Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was really impressed with the food in YYC yesterday. Sliders, fried chicken, even the pizza (though it would have been better if it were a bit warmer).
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I did not get a picture, but the YHZ MLL had a donair salad when I was there on Oct 30.

i have not seen a donair salad anywhere before!

lettuce, tomatoes, onions, donair meat and donair sauce.

i was just leaving the lounge when I saw it, so did not get a chance to try it.
That was just @codfather doing nantaimori.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by RangerNS
That was just @codfather doing nantaimori.
"looks up nantaimori": The practice of serving sashimi or sushi on the (usually naked) body of a man.

To be fair, its only donairs that he eats naked in a bathtub....
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
To be fair, its only donairs that he eats naked in a bathtub....
How do you know?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How do you know?
true....
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was really impressed with the food in YYC yesterday. Sliders, fried chicken, even the pizza (though it would have been better if it were a bit warmer).
Gonna be arriving into YYC on Friday. Will be using the arrivals lounge benefit for the 1st time for a quick bite before grabbing the rental car. Looking forward to it
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by c224488
Gonna be arriving into YYC on Friday. Will be using the arrivals lounge benefit for the 1st time for a quick bite before grabbing the rental car. Looking forward to it
There’s usually Village ice cream available, too!
c224488 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I'll be connecting in YUL Dom->TB on Wednesday. The Dom MLL is pretty sad. How does TB compare? Where should I spend my time? Will there be smoked meat?
The answer is yes there is smoked meat. YUL TB was not too crowded at 17:30 and the smoked meat sandwiches are reasonably generous. Maybe 1/4 the thickness of the middle part of a Schwartz's sandwich, but the meat extends right out to the crust. Attempt to upload photo failed.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Fun times in YYZ Dom MLL watching 2 rednecks trying to break into the booze this morning, then common sense took over and I headed to the calm of the cafe
Old Nov 9, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
In YVR Domestic tonight, seems the Enroute magazine have returned, to this lounge at least

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Nov 10, 2022 at 8:23 am
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
YUL international lounge, 10 Nov 2022:

Arrived here at 2:45pm, quite quiet.
Slowly filling up as I write this post.

The food was pretty good, not great, but good.
Nice to have hot food options other than the buffet.

My one complaint is that the over they use to warm the bread / food is obnoxiously loud. Sounds like those ovens at Subway that beep incessantly when the timer is up.

Other than that, decent experience as usual.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:17 am

Anyone know if the YVR international MLL hours on the website are accurate right now? Have an 11:20am ANA flight next Sunday, and the hours show the lounge not opening until 11, but I see there's an AC flight scheduled for 9:45 that day. Could the hours be wrong, or does Air Canada really just not open the lounge for that flight?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by justinyvr
Anyone know if the YVR international MLL hours on the website are accurate right now? Have an 11:20am ANA flight next Sunday, and the hours show the lounge not opening until 11, but I see there's an AC flight scheduled for 9:45 that day. Could the hours be wrong, or does Air Canada really just not open the lounge for that flight?
I flew to Cabo last Tuesday - lounge opened at 0730 even though posted hours were later that morning.
justinyvr likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
The YVR Intl MLL is my favourite in the whole system. There is a range of decent hot food options, and a full bar with bartender, including a menu of specialty cocktails if that's your thing.
Charlie is a great in YVR Intl.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
Fun times in YYZ Dom MLL watching 2 rednecks trying to break into the booze this morning, then common sense took over and I headed to the calm of the cafe
This should be a prime time for the AC staff to step in and remove the privileges for these two.
I avoid YEG and the old YYC lounge (pre bartenders) for that exact reason.
AC should give these guys a lifetime membership to Westjet lounges. 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.