pass. And they said only their top level elite members or business class passengers traveling on Air France only allowed inside at this time. They were keeping a waiting list of third party people who wanted access but they said they weren’t going to start calling it until 2055hrs.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
YVR 1630 Oct 7. No line. Decent number of seats. Now 1750 and lots of seats.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
YVR MLL agent asked for ID

For the first time ever, the lounge agent asked to see my ID after I scanned my boarding pass and it beeped green as it should. Anyone knows if this is random or if they are really checking these days?

Last edited by landingpoint; Oct 7, 2022 at 7:47 pm Reason: Location
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by landingpoint
For the first time ever, the lounge agent asked to see my ID after I scanned my boarding pass and it beeped green as it should. Anyone knows if this is random or if they are really checking these days?
happened to me before, same location
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:39 pm
Suspended

maybe you look too young and agent needs to verify your age?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:33 pm

same for one agent that requested me for my ID
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've only seen it when they thought I might be too young. That hasn't happened in a while

I've seen one other airline (UA) do it for a premium (Polaris) lounge, likely to ensure people aren't just scanning in with someone else's boarding pass. But even that hasn't been consistent.

I've never had AC do it for any reason other than age verification.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
YVR Dom yesterday mid-day. Lots of space. New food platter also.

The meatball pizza/tofu rice/chicken penne (that never had any chicken) has been replaced by salmon/quinoa-veg mix/actual chicken penne with some vegetables in it as well.

Pleasantly surprised. The food is a huge step up from the previous lineup which, imo, was terrible.

Not sure how new this is; I haven't been in a few weeks.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:24 pm

YVR Don this morning around 8:00, lineup maybe 30 ish out the door. Continued on to the international side and bummed around until 10:30 or so then found a spot to sit outside the INT MLL then watched as people bumped Into the closed doors.

Why does the international MLL open so late now?

Fish taco and penne both decent.

Spicy Caesars on point too.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YYZ TB today at 1530 had no line, but I had to ask a lot of people seated in the 4-seat sections if the one empty seat was free. They were not. Managed to catch a couple leaving a small table and sit down.

And I'll be here for 30-45 minutes. I'm wearing a red cowtool shirt.

Edit: And now that it's 1607, apparently a lot of flights are starting to board (mine "starts" in 8 minutes), and there is ample seating now.

Last edited by canadiancow; Oct 10, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by YEGDad

Why does the international MLL open so late now?
I didn't realize it was so late...argh. have an upcoming trip but flight leaves at 930, assumed I'd get breakfast here. I love this lounge.

I'm connecting thru domestic, haven't done the trek in awhile - hope long did it take
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Spent sometime in the MLL at LGA today. Pleasantly surprised - obviously less volume than MLL domestic/US at T1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.