Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fraggle Rock
Loyalty to Air Canada is like resigning yourself to an abusive relationship.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Norcanair
Loyalty to Air Canada is like resigning yourself to an abusive relationship.
This is sadly accurate.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:02 am

Anyone beginning to think this is not an IT issue, but perhaps an internal squabble between the old Aeroplan/loyalty folks and the new Air Canada overseers? While we know IT is still trying to figure out the TRS-80 Model 3s they have and are massively incompetent, the fact that earlier flights up to mid-Feb posted indicates that the promotion is certaintly workable.

My concern is that if they don't post till after September - how do I know I'm going to get the double AQM miles on my Europe flgihts to get me the SE status I'm banking on? How do I trust them?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Anyone beginning to think this is not an IT issue, but perhaps an internal squabble between the old Aeroplan/loyalty folks and the new Air Canada overseers? While we know IT is still trying to figure out the TRS-80 Model 3s they have and are massively incompetent, the fact that earlier flights up to mid-Feb posted indicates that the promotion is certaintly workable.

My concern is that if they don't post till after September - how do I know I'm going to get the double AQM miles on my Europe flgihts to get me the SE status I'm banking on? How do I trust them?
Agreed that IT may not be the problem here as the promo was working til mid-February. If the promo was more successful than anticipated and they were giving more people 35k, 50k, 75k status than budgeted they would not have extended the promo for Europe through the summer especially given the price of fares.

Ultimately, if they had messaged at the beginning of the promo to expect the bonus 6-8 weeks after the bonus ended no one here would care. In true Air Canada fashion they start to do something well and then decide to change it because IT/operations can’t support the marketing decision causing customer disappointment and more calls into their call centre.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Perhaps they are concerned of handing out the early recognition status based on the promo too early in the year?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AC E75K

I think in this case, Hanlon's razor probably applies: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

(As someone else suggested, if AC was second thoughts about the promo, the September extension for European flights wouldn't have happened.)
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by seegs
Perhaps they are concerned of handing out the early recognition status based on the promo too early in the year?
This has certainly crossed my mind. Changed jobs in 2019, didn't fly much, down to 25k. With promo I expect to be at 75k by end of sept. But with 8 weeks after promo end delay, will only get early recognition to 35k.
airstream74 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM
Anyone beginning to think this is not an IT issue, but perhaps an internal squabble between the old Aeroplan/loyalty folks and the new Air Canada overseers?
There are eupgrades getting stuck on cancelled tickets. Cancelled tickets sometimes continue to hold onto selected seats. Cancelled tickets don't completely retire, but continue to refresh in the app, and online as well.
For tickets which were changed, AQD is often wrong. Agents appear to be struggling more than usual to make manual date-changes changes to tickets. So no, I think there is some ticket management issue inside AC. Since this will result in the promo giving people wrong bonuses, I suspect AC/AP decided to stop batch jobs related to points accumulation until after an underlying issue is resolved.
Benner likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Has anyone noticed that Air Canada has removed this promo from their promo tab permanently?

Had flights back in Feb and also a recent one in April. Both bonuses have not showed up yet.

I have a feeling that Air Canada is regretting this and will not honour the bonus SQM/SQD.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by c224488
I have a feeling that Air Canada is regretting this and will not honour the bonus SQM/SQD.
No, there's no realistic chance of that. They'll come through in the end...
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'd say there is ZERO chance of them not honouring. It's a systems problem and I am sure it will be fixed sooner or likely later
canadiancow and theranj like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Yea I guess it wouldn't make sense if they arbitrarily pulled out.

Hopefully the promotion is still extended for Europe until Sept 30, 2022. It seems like they removed the "Accelerate your way to status" page completely.....
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:11 pm

They won't bail on this promotion because, almost by definition, it engages their most committed customers. It's the weirdos who hang out on this forum (i.e. people like me) who do daft things like take unnecessary flights or buy stupidly expensive fares just to increase status, earn points, and all the rest.
dr_torch, Symmetre, YYCCL3 and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
Promos continue even when you can’t find them on the website

As much as I would prefer a website to be a repository of everything current (and even past), it’s not the case with Air Canada.

The promo is still active.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ication.html#/
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:48 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by seegs
Agreed , heavens, they must be thinking , "how on earth are we going to add another 100 passengers to the already 100 passengers already in zone 1 and 2".
GET RID OF THESE PROMOS !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.