Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by smuncky
Monday 630am, YYZ transborder, 99% full. Waited in a lineup of 12 or so for 10min before they let about half through. Almost impossible to find 2 seats together. People sitting on the floor as well. Served veggie frittatas and turkey/egg/cheese english muffin sandwiches.
Same lounge last night, no wait. Though it was 8pm, food* & beverage were being removed before closing JUST before everyone was finally informed of the secret delays that US CBP ask them to not disclose until the checkpoint is closed.

*the only "food' left out on the counter was some fruit and this big bowl of butter. "keep refrigerated"

Pointed this out to kitchen staff and said "you'll be throwing this out"

Reply was "yes i know how it is labeled, but manager says it must be stored on the counter." I opened one up--half melted and rancid.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:42 pm

YVR Domestic MLL
No vodka or metal forks this evening.

Not crowded.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
The YVR lounge situation is ridiculous. The international lounge doesn’t open till 11 and AC3 leaves at 13:15, never mind the ANA flight that leaves at 12:20. With OTP, anything less than 3 hours may cause you to misconnect and you get to YVR with the international lounge not open and a line up at domestic.

AC is just a joke already - lounge, inflight, concierge, call centre, IT - there’s literally nothing they do well. And enough with using COVID as an excuse for crappy service. Their saving grace is that WS is actually even worse.
quinzinho and jmt18325 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
YVR Domestic MLL
No vodka or metal forks this evening.

Not crowded.
YVR had no vodka 2 weeks ago either. One client was upset and arguing with the staff after already pouring her mixers
If AC had been using a different (more $) import brand, I'd blame it on reduced Russian exports.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
This morning at YVR
0740 - domestic mll had 14 person wait
0800 - intl mll looked closed
0810 - transborder had no wait, fairly full
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I've spoken well of MLLs enough times in the past that I hope it's understood I'm not just a perpetual complainer.

YUL TB tonight is the absolute worst condition I've ever seen in a Maple Leaf Lounge. I get that it's nearly closing time, but it's messy, the food is in ROUGH shape, and they started packing up an awfully long time before closing.

Worst of all for a Montreal lounge, the smoked-meat sandwiches contain no actual smoked meat, and I'm pretty sure the roast beef that's used instead has gone off.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by theranj
This morning at YVR
0740 - domestic mll had 14 person wait
0800 - intl mll looked closed
0810 - transborder had no wait, fairly full
From the rumors mill:

Heads up that on my last trip to YVR MLL TB, some airport official people with hardhats, vests, and clipboards were taking some HVAC measurements and commenting "I don't care they will just need to shut down for a few days for this maintenance, no other way."
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:18 pm

That is too bad about the MLL. I was reasonably impressed with the international at YVR for our late evening flight. However, they seemed haphazard on the cleanup with lots of dirty surfaces. Picking up plates but not wiping.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I was at YUL Dom on Tuesday. At capacity around midday, about a dozen people in line. I had a long connection and was going to Schwartz's for lunch anyway, so I didn't stick around to see how long it would take to get in. Much more reasonable around 5:30. Still busy, but there were places to sit and no waiting around to get in (other than the usual occasional waiting behind a few people to scan a BP). Since I had already been for a delicious plate of smoked meat, I didn't try the sandwiches that day.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Stepped off the elevator to usual zoo at YYZ DOM. Pushed ahead to ask of showers were open. Negative. Went downstairs and had a pleasant coffee in the cafe.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Reading the comments here, seems it's time Air Canada raises the lounge entry status thresholds..
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by expert7700
From the rumors mill:

Heads up that on my last trip to YVR MLL TB, some airport official people with hardhats, vests, and clipboards were taking some HVAC measurements and commenting "I don't care they will just need to shut down for a few days for this maintenance, no other way."
Still open this morning. Busy at 7:30, over 75% seats taken.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Reading the comments here, seems it's time Air Canada raises the lounge entry status thresholds..
Apparently suggesting so around these parts is heresy. I've already proposed a set of more sanity based entry requirements - you're either a paid member, hold a premium credit card that includes a paid membership (ie, the United Club card as an example, I'm sure AC has an equivalent option), an AC *G flying internationally, a non-AC *G flying on any route per *A rules, or guess what - you don't get in.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:53 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Apparently suggesting so around these parts is heresy.
Hardly.

It's just that there is no easy fix that is compatible with AC's business plans and our needs wants.
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
535pm on Saturday evening, no line at YVR Domestic MLL. Our first flight was 35 min late so no time to step in to look around
kalderlake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.