Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Actually really like the setting of the YVR TB MLL, the high up view on one side overlooking the inside of the terminal on the other side a nice view of the gates and the aircraft.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by james dean
Actually really like the setting of the YVR TB MLL, the high up view on one side overlooking the inside of the terminal on the other side a nice view of the gates and the aircraft.
My issue is the cold breakfast options aren't always the best - the seating/view is great.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by theranj
My issue is the cold breakfast options aren't always the best - the seating/view is great.
As unfortunately I have to conduct business on the fly, my main concern on the YVR MLL is the general lack of power outlets. If the lounge gets close to full, it may be difficult to find one.
unclepants likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
YVR had no vodka 2 weeks ago either. One client was upset and arguing with the staff after already pouring her mixers
If AC had been using a different (more $) import brand, I'd blame it on reduced Russian exports.
Also didn't have JW Black the other day.

The fork issue seems to be ongoing. Some of the Compass staff seem to NGAF.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
look at these new signs - yvr dom
Nov 1 at 705am
---
Walked by International terminal, was opening at 730 but NO signage
msat likes this.

Last edited by theranj; Nov 1, 2022 at 9:21 am
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by theranj
look at these new signs - yvr dom
Nov 1 at 705am
---
Walked by International terminal, was opening at 730 but NO signage
By 0740 there was a lineup (YVR DOM).
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
By 0740 there was a lineup (YVR DOM).
Was it "policed" properly, or was it the typical free for all with DGAF agents?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:52 am

Just wondering if the YVR INTL MLL is open for the morning Cancun flights on Saturdays. Flight leaves at 945am
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by inar
Just wondering if the YVR INTL MLL is open for the morning Cancun flights on Saturdays. Flight leaves at 945am
Yes, at least it was on a Thursday 2 weeks ago when I took that flight. They have different hours for Thursday/Saturday to accommodate.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Was it "policed" properly, or was it the typical free for all with DGAF agents?
Large "line" (crowd) stretching from inside to outside of the lobby entry area.
An agent re-directed us all outside into the 2x lines. Then would allow a few in at a time.
So somewhat policed I guess.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I'm in the YVR Domestic MLL. Actually pretty quiet in here.

Lots of available seats despite several of the afternoon YYZ flights being delayed, including mine.

Salmon and pasta on offer for dinner.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've cleaned up the shower info in the wiki a bit to try to make it a bit more legible. For those of you keen on that topic, keep in mind that every time you edit a wiki, the stupid FT software creates an extraneous line at the end of the wiki, so please scroll down and delete it before you save the update.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
YVR TB lounge

We will have a 2 & 1/2 hr layover in YVR 7-930 am on our way to OGG in a couple weeks.
Ive read that their breakfast offerings are pretty weak. Can anyone comment if any changes since the "enhancements"
and if the lineups approach anything near the Domestic lounge? Im thinking breakfast in the Canucks bar
across the way since no bar service until 11 AM in MLL anyway!
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by muskoka
Ive read that their breakfast offerings are pretty weak. Can anyone comment if any changes since the "enhancements"
No (or at least for those I care)

Originally Posted by muskoka
and if the lineups approach anything near the Domestic lounge? Im thinking breakfast in the Canucks bar
across the way since no bar service until 11 AM in MLL anyway!
Lineup appears to be fine, possibly because most pax may have spent most of their time in the long line leading to the immigration control ...
If you like to drink in early morning like I do, MLL is pretty mediocre to say the least ...
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
No (or at least for those I care)

Lineup appears to be fine, possibly because most pax may have spent most of their time in the long line leading to the immigration control ...
If you like to drink in early morning like I do, MLL is pretty mediocre to say the least ...
I think mimosas or caesars with breakfast at the Canucks bar at 8 am on the way to Maui is the way to go. Nothing in the MLL that we want or need
at that time of day as youve said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.