Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well I'm now only missing one segment. The counter is just getting stupid. This year is stupid.
dr_torch, vernonc, yyckerr and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well I'm now only missing one segment. The counter is just getting stupid. This year is stupid.
I have to admit I am very excited to see that counter.
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I've got 4 of my 8 segments flown with the promo!

The promo for my March 9 & 13 segments and my 2 April 23 segments haven't posted yet, but my 2 segments on March 31 and 2 segments on April 10 have already been posted.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Having read things here, I looked back and an interesting find for me was that only one leg per day has bonused. Mine are all domestic. Wonder if folks are seeing one domestic and one Eu bonus a day? Yes I know it doesn't matter, but at this point, all we can do is have fun with it.
I think that AC needs to add a message in the muzak preamble.

If you are calling about your Get Closer to Status Bonus......
GO AWAY. We still have 8 weeks to fix this, and the person you will complain to aren't IT.
Somebody in the queue behind you needs to cancel a flight that leaves in 3 hours.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Having read things here, I looked back and an interesting find for me was that only one leg per day has bonused. Mine are all domestic. Wonder if folks are seeing one domestic and one Eu bonus a day? Yes I know it doesn't matter, but at this point, all we can do is have fun with it.
I think that AC needs to add a message in the muzak preamble.

If you are calling about your Get Closer to Status Bonus......
GO AWAY. We still have 8 weeks to fix this, and the person you will complain to aren't IT.
Somebody in the queue behind you needs to cancel a flight that leaves in 3 hours.
Except it would take AC 4.5 minutes to list all the titles they’ve used for said promotion.
FlY2XS likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
FWIW my Feb 25 bonus got posted. Still waiting on my Feb 27 and April trips.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canopus27
change your seat assignment to a port side seat, and check-in online

Is that the A seats, or the K seats that showed up in the seat map as being on the left side in their own row?
​​​​​​
canopus27 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I would agree this year is rather stupid already. I am 410K status miles for the year. I have over 150 eUps in my account (most of which I won't use). I have over $41K SQD. I have crossed all the thresholds and received the banked year and 300K and 350K gifts. The only ongoing benefit this year will be Priority Rewards which the promotion does increase. I actually have a bunch of Europe flying to do which I will guess add to the amount even more. Tracking all this, with AC's pitiful IT, has been a definite challenge.

It will be interesting to see how I start next year, and what other promotions they come up with. I have a feeling I will have no trouble getting the SQM to requalify but I am going to need some pretty expensive tickets to get the SQD.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Like many of you, I had a ton of stuff post today but I'm still missing about 10K SQM, 10 SQS and 3K SQD. There's no rhyme or reason as to which are posting and which aren't. Couple more flights and it'll be the earliest I've ever hit SE- even though I've only had it for a few years...
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I would agree this year is rather stupid already. I am 410K status miles for the year. I have over 150 eUps in my account (most of which I won't use). I have over $41K SQD. I have crossed all the thresholds and received the banked year and 300K and 350K gifts. The only ongoing benefit this year will be Priority Rewards which the promotion does increase. I actually have a bunch of Europe flying to do which I will guess add to the amount even more. Tracking all this, with AC's pitiful IT, has been a definite challenge.

It will be interesting to see how I start next year, and what other promotions they come up with. I have a feeling I will have no trouble getting the SQM to requalify but I am going to need some pretty expensive tickets to get the SQD.
Perhaps it would be sensible to go for status with Skyteam if there’s no further advantage to AC this year. That would give you flexibility to just pick the best routes/prices next year.

It only really makes sense if you’re flying J though, otherwise you’ll really miss the status you have with AC on those first few trips with Delta/KLM/AF
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
I had 1segment of a 2 segment trip post today. Weird. Still waiting on 5 segs. At least the train is moving.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Perhaps it would be sensible to go for status with Skyteam if there’s no further advantage to AC this year. That would give you flexibility to just pick the best routes/prices next year.

It only really makes sense if you’re flying J though, otherwise you’ll really miss the status you have with AC on those first few trips with Delta/KLM/AF
I thought about Skyteam but with the many latitude flights I have ex Europe the prices can’t be beat. In some cases it’s a quarter the price.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Seriously thinking, at 350 SQM and over $20K SQD, should I start with united? The only thing i loose is SQM for 2MM?

Because I love near the border driving across i do not need to COVID test. Parking at the two airports I use is cheap and don't have to use a mask.

While in Hawaii this week I need to consider this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
From 2/22-4/14 I am waiting for 12SQS and $2,390 SQD - I am 10 SQS/$1,200 SQD short of 75k, although getting the full SQD would get me to my next Priority Reward...I'm in no rush as I'm now switching to seaplanes for my weekly commute until end of Summer, but would be nice to see.
Some time between last night and this morning, I've received one leg SQX bonus from my last flight (4/14) and both legs of my third to last flight (3/31).

Now my missing SQX tracker is down to 9 SQS/$1,904 SQD. Long live my tracking spreadsheet!
Still missing the 9 SQS/$1,904 SQD - no updates in last 48 hours. I'm sure it will sort itself out eventually
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:15 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Please note some posts that got pretty specific on threshold gifts have been moved to that thread.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.